+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Benjamin 'Coach' Wade: H vs V - Villain

Re: Benjamin 'Coach' Wade: H vs V - Villain

I sure wasn't Coach's number-one fan, but how is he a villain? He wasn't a schemer, a must-win-at-all costs player, a backstabber, or terribly hostile to his tribemates. He's kind of in a class by himself...not that I mean that in a good way but definitely not a villain. It would have been more fun to put him with the heroes...give him the chance to clean house on that tribe then we could have watched the fun with Russell & Randy at merge.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The only villainous Coach moment I got was when he flat out lied about Sierra trying to make an alliance with him when it was in fact he who was trying to make one with her (after Tyson got voted out).

Coach is delusional, and I learned to appreciate him after the game. But I wouldn't classify him as a hero per say--I just don't look at Coach and think--hero!!

I think that's why he is a villain...he really can't be classified as a hero so he has to be a villain.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I think the breakdown had a lot to do with evening out the teams and making sure certain players would be on the same team. Probst doesn't consider Coach to be a villain (I realize he didn't have the only vote).

Calling him a hero would have made him ever more delusional. It kind of validates that we believe he invented post-its, swam with a school of dolphins and saved them from an evil tuna distributor, all while being hunted by the inhabitants of some long forgotten jungle in southeast asia, whom he escaped by making a radio out of tin foil.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3801498;
    Calling him a hero would have made him ever more delusional. It kind of validates that we believe he invented post-its, swam with a school of dolphins and saved them from an evil tuna distributor, all while being hunted by the inhabitants of some long forgotten jungle in southeast asia, whom he escaped by making a radio out of tin foil.

Besides, the censors ruled against CBS calling it "Heroes vs. A--holes."
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I think publicly labelling him as a villain will make for some hysterical confessionals as he tries to rationalize his way out of it.

Why not three tribes? Heroes vs. Villians Vs Those with delusions of grandeur?

Coach is a villain because he is very disliked. No one wanted him to win. That= a villain.

Oh, I look forward to seeing the man and the mission once again. The morning Tai Chi, the crazy meditations, the delusional rants. The mind of the truly crazy Coach Maestro "I Make No Excuses" Wade. I am braced for the truly nonsensical excuses. Let the games begin. And don't get voted off too quickly Coach!

+ Reply to Thread