+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Parvati Shallow: H vs V - Villain

Re: Parvati Shallow: H vs V - Villain

I agree. I don't see where she thinks she's "God's gift" either. If she is leading anyone "along by their noses," then good for her. It's a good thing to be persuasive, especially in Survivor. Certainly, everyone tries their best to persuade everyone else, and that's why I tune in, to watch who is having an impact on whom and why. Also, there's nothing at all wrong with being hot! That shouldn't be a determining factor in whether or not they have your respect. Parvati is fortunate to be both hot and smart! That was JT's downfall, I think. He had trouble trusting and respecting women, so he put his trust in the least trustworthy person out there, who was woefully un-hot and absolutely not worthy of anyone's respect, and I'll give you several hints: his name starts with an R and it rhymes with corpuscle!

Nothing wrong with being hot at all, just my point is, she almost seems like she thinks she is "entitled" because of her hotness.

Don't get me wrong, I love her on the show, and she is hot. But its just a get over yourself baby, kinda thing I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;3896569;
    Nothing wrong with being hot at all, just my point is, she almost seems like she thinks she is "entitled" because of her hotness.

Don't get me wrong, I love her on the show, and she is hot. But its just a get over yourself baby, kinda thing I'm talking about.
    I believe she is over it, I also believe she has great sense of humor about it. I don't believe the way she acts is driven by how hot she think she is, it's just her personality. Like someone said during fans vs favorites; she will flirt with a tree.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Yeah, your probably right. I do think she is a pretty cool chick, and she does have a cool personality, and I totally see why men are attracted to her.

I probably shouldn't be too judgmental, you are right, it is probably just the way she is and she can't help it. Its the men's fault anyway for willingly being led around by the nose like a puppy on a leash.

I will also say she is VERY VERY smart, a lot smarter than probably most give her credit for. (At least smart in the sense of Survivor and people skills.) Not sure about in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;3896585;
    it is probably just the way she is and she can't help it.
    I'm sure she can help, but feminine charms not only come naturally to her, more importantly she knows how to use her gifts. They have served her very well in Survivor. In a primarily social game they have given her an edge. But as Jeff pointed out in today's blog, she is hugely competitive and would never ever give up on an immunity challenge unless there were a competitive reason for doing so. We saw that once again last evening in the endurance challenge. She is working very hard to win this game.

FORT Regular

She had an amazing extra interview where she talked about Danielle and Jerri flirting with Colby. She was laughing about how the two women were pretty much throwing themselves at him and she said they were doing it wrong -- "you have to make him want to come over and talk to you." This is great advice for Survivor in general and I think it is why she does so well. She makes it alluring for you to come over to her side and do what she wants you to do. It also keeps you in a friendly mindset when it comes to the jury.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheops;3898795;
    she talked about Danielle and Jerri flirting with Colby.
    Oh no!! Does Couch know Jerri was two-timing him?

Watching Ponderosa, I was wondering if Coach and Courtney were going to hook up. Probably too big of an age difference.

I am Not a Parvati fan, but I think the way she played the two hidden immunity idols to save Jerri and Sandra was brilliant! I'm way behind with the DVR, but I just saw that episode, and I couldn't stop laughing! She had to play both of the idols for all of the reasons mentioned here, PLUS one: She needed to show the jury that she IS a game player, and not just a coat tail rider. Therefore, if she gets to the end, she can point out big plays she made for herself when asked the perennial question: "What was your game changing play, and why should we give a million dollars to a coat tail rider?"
    This was a drama play and it will give Parvati something big to point out that they all witnessed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom;3904290;
    something big to point out that they all witnessed.
    That's a huge point right there.

I don't see Parv as smug at all. What I saw was someone working very hard to set her tone just right in front of the jury. She understood and carried that out consistenty and better than anyone else.

+ Reply to Thread