+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Parvati Shallow: H vs V - Villain

FORT Regular

Re: Parvati Shallow: H vs V - Villain

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3884273;
    So in fact Parvati keeping her HII a secret from Russell paid off in huge dividends.
    I never said she should have told Russell about the idol. It just seems like she could have perhaps worked it so that she still had a "secret" one and been in an even better position next week. Sandra is not going to stay loyal to Parvati just for potentially saving her this week. So saving her was marginal at best and if it had been Sandra instead of Jerri then Parvati still would have had an idol for the next vote.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Maybe she's also hoping that if J or S and/or D wind up on the jury they will think kindly of her. She saved them all this week....and at the least I think they get more money the longer they are there.

I can't dislike Parvati because I don't feel there is anything malicious about her gameplay. She uses whatever works to get herself further in the game, but she does it with a certain amount of humour and charm. She's much like my beloved Rob in that sense.

She had a great move last episode- not quite as good as Russell's move earlier in the season, but still very good.
    Last edited by Magnum; 04-24-2010 at 02:05 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

She should change her last name and become Parvati Deep.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3884897;
    I can't dislike Parvati because I don't feel there is anything malicious about her gameplay. She uses whatever works to get herself further in the game, but she does it with a certain amount of humour and charm. She's much like my beloved Rob in that sense.
    I disagree. I think she is completely malicious and self-centered. Rob's humor is funny, whereas hers is meant to meanly skewer people she thinks are beneath her. But the "debaucherous little villians" line when she was skwering them over their banana obsession was funny - but a guilty pleasure as it was so mean.

What she has in common with Rob is general coloring, beautiful white teeth, shrewdness and intelligence. Amanda totally tipped her hand so Parvati could read her like a book. Knowing the hero team would not rest until they flushed out the idol, she took the target off her back in a way where she did not appear to be a victim or vulnerable at all, which is a rather brilliant survival strategy, getting rid of both idols while going on the offensive with her nasty comment to the other team - and at the same time garnering loyalty from Sandra and Jerri for herself on the villains team. I dislike her and hope she doesn't win again, unless it is between her and Russell, in which case I will root for her 100%.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Parvati knows how to play this game, and she knows how to play it well. She has a way about her, and has (most) everyone following her lead. Go Parvati!
    She is smarter than the average bear.

Quote Originally Posted by nanaslbkp;3893635;
    She is smarter than the average bear.
    Especially the average bear who also suffers from testosterone poisoning.

I really can't stand women that think they are God's gift, and think they can lead men along by their noses, all because they are hot, with a hot bod. News flash baby, hot chicks are a dime a dozen and you are nothing that special. If I was in her midst, I can truely say she would have the opposite effect on me, being the great lover of hot women that I am, you may ask, how is that possible. Its true because I have grown as a person and take things for what they are. A tiger is a tiger, expect it to kill and eat you. A spitting cobra is a spitting cobra, expect it to bite you and spit in your eyes blinding you. A hot girl is a hot girl, they are everywhere, its nothing special.

Now with that being said, I do totally respect her for her game play. She IS a GREAT player, maybe one of the best ever, and I do enjoy watching her this season, simply because she is a GREAT villian and player. Do I respect her as a hot girl? No not at all.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;3895659;
    I really can't stand women that think they are God's gift, and think they can lead men along by their noses, all because they are hot, with a hot bod. News flash baby, hot chicks are a dime a dozen and you are nothing that special.
    I don't get the impression that Parvati thinks she's `God's gift.' Yes, she uses her charm on guys, but that doesn't mean that she thinks she's God's gift. I really have liked her ever since I watched her on the season that she won, and I'm rooting for her here. She's so funny and seems to have a good sense of humor.

+ Reply to Thread