+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Parvati Shallow: H vs V - Villain

Re: Parvati Shallow: H vs V - Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3880225;
    Still find her king of annoying and a bit of a coattail rider this season, but good on her for getting this far since she had a target on her back since day one (although it is mainly thanks to Russell).
    See I actually think she's in charge. she's smart enough to let Russell think he is the one making all the calls and is doing a great job of stroking his ego while looking to position herself for the end. The way she handled floating the idea of ousting Sandra instead of Courtney was brilliant. She realized it was better for her to keep Courtney, but it didn't make a big enough difference to her to risk alienating Russell.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I don't see Pav as riding coattails at all. Russ might think he's in charge but Pav is very much in control. Notice how she kept the II info to herself and Dani versus sharing it with Russ? Pav always keeps in mind the end game whereas Russ focuses on getting there versus keeping in mind he also needs votes.

She is riding his coattails, but that is part of her strategy. She isn't making any decisions, just doing what Russell says, and I don't think not telling about a hidden immunity idol means she's in control. It worked for Natalie, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3880803;
    She is riding his coattails, but that is part of her strategy. She isn't making any decisions, just doing what Russell says, and I don't think not telling about a hidden immunity idol means she's in control. It worked for Natalie, though...
    She's doing a lot more than he says.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

FORT Regular

Yeah, she's been pretty impressive this season. Micronesia she seemed a little upstaged by Cirie but not now. Go Parvati!

FORT Fogey

Nobody can deny that she made an incredible move last night. She made the best move possible.
    I like that she is playing with Russell. I think they make a great pair. He was so unknown that he has been able to use his lack of reputation to his advantage. No way would JT hand him the idol if he knew who Russell Hantz really was. Parvati has been able to use her relationships. She knew Amanda well enough to know that she was lying, That is a huge advantage. I think she probably needs to keep her alliance in the loop a bit more. I would hate for her to go home because she lost the trust of her alliance.

FORT Regular

the only part of her game I didn't like last night is that it seemed she was so wrapped up in the "Blindside Pissing Contest" she is having with Russell that she wasted an opportunity. She probably could have worked it so that she only used 1 idol and still had another secret one in her pocket. Instead she tried (and succeeded) to out-drama Russell and may have wasted one. Still a damn good player. Don't play poker with Parvati!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3880239;
    I've never hated her, but didn't love her either. I think that it's because she is really quite subtle in her machinations and that can take time for a viewer to appreciate. I do now appreciate her play, and her personality, and I have posted that I believe she is my favourite Survivor ever. She reminds me of the queen in a tale of classic mythology.
    Or one of the Borgia women! I am one of the converts...didn't like her in her first season as she just seemed to be using sex to coattail without any other plan....her second season we could see what she was thinking while she used it so much more interesting,... and this season, wowza.... I wonder if she was always this good but they just edited it out, and now they are showing it, or if she has just grown.... I still like Sandra who's able to do many of the same things without using sex in the same way, but much more aprpeciative of Parvati.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheops;3884249;
    the only part of her game I didn't like last night is that it seemed she was so wrapped up in the "Blindside Pissing Contest" she is having with Russell that she wasted an opportunity. She probably could have worked it so that she only used 1 idol and still had another secret one in her pocket. Instead she tried (and succeeded) to out-drama Russell and may have wasted one. Still a damn good player. Don't play poker with Parvati!
    I think the only way she could have pulled that off was to know for sure who the heroes were voting for and I don't know how she could have got that information.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I don't know how she could have worked it so she only played one idol.

The Heroes were going to lie to Russell about the vote anyway by telling him the vote was Parvati--hence why he gave her his HII.

But Parvati saw through Amanda and realized they're NOT voting for her.

Russell wouldn't have known who the Heroes were really voting for, and the Heroes wouldn't have told him so he would have never found out anyway. Amanda, though she was a bad liar, was obviously going to remain tight-lipped about the vote. So it would have been almost a wild guess which of the remaining women (Jerri or Sandra) the Heroes were going to vote for.

Parvati could have taken a gamble and only give one idol away, or she could have guaranteed all 5 Villains were there for the next round, knowing she herself was safe and that Russell was as well since the Heroes were supposed to believe Russell was with them.

I don't think she was trying to have a "Blindside Pissing Contest" with Russell vs. playing it safe by letting as few people know about her HII as possible (the less people know, the better your chances of using it correctly). HAD Parvati told Russell she already had a HII, he wouldn't have given her his, and Parvati would only have one HII to give to either Sandra or Jerri--a much tougher predicament.

No way Russell would have given his HII to Sandra or Jerri--and since Parvati's first choice of the HIIs went to Sandra, it's very likely Parvati would have given her only idol to Sandra, and Jerri would have gotten the votes.

So in fact Parvati keeping her HII a secret from Russell paid off in huge dividends.

+ Reply to Thread