+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Rob Mariano: H vs V - Villain

FORT Regular

Re: Rob Mariano: H vs V - Villain

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3848860;
    Rob calling Russell a hobbit on crack.

He saved the villains again with his skill at the challenge.
    1) LMAO

2) No he didn't. The heroes being forced to only listen to one person nearly beat them. The villains had a decent lead going into the puzzle portion but Tom missed winning by "this much." One authoritative voice is the key to it -- not Rob.

Rob, Rob, Rob....how can he be surprised that someone is looking for the idol? It's ALL STARS...

Not to mention, doesn't he know the Heroes tribe is obviously going to look for it as well? Why go into the merge with the possibility of the Heroes having a HII while his tribe does not?

The only reason I'm watching this season is because of Boston Rob. Once he's voted out, I'm not interested. I'm sure it's going to be the Russel show again once he's gone, Boston Rob was the only one who could challenge him.

Welcome to the big leagues, Rob. You're not playing with amateurs anymore.

Post-boot interview with Rob. It's great, at least to me, because it shows he really does see this as a game, and doesn't take things personally. He also loves the game, and the fans, and the whole thing so much it makes me like him even more.

His comments about Amber and Lucia are lovely.

'Survivor' villain Boston Rob Mariano: Russell Hantz 'made the right move' - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

By Andrea Reiher

"Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains" lost one of the most popular players of all time when villain Boston Rob Mariano went home. He talks to Zap2it about Russell, Amber and his new baby daughter and the Red Sox.

What made you want to do "Survivor" for a third time?
    I love the game. I love the competition of it. Sometimes I feel like I was born to play it and when CBS and Mark Burnett called, it was an honor and a no-brainer. I mean, the game has given me so much over the years and it'd be crazy not to go back again.

Are you glad you did, now that it's all over?
    Absolutely. I had a phenomenal time. I had a lot of fun competing again and playing the game. It was a good experience.

Why do you think you and Russell were so against each other right off the bat? It seems to us that if you'd teamed up, you two could've gotten to the end together.
    You know, in theory, I think you're probably right. Had we teamed up we probably could have run the whole game. However, in reality, I don't think that could happen because Russell and I, although we have strategically some very similar traits, I think fundamentally we're different at the core. I think he had a similar attitude that you're either with me or you're against me and from the outset he was against me. The thing that he does fundamentally makes the tribe weak and those are tactics I wouldn't explore. I would try to keep my team strong and strategically go about making my alliances in a different way than he does. I learned over the years, I got more experience than him. He got the better of me this time and I give him credit for that. There's more to the game than getting to the end, though. The strategy that Russell's playing right now may in fact get him far, but it's gonna be really difficult for him to win. I ran into the same problem in All-Stars. I learned enough from that time to switch my strategy. I don't think he's necessarily learned that lesson yet.

[Ed. note: Russell did in fact get the end of his season but at the point of taping "Heroes vs. Villains," he doesn't know that Natalie beat him in the voting, so Rob is probably right about him not learning that lesson yet.]

Do you have hard feelings towards Russell outside the game?
    I don't have any hard feelings towards him at all. I get what he was trying to do. I won't go so far as to say that I respect his game play, but I understand it. He made the right move to get me off because if he didn't, it was gonna be his a**. I understand it and I get it and I don't have any hard feelings. It's a game. Going into it, one person's gonna win. I'm playing to win and I'm giving 100% in every challenge. I play hard and it's always all or nothing

We've sort of nicknamed this season Brawn vs Brains instead of Heroes vs. Villains. Do you think that's a fair assessment?
    It's tough to categorize it. Even the monikers Heroes and Villains are blurred. You can't really just say Brains vs. Brawn and say it's just that. I would agree with elements of that but I wouldn't generalize. We've had better luck in the puzzles and in the strategic part of the challenges. Physically they have bested us, but we're not completely inept physically nor are they mentally.

Who are you rooting for?
    I'm going fill you in on a little secret: when you're voted off the show, you don't root for anybody. When you're gone, you're not like, "Ooh, I hope this person wins." Once I was gone, I didn't care. Whoever wins wins, and that person would've played the game the best.

Can we get an update on Amber and your family?
    Amber's doing great. We watched the whole season together. She's really proud of me, which meant a lot. Our daughter is unbelievable, she's so much fun. She'll be 9 months on Sunday, hopefully taking her first steps pretty soon. Definitely the most fulfilling thing that's ever happened in my life. Her name's Lucia Rosa, Lucia is Italian, it means "Light of God." It was my grandmother's name.

Opening Day is Monday (April 5), are the Red Sox gonna win the AL East this year?
    [laughs] There's no doubt about it. I have a pretty good feeling that they're gonna win the World Series this year.

Any messages to your fans out there?
    First of all, I gotta say the fans are the ones that make the show. The reason why "Survivor" has been on for 20 seasons and almost a decade is because of the fans. Without them the show would be nothing. I appreciate everybody that watches, whether they root for me or against me, I get it. It's all good.

Thanks for posting the article!

I don't watch the show, but my mom does and he was her fav.

'Survivor' villain Boston Rob Mariano: Russell Hantz 'made the right move' - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

By Andrea Reiher

Quote:
    "Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains" lost one of the most popular players of all time when villain Boston Rob Mariano went home. He talks to Zap2it about Russell, Amber and his new baby daughter and the Red Sox.

What made you want to do "Survivor" for a third time?
    I love the game. I love the competition of it. Sometimes I feel like I was born to play it and when CBS and Mark Burnett called, it was an honor and a no-brainer. I mean, the game has given me so much over the years and it'd be crazy not to go back again.

Are you glad you did, now that it's all over?
    Absolutely. I had a phenomenal time. I had a lot of fun competing again and playing the game. It was a good experience.

Why do you think you and Russell were so against each other right off the bat? It seems to us that if you'd teamed up, you two could've gotten to the end together.
    You know, in theory, I think you're probably right. Had we teamed up we probably could have run the whole game. However, in reality, I don't think that could happen because Russell and I, although we have strategically some very similar traits, I think fundamentally we're different at the core. I think he had a similar attitude that you're either with me or you're against me and from the outset he was against me. The thing that he does fundamentally makes the tribe weak and those are tactics I wouldn't explore. I would try to keep my team strong and strategically go about making my alliances in a different way than he does. I learned over the years, I got more experience than him. He got the better of me this time and I give him credit for that. There's more to the game than getting to the end, though. The strategy that Russell's playing right now may in fact get him far, but it's gonna be really difficult for him to win. I ran into the same problem in All-Stars. I learned enough from that time to switch my strategy. I don't think he's necessarily learned that lesson yet.

[Ed. note: Russell did in fact get the end of his season but at the point of taping "Heroes vs. Villains," he doesn't know that Natalie beat him in the voting, so Rob is probably right about him not learning that lesson yet.]

Do you have hard feelings towards Russell outside the game?
    I don't have any hard feelings towards him at all. I get what he was trying to do. I won't go so far as to say that I respect his game play, but I understand it. He made the right move to get me off because if he didn't, it was gonna be his a**. I understand it and I get it and I don't have any hard feelings. It's a game. Going into it, one person's gonna win. I'm playing to win and I'm giving 100% in every challenge. I play hard and it's always all or nothing

We've sort of nicknamed this season Brawn vs Brains instead of Heroes vs. Villains. Do you think that's a fair assessment?
    It's tough to categorize it. Even the monikers Heroes and Villains are blurred. You can't really just say Brains vs. Brawn and say it's just that. I would agree with elements of that but I wouldn't generalize. We've had better luck in the puzzles and in the strategic part of the challenges. Physically they have bested us, but we're not completely inept physically nor are they mentally.

Who are you rooting for?
    I'm going fill you in on a little secret: when you're voted off the show, you don't root for anybody. When you're gone, you're not like, "Ooh, I hope this person wins." Once I was gone, I didn't care. Whoever wins wins, and that person would've played the game the best.

Can we get an update on Amber and your family?
    Amber's doing great. We watched the whole season together. She's really proud of me, which meant a lot. Our daughter is unbelievable, she's so much fun. She'll be 9 months on Sunday, hopefully taking her first steps pretty soon. Definitely the most fulfilling thing that's ever happened in my life. Her name's Lucia Rosa, Lucia is Italian, it means "Light of God." It was my grandmother's name.

Opening Day is Monday (April 5), are the Red Sox gonna win the AL East this year?
    [laughs] There's no doubt about it. I have a pretty good feeling that they're gonna win the World Series this year.

Any messages to your fans out there?
    First of all, I gotta say the fans are the ones that make the show. The reason why "Survivor" has been on for 20 seasons and almost a decade is because of the fans. Without them the show would be nothing. I appreciate everybody that watches, whether they root for me or against me, I get it. It's all good.
    Oh, really? Isn't there a more important reason that any one of us was born, than to be on a reality TV show?

Russell H. said the same thing, without the "Sometimes I feel like". And I can barely tolerate neither of them.

But we all know that having an ego that can't be contained makes $$$ in the entertainment world.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3868956;
    It's interesting that people crucify Russell for taking credit for things he didn't do, and here is Rob taking credit for Russell's game. Saying Russell is just copying his first two seasons' game play. These two certainly were cast on the correct tribe -- Villains to the core.

I wonder how much Rob's ego is bruised that his interview is mostly about Russell.
    I think the tribe should have been named a*******.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Thanks for the interview, sweetpea. I wish everybody had Rob's attitude that it's just a game and it's meant to be fun. Only one person can win, so everybody else had better find some other positives to take away from the game.

FORT Regular

Well he and Ambuh were the reasons I stopped watching Survivor for a while there but I do have to say that I am pleasantly surprised by his post game interviews. He's definitely taken the high road and I didn't expect that from him. Even Tom used the interviews to take digs at people but Rob's have been fairly tame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678