+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sandra Diaz-Twine: H vs V - Villain

Re: Sandra Diaz-Twine: H vs V - Villain

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3906509;
    If so, it would be very dumb to bring it on Survivor, where it would be severely exposed to the elements and generally yucked up.
    So it would be dumb to bring anything special then, huh? Like a Bible, a photo, a t-shirt, etc. onto 'Survivor'?

Russell kept the hat hung up on the shelter, or on his head. It's not like he left it in the sand all night, getting battered by rain and/or storms that I ever saw.

All I'm saying is that she shouldn't have done that. I agree that he was/is an obnoxious man, but what's right is right, and what's wrong is wrong. And what she did, in my personal opinion, was wrong. I think it is terrible that anyone destroys anything, and I'm not defending Russell with the socks, but it is highly doubtful that socks were of any sentimental value, like a hat could have been.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Russel actually said that it was a good move, and she should have done it sooner because it had him distracted from the game. He also said that she did it out of spite and not strategy so it wasn't a great move. Something along those lines.

I would have no hesitation burning Russell's hat. In fact I respect Sandra even more after that.

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3908745;
    So it would be dumb to bring anything special then, huh? Like a Bible, a photo, a t-shirt, etc. onto 'Survivor'?

Russell kept the hat hung up on the shelter, or on his head. It's not like he left it in the sand all night, getting battered by rain and/or storms that I ever saw.

All I'm saying is that she shouldn't have done that. I agree that he was/is an obnoxious man, but what's right is right, and what's wrong is wrong. And what she did, in my personal opinion, was wrong. I think it is terrible that anyone destroys anything, and I'm not defending Russell with the socks, but it is highly doubtful that socks were of any sentimental value, like a hat could have been.
    After Jenna Morasca losing her Sorority jacket and I think crown she brought in the Amazon due to a fire - accidental here, yeah, I can say that bringing something that you 100 percent do not want lost, damaged or destroyed would be a bad idea. Bringing something special I understand, but there needs to be some thought because they will be going to a place with harsh elements.

As far as Russell's hat - if it's really special, as in maybe his grandfather gave it to him as a dying present (an example here ) I'd probably not have brought it because it is very hot in these locations and sweat does corrode fabric pretty well. And of course there are acts of God and nature that can cause you to lose said item as the above.

FORT Newbie

Sandra deserved this win 100% - the WHOLE point of survivor is to vote out your fellow castaways - but still win the vote. Sandra voted out every person on that jury except danielle.

so why is everyone saying russell deserves it? He doesn't understand the game, Sandra and Parvati took HIM to the final, and she only recieved 3 votes over 78 days, and won twice.

RUSSELL YOU HAVE NO ARGUEMENT Sandra rocks.

I've stated before how good Sandra was in rolling with the punches and adapting, and I realized something about it. As she mentioned before, for a long time she strategized with the goal of voting Russell out, and yet due to the Heroes not taking the opportunity, she failed time and again. Of course, we saw how she turned those failures into a success when she pointed out how the opportunity to vote Russell out was there and she offered it more than once, yet it was the Heroes themselves who chose to not take that opportunity and ended up getting voted off themselves.

The cool thing about it is how she fessed up to it in Final TC. I mean, sure, she turned the failure into a success, but that also makes her just about the only person to win this game while admitting their main strategy failed. To be able to do that, then turn it around like she did and come up with a win, that is seriously awesome.

I wouldn't take anything away from Sandra on a good under the radar and generally outlasting strategy without pissing everyone off. But I do think Sandra also got EXTREMELY lucky in both this season and Pearl Islands. I think Tom was right in his statement that it is about 1/3 luck 1/3 physical and 1/3 social, but the case in Sandra I think it was more like 1/2 luck for her. Luck in that no one went on board to vote Russell out. (Which would have been a big mistake for her instead of taking him to the end.) Luck in the fact that she was on the villians tribe to begin with. Luck in that she squeaked by before the merge, just being the last one standing in her original alliance, when Russells alliance was either going to vote Sandra or Courtney (Courtney would have been a much better choice for them in hindsight) so she got lucky there. Luck when Parv just happened to have 2 idols to save her and Jerris sorry butts. Luck that Parv was even willing to do that instead of keeping one for herself and giving Jerri the other idol. Luck in finding her own idol. I could go on and on, but luck played a big part in Sandras 2 time champion status, I think there is no way to deny that.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree with a lot of the instances of "luck" above, but it wasn't luck that got Sandra safe and not Courtney...it's that Sandra presented herself as less of a threat.

Agreed-luck played a part. Parvarti's idol play, however, saved Jerri not Sandra. Sandra presented herself as less of a threat to the other side.

Luck that she could not get rid of Russell, yet not luck that she wanted to get rid of him and failed like the rest. Her clear disdain for him seperated her from the pack for much of the jury. Her earlier failures spelled success for her when it counted most.

It was smart of her to tell Russell she was against him. May not have seemed that way at the time, but when they were looking at Russell's alliance they could never firmly place Sandra in with him. They could only seee her voting to survive week to week, and she made it clearthat her vote was there for them to have and they failed to capitalize on it.

She was lucky, yes, but not as lucky as some may believe her to be.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3914973;
    I agree with a lot of the instances of "luck" above, but it wasn't luck that got Sandra safe and not Courtney...it's that Sandra presented herself as less of a threat.
    Sandra is the BEST under-the-radar player the show has ever had. The same thing happened in the series she won a few years ago.

She's loud and obnoxious but people gloss over her as a non-threat. How she can do both is actually pretty amazing.

+ Reply to Thread