+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sandra Diaz-Twine: H vs V - Villain

Re: Sandra Diaz-Twine: H vs V - Villain

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3906284;
    Miss Twine owes Russell a new hat after destruction of his property.
    Likewise, Russell owes Jaison a new pair of socks, no?

Remarkably, this is the one thing that Russell complimented Sandra on... by removing his hat, it left him a tiny bit out-of-sorts at FTC. Even he said it was a smart move.

Me? I just loved seeing the troll getting a taste of his own medicine.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I thought that the whole hat burning thing was way out of line. That hat could have been very special... maybe his dad or someone gave it to him. I highly doubt socks were anything sentimental.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

To the Point

If burning personal property is an issue in one instance, it's an issue in all! Grandma could have given that pair of socks as the last gift before dying for all we know....yes, that was being a bit sarcastic, but making a point. Personal property is just that.

i'm most impressed by sandra's claim in that article that she still has money saved from her first million and will be saving most of this as well. that makes me like her even more, that she doesn't feel the need to spend it all on silly things, but is tucking it away to make her future more comfortable.
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3906401;
    That hat could have been very special...
    If so, it would be very dumb to bring it on Survivor, where it would be severely exposed to the elements and generally yucked up.

I'm not a fan of destroying someone's personal stuff. However, I am a fan of karma coming around and biting someone in their arrogant, obnoxious, self-centered butt.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3906509;
    Originally Posted by TV_Junkie
    That hat could have been very special...
    If so, it would be very dumb to bring it on Survivor, where it would be severely exposed to the elements and generally yucked up.

I'm not a fan of destroying someone's personal stuff. However, I am a fan of karma coming around and biting someone in their arrogant, obnoxious, self-centered butt.
    This also sadly wouldn't be the first time personal property was destroyed - and in that case there was some true sentimental value.

During the Amazon season when Jenna Morasca won, there was a fire that set the campsite on fire. Doesn't matter how it started, but all their property was destroyed, including Jenna's very sentimental Sorority jacket and I believe crown.

I did notice that since apparently personal luxury items are not really used much. One exception was Colby's Texas flag at the campsite doubling as a tarp in the last few days I saw on the show. I guess they have to win the right to have them or only a couple get them I don't know.

I don't think we'll ever see someone do an "Immunity headdress" like Elizabeth again. (Weird or not, that was funny and she did make the final four).

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3906284;
    Miss Twine owes Russell a new hat after destruction of his property.
    Russell owes people for socks and given his rudeness and threats to her and others in the game - subtle or not, I can see why they did this. He's also admitted as mentioned it was a good strategy.

And, it wasn't like he could cry breaking the rules when he did burn said socks last season.

Russell was certainly well prepared for his cutting remarks about her skills. More prepared in fact than he was for the Final Tribal.
    Russell is so farsighted on other's issues he fails to see his own. As Sandra said, he became a goat that you could essentially lead to slaughter. Save possible one or two this season, Russell was NOT going to win (He might've beaten James, Randy or even Coach or Tyson).

I understand the sentiment of people applauding Sandra for her comments after she won but it didn't match her tiara.
    Queens are also known for being bitchy and condescending. But point is too that her comments toward Russell - during and post show so no editing comments can be debated - have also been spot on.

Sandra certainly was the sentimental favorite. The mother, wife of a soldier, whose mother had recently died. Pavarti had no storyline, nor did Russell. Back to the oil for him and I don't know what for her.
    Storyline means nothing except getting onto the show. She could've been the Queen Mother with a flawless record and been the first voted out.

I think Russell could make more than Sandra did if he creates and launches his own board game. Or something like that. He's built his own brand better than any other Survivor. Hopefully he won't do anything cheesy with his fame, although I didn't mind Stephanie starting a restaurant. I am disappointed with Jenna's career path.
    Russell will - as of right now if he doesn't stop the idiotic remarks about how "survivor" is flawed and about people in specific - probably not get anyone to take his business. He's too full of himself he'd not take even constructive criticism. He has also shown time and time again he knows nothing about true social and smarming skills - which are needed to get people to truly listen to you and want to work with you full time.

Simply put - he will have to be able to placate their egos and take a hit on his own if he will be successful, and I don't see it happening.

Sandra isn't doing anything more than playing a game and moving on. I also think she was offered "All-Stars," but had declined. She was also a breath of fresh air to a season that had way too many three-peat competitors. Tom and Sugar were also other ones, even though they were out too early to really get that feel of were they enjoying round two.

Stephanie has a lot going against her with a restaurant (they're hard to keep in business more than one year later), but I think she has a chance.

As far as Jenna, I'm sure you're referring to her helping Ethan and them working with that charity. You know what? - I find that job a hell of a lot more respectful than being a bully like Russell is or those who constantly go on reality shows to make their living (yes, I have to admit this is my only bug with Rob, but he still is a lot classier than Russell).

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3906401;
    I thought that the whole hat burning thing was way out of line. That hat could have been very special... maybe his dad or someone gave it to him. I highly doubt socks were anything sentimental.
    was it out of line? Yes. Was it wrong? Yes.Do most people understand why Sandra did it even though it was wrong? Yes. We reap what we sow and all Russell has sown is hatred and disrespect-now his crops are coming in and he's buried in a harvest of ill-will and contempt.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

Not only did Russell burn Jaison's socks, if I recall correctly he brought a pair to the reunion show. After "apologizing" and pulling them from his pocket he turns and waits for Jaison to extend his hand for them and then he turns and tosses them into the fire.

Yeah, I'm really mourning the loss of this guys hat.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3907022;
    Not only did Russell burn Jaison's socks, if I recall correctly he brought a pair to the reunion show. After "apologizing" and pulling them from his pocket he turns and waits for Jaison to extend his hand for them and then he turns and tosses them into the fire.

Yeah, I'm really mourning the loss of this guys hat.
    your avatar makes your comment all the more funny.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

+ Reply to Thread