+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sandra Diaz-Twine: H vs V - Villain

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Sandra Diaz-Twine: H vs V - Villain

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGH;3896980;
    Sandra became my favorite player of all time after watching her masterful performance on Pearl Islands, and that's only been re-enforced here some 5-6 years later. I mean I'll see people say "well she hasn't done anything this season" and it makes me wonder what game they're watching. Just because someone is more under the radar and quiet rather than flashy and belligerent that doesn't mean they aren't playing. Well, sometimes it does, heh, but not with her. She's come so close twice this season to pulling off the major move like she did in Pearl, but Candice screwed her over once and the Heroes not believing her about Russell did it the other time. She's so much smarter than she's given credit for. Watching some of the videos on CBS.com I'm so impressed with her. There was a video posted today I believe where she gives her personal read on Colby, and it's spot on. The woman knows the game, knows the players, and she knows her strategy down to the final detail. So under stated and under the radar while she does it all too. She's so much more than her lippy mouth. I mean essentially her strategy always puts her where the numbers are. What better way is there to win?
    What did she say about Colby? Would love to know but I really can't watch any more TV!
    If Sandra wins this, and becomes the first person to win twice, will she also have won without ever winning an individual immunity challenge? (Assuming she doesn't win any of the next ones) Or was there some firelighting one she won once on her other season?
    And I agree, I love watching the challenge masters like Amanda's ex, whose name I'm blanking on, but I also love to see the overtly crafty players in action.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3897961;
    What did she say about Colby? Would love to know but I really can't watch any more TV!
    If Sandra wins this, and becomes the first person to win twice, will she also have won without ever winning an individual immunity challenge? (Assuming she doesn't win any of the next ones) Or was there some firelighting one she won once on her other season?
    And I agree, I love watching the challenge masters like Amanda's ex, whose name I'm blanking on, but I also love to see the overtly crafty players in action.
    Ozzy, who was in Yul's season as well. He did dominate in a lot of challenges, and I think it ended up he won the car and Yul the million (he was second place and won fan favorite).

As far as Sandra's performance, I agree with her supposed "Under the Radar" persona. She has tried to mastermind several blindsides, and in a way by going ahead and reverting to what Russell wanted actually has been beneficial for her as well - it makes Russell second guess if she's really telling the truth or not. She's harder to read unlike Parvati. This can be a detriment for Russell or benefit - which in turn benefits her short and long term.

I'm really glad she is finally receiving the airtime she deserves! She was kept undercovers for a while in the beginning of this season, and I was sorely disappointed that we weren't seeing the Sandra we all knew from Pearl Islands. Now, not only is she showing her knowledge of the game once again, but also she is providing us with some great entertaining moments as she did in PI.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

It may not be her fault, but I would be a lot more impressed with Sandra if--you know--she actually made a successful move. Every episode she shows potential to make a big move, but it ends up useless (I know, it's not her fault entirely as she's working with idiots sometimes ).

One can credit her on ousting Coach, but outside interviews and insider videos have suggested that Sandra had little-to-no influence on the Coach boot at all. She's scrappy, she can make moves if she wasn't so restricted with the players she's in the game with, but honestly, every episode it's been "I need to get rid of Russell. I'm going to get rid of Russell. He don't know who he's messing with." And someone else gets booted every time.

FORT Newbie

Has anyone noticed (besides the fact that she is the only player this season yet to recieve a vote) That Sandra has gone 72 days playing survivor and never recieved a vote against her?

Thats the longest of any player in history! If she manages to win (cross your fingers!) that will be truly impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3898518;
    One can credit her on ousting Coach, but outside interviews and insider videos have suggested that Sandra had little-to-no influence on the Coach boot at all.
    In that case, it raises the likelihood she made it to at least F3, or maybe the winner, LOL. Can't have a winner without good air time, whether they deserved the edits or not, LOL.

Play twice, win twice, one vote cast against her in 78 days that officially counted, and never had an immunity necklace to protect her.

Best ever in my mind, easily. Scoreboard baby.

Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Other threads won't open for me, so will write this here.

Sandra!!!! How SWEET!!!! What a worthy winner ...not once, but twice...and yes, in 2 seasons, with only one vote that counted against her, and with no immunity necklace around her neck to protect her...and no alliance for over half of this season. Sandra has such a phenomonal understanding of people, and how to play them, as well as how to play this game. She had such a read on Russell and stroked his ego and played him like a fiddle!!!! When I think of that TC where Russell was all but negating Sandra's very existence..."She's just here!!!" OMG....too funny. Sandra so outplayed and outwitted Russell and even Parvati.

Parvati should have been smarter and aligned herself with someone besides Russell and distanced herself from him long before she did. Had it not been for Russell's gift of the HII the first time, which she didn't even know he was going to do...well it would have been bye bye for Parv that night, before the merge. Russell crush on Parv saved her a$$ right to the end, and he even blindsided her with Danielle's ejection. Parv did not have the read on the game, Russell or the jurors, although she isw a worthy second place finisher to Sandra. So glad Sandra won. LOVE HER!!!! thanks
    Karey

Russell continues to make nasty remarks about Sandra with every journalist he talks to. But Sandra is not intimidated: from her interview in US Weekly:

Us: Was it really Parvati leading Russell out there, or vice-versa?

SDT [Sandra]: She was the shot caller. He was the goat, and she had a rope around his neck and wherever she took him to feed, that's where he ate his grass.
    News - Survivor Winner Sandra: "Being Weak Helped Me" - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com

You go girl!
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

+ Reply to Thread