+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sandra Diaz-Twine: H vs V - Villain

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Sandra Diaz-Twine: H vs V - Villain

What does Sandra have written on her shirt now?
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Regular

"1/2 my heart is in Afgahnistan." Her husband is serving overseas. Plus its an awesome way to generate sympathy with jurors.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cheops;3891429;
    "1/2 my heart is in Afgahnistan." Her husband is serving overseas. Plus its an awesome way to generate sympathy with jurors.
    Thanks! I thought that might be it, but could never catch the last word.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3891368;
    Russell isn't chauvinistic, in fact the opposite. He respects women and is in fact threatened by strong women, which is why he wants them out of the game.
    Please... Russell doesn't respect anyone but himself.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3891850;
    Please... Russell doesn't respect anyone but himself.
    I agree. Showing respect toward women is totally different than using manipulation and fear to "keep them in line" so that you can control them. Russell's whole game plan is to CONTROL the game. That is why he weakened his OWN tribe by pouring out water, burning socks and hiding the machette.

The women that Russell has targeted for elimination had one thing in common. He could not control them. They dared to stand up to him. These women were not always the strongest players, but these women just weren't buying this crap. In fact Russell only wanted to take Natalie to the end with him because he DID NOT respect her.

Neither Sandra nor Parvati are playing the same game as Natalie did, so it will be interesting to see both these woman work their magic on Russell. He is already beginning to see that he is losing control with Parvati. And he is giving Sandra absolutely NO RESPECT.

FORT Fan

Sandra is smart. She takes in everything that is happening and being said. She votes to get herself further in the game.
    She knows when to speak and when to keep quiet. She also has some of the best one liners.

I've grown to really like Sandra, and won't be surprised if she wins this again to go down in history as the first survivor to ever win twice. She is actually an excellent player. Although she sucks at challenges, she is brilliant in every other aspect of her play. Subtle, but making key moves when she has to. Staying under the radar as much as possible (and more importantly getting away with it.)

I love her at the end last night when Russell says, are you with me or against me, she says very very casually, "I'm against you Russell."

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;3896618;

I love her at the end last night when Russell says, are you with me or against me, she says very very casually, "I'm against you Russell."
    Oh, I absolutely loved that scene too. That was during the preview for next week, I believe. The best part is, she didn't seem remotely intimidated or cowed, like he would like her to be, just matter-of-fact, "I'm against you" Russell. BTW I hate that phrase, "you're either with me or against me" - ugh.

Sandra became my favorite player of all time after watching her masterful performance on Pearl Islands, and that's only been re-enforced here some 5-6 years later. I mean I'll see people say "well she hasn't done anything this season" and it makes me wonder what game they're watching. Just because someone is more under the radar and quiet rather than flashy and belligerent that doesn't mean they aren't playing. Well, sometimes it does, heh, but not with her. She's come so close twice this season to pulling off the major move like she did in Pearl, but Candice screwed her over once and the Heroes not believing her about Russell did it the other time. She's so much smarter than she's given credit for. Watching some of the videos on CBS.com I'm so impressed with her. There was a video posted today I believe where she gives her personal read on Colby, and it's spot on. The woman knows the game, knows the players, and she knows her strategy down to the final detail. So under stated and under the radar while she does it all too. She's so much more than her lippy mouth. I mean essentially her strategy always puts her where the numbers are. What better way is there to win?

I am loving the way Sandra is playing the game, and she IS being SUBTLE in her moves. IMO she has played the best game so far, and Russell just continues to dismiss her as being any real competition for him.

Who else could tell Russell "I am against you" and not feel the wrath of Russell? Sandra isn't a physical threat in the challenges so Russell (in his mind) is just bringing her along until he feels he no longer needs her. She has been relegated low man on the totem pole by Russell and is expendable at his discretion.

I can't wait for Sandra to play her HII. She is smart to have not told anyone that she has it.

+ Reply to Thread