+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Randy Bailey: H vs V - Villain

Re: Randy Bailey: H vs V - Villain

That picture kind of scares me a bit!

Previous Survivor He Respects Least: “Take your pick of the idiots from Gabon, mostly Bob.”
    Argh! Then why did he vote for Bob to win at the end? That damn grudge over the cookie! If he had just voted for Susie, Gabon would have been a better season entirely. It was actually a pretty awesome season throughout. But the endgame has soured my opinion on it.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Ah yes, good old cranky, crusty, curmudgeonly, crazy Randy is back!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

All I have to say about Randy.....Major A-hole!

Quote Originally Posted by maul52;3796445;
    All I have to say about Randy.....Major A-hole!
    He's just misunderstood

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3788878;
    I don't know why, but I like Randy. I was totally on his side when he fell victim to Bob's fake idol and to Sugar's annoyingness.
    The thing about Randy was that he "owned" being a misanthrope in a way very few other Survivor villains have.

Even Evil Russell claimed he was a good guy outside the game. Randy never did, I believe. I seem to recall he was simply "I'm a jerk".

IN the game, of course, just like Evil Rusell, he actually socialized, but owned up in every confessional to being a major a-hole. Again, as Russell did--except Russell seemed to indicate it was all about the game. Randy didn't bother--he was more like "I hate these folks. I'd hate them if we were outside this game too. I'll pretend to like some of them, but its turning my stomach".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I had no use for Randy the first time around but the "nothing inspires me!" quote has me almost liking him.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3799132;
    I had no use for Randy the first time around but the "nothing inspires me!" quote has me almost liking him.
    Sadly, Randy and I are birds of a similar uninspired misanthropic feather, and I probably would like him if he hadn't favoured the truly awful Corrine. I find that pretty much unforgiveable.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3802769;
    Sadly, Randy and I are birds of a similar uninspired misanthropic feather, and I probably would like him if he hadn't favoured the truly awful Corrine. I find that pretty much unforgiveable.
    I think Randy just gets off on being a grumpy old man and when he found Corinne, it was the perfect match-up, because Corinne gets off on trying to be a bitch. Except to me, Corinne fails at it because it's obvious she was trying too hard to be a bitch and was self-aware about it the whole time. True bitches aren't even aware of how bitchy they are.

I think secretly Randy is enjoying his new Survivor life. Pictures from the 10 year reunion show him having a lot of fun with everyone, so I think he's just playing up his "character" moreso than being his true, grumpy, uninspired self.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3802890;
    I think Randy just gets off on being a grumpy old man and when he found Corinne, it was the perfect match-up, because Corinne gets off on trying to be a bitch. Except to me, Corinne fails at it because it's obvious she was trying too hard to be a bitch and was self-aware about it the whole time. True bitches aren't even aware of how bitchy they are.
    Well, that's the problem. A genuine misanthrope tends to have a clearer view of what people are really like (that's why we're misanthropes ), and his aligning with that dreadful woman just does not say much for the quality of his misanthropy.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Who is John Galt?

A total A**. Can't stand the jerk.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast