+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rupert Boneham: H vs V - Hero

Re: Rupert Boneham: H vs V - Hero

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3800226;
    Somehow this doesn't surprise me.
    lol.....
    Autism is a neurological disorder that impairs socialization and communication.Experts estimate that three to six children out of every 1,000 will have Autism spectrum disorder. Males are four times more likely to have ASD than females.* As of 2013, 1 in every 50 children is now affected by autism

He's got an obvious great heart and a zest for life. I loved him on PI but in ASS he turned me off with his stubborness and his temper meltdowns. I do agree with those who think the adoration of the fans has gone to his head and he now has a sense of entitlement.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CantinaBandFan;3804973;
    He's got an obvious great heart and a zest for life. I loved him on PI but in ASS he turned me off with his stubborness and his temper meltdowns. I do agree with those who think the adoration of the fans has gone to his head and he now has a sense of entitlement.
    The charity he's working on seems like a good one...not too grandiose, quite down to earth. I cut him some slack in ASS as it was a back to back season...I can see that you might well be just plain tired and crabby.
    Snickers, becca (his cousin if I remember correctly) said elsewhere that his two back to back seasons changed his metabolism, that he's rarely hungry any more and just can't eat the way he used to (which is a good thing healthwise of course).

Make him go away. Please.

Or put him where he belongs--on the Villains tribe. Because he's fake, annoying, and generally kind of worthless for anything other than expert fishing, latrine digging, or "being loved by (obviously the great mass of gullible) Americans".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

EW has been doing an analysis of each of the contestants for this season, and it got down to Rupert finally. It was interesting they mentioned that some contestants aren't happy with Rupert and his edit. Probst chalks it up to jealousy (yeah, right), and they didn't mention names but said some compare it to Sugar getting a better edit than how she really was on her season. I'm sure Rupert is for real and has a big heart, but that pity win for AS was just a pathetic attempt to get him his million after he lost twice. I can blame the show mostly for giving him the giant, can't do anything wrong, must love hero edit just like they give people like Coach and Russell their own season.

I'm not surprised he's back. People don't want the Russell show part 2, I don't want a Rupert show. Give them all equal time. But who am I kidding?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Frankly it's hard to believe with all the strong personalities on this season that ANY one person will dominate the edit. That's especially true on the villians tribe.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by becca;3799866;
    Me, too
    Looking forward to your insight again this season, Becca.
    I support the right to arm bears.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3821014;
    EW has been doing an analysis of each of the contestants for this season, and it got down to Rupert finally. It was interesting they mentioned that some contestants aren't happy with Rupert and his edit. Probst chalks it up to jealousy (yeah, right), and they didn't mention names but said some compare it to Sugar getting a better edit than how she really was on her season. I'm sure Rupert is for real and has a big heart, but that pity win for AS was just a pathetic attempt to get him his million after he lost twice. I can blame the show mostly for giving him the giant, can't do anything wrong, must love hero edit just like they give people like Coach and Russell their own season.

I'm not surprised he's back. People don't want the Russell show part 2, I don't want a Rupert show. Give them all equal time. But who am I kidding?
    How would they know what kind of edit he will be getting, the show hasn't even started yet.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3822954;
    How would they know what kind of edit he will be getting, the show hasn't even started yet.
    I'm going to assume they mean in the past. He's been given a status on Survivor very few have achieved, and since many of these contestants have probably gotten to know him behind the scenes may call BS on his edit and hero worship. Just like those who said the same about Sugar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3823024;
    I'm going to assume they mean in the past. He's been given a status on Survivor very few have achieved, and since many of these contestants have probably gotten to know him behind the scenes may call BS on his edit and hero worship. Just like those who said the same about Sugar
    I still have a hard time with it. Sure he got a great edit in Pearl Islands, but the first All-Stars he was show being hard headed and not everyone liking him.

I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast