+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vote for the $100,000 Popular Player Prize!

Re: Vote for the $100,000 Popular Player Prize!

I'll be crushed if Russell doesn't make F3. But if so at least he won't make it the last night. So my mourning won't start until after the series is over.

$100,000 for 39 days work isn't shabby. I assume that is on top of whatever he makes being at least final 5. So if he really made $1.7 million last year (just him, not his family's business), then this was a good investment of time.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

They are showing Brett to be so nice the last few weeks (and good at challenges) I"m wondering if they are urging us to vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3772641;
    They are showing Brett to be so nice the last few weeks (and good at challenges) I"m wondering if they are urging us to vote for him.
    In my opinion, the casual viewer won't know who Brett is; I doubt he could rack up the majority of the votes in so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3772624;
    I'll be crushed if Russell doesn't make F3. But if so at least he won't make it the last night. So my mourning won't start until after the series is over.

$100,000 for 39 days work isn't shabby. I assume that is on top of whatever he makes being at least final 5. So if he really made $1.7 million last year (just him, not his family's business), then this was a good investment of time.
    Wasn't there a time when only F3 made cash? 1st - $1,000,000, 2nd - $100,000, 3rd -$10,000, the rest...big fat $0. Did they change this somewhere along the line of seasons?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3772616;
    I kind of feel the same way, that perhaps Russell doesn't win and as a result, they are doing the Player of the Season reward.
    My thoughts too. Natalie for the win!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3772727;
    Wasn't there a time when only F3 made cash? 1st - $1,000,000, 2nd - $100,000, 3rd -$10,000, the rest...big fat $0. Did they change this somewhere along the line of seasons?

Cheers.
    I thought I heard at one time that the FIRST person voted off gets something.

I have never heard mention of anyone BUT the first AND final person winning $$, but I'm not fanatical about the show.

According to Wikipedia, everyone gets a stipend for participating.

Searching for "cbs survivor contestant payments" resulted in a hit at MSNBC called "What do second-place finishers win?", which includes a payoff chart for up to 16 players. (I can't find anything for payoffs in seasons with more than 16.)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3772752;
    According to Wikipedia, everyone gets a stipend for participating.

Searching for "cbs survivor contestant payments" resulted in a hit at MSNBC called "What do second-place finishers win?", which includes a payoff chart for up to 16 players. (I can't find anything for payoffs in seasons with more than 16.)
    Thanx. I just checked that out. If those numbers are accurate...WOW. I was way off . Kinda puts a bit of a different spin on the game.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And then on top of that in Rupert's first season they added the "favorite player" option as people were going to be upset, they feared, that the fan fave wouldn't get anything. To make it look not like just for Rupert they've kept the concept (and it was probably popular with the audience of course!).

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3772853;
    And then on top of that in Rupert's first season they added the "favorite player" option as people were going to be upset, they feared, that the fan fave wouldn't get anything. To make it look not like just for Rupert they've kept the concept (and it was probably popular with the audience of course!).
    Didn't Rupert win the million dollars fan vote on All-Stars? That wasn't his original season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast