+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 12/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: 12/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Gonna step up to the plate and say that if someone worked to get me voted off, I'd sure as $4i7 harbor some feelings of resentment and dislike.

I'd probably get over it, though. But I couldn't have said that 2nd part a few years ago. I only recently in my 41 years learned how caustic to MYSELF harboring grudges and resentment can be.

I've only seen 2 Shambo-related Ponderosa videos. If there were more, maybe we'd see the snots getting over themselves and moving on. Then again, maybe they never did...?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3771734;
    I hope not to offend anyone with this comment, but what was up with Natalie and Brett being 'prayer warriors'? I mean, come on, seriously. I think God has a lot more to take care of than a couple of idiots on an island playing a game for money.
    ITA.

I find it incredibly annoying and arrogant when people on these reality shows call for help from above.
    Calling G*d to help you win money is just sacrilegious, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I was extremely impressed with Shambo's exit speech.
    She definitely doesn't carry a grudge like the rest of her tribemates did.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

She still doesn't get that she was used. It isn't that Foa was so loyal to itself, they were individually trying to make it as far as they could. Voting her out was just a defensive move to try to evict Brett next.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alexxxx
    I hope not to offend anyone with this comment, but what was up with Natalie and Brett being 'prayer warriors'? I mean, come on, seriously. I think God has a lot more to take care of than a couple of idiots on an island playing a game for money.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3772593;
    ITA.

I find it incredibly annoying and arrogant when people on these reality shows call for help from above.
    Calling G*d to help you win money is just sacrilegious, IMO.

I have 4 responses to these questions and remarks that seem to always come when there are Bible believing Christians on reality shows.

1. You can never pray too much, most believers pray way too little.

2. There's a scripture that says; "If two or more of you are gathered together in my name. There I will be in the midst of you"

3. There is a Christian belief that nothing is too small or large for God to care about.

4. God is always with you even if you are in Samoa playing some stupid game.

Please believe me when I say I'm not trying to preach to anybody here. I'm just responding to these comments that always come up.
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 12-19-2009 at 11:53 PM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3772830;
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alexxxx

I have 4 responses to these questions and remarks that seem to always come when there are Bible believing Christians on reality shows.

1. You can never pray too much, most believers pray way too little.

2. There's a scripture that says; "If two or more of you are gathered together in my name. There I will be in the midst of you"

3. There is a Christian belief that nothing is too small or large for God to care about.

4. God is always with you even if you are in Samoa playing some stupid game.

Please believe me when I say I'm not trying to preach to anybody here. I'm just responding to these comments that always come up.

Well, that would be why I prefaced that comment with . . . I hope not to offend anyone . . .

You sound offended. I'm sorry for that.

It just struck me as extremely arrogant and selfish to ask for help winning a contest to win money when there are so many things really wrong in the world.

I stand by my opinion.

I respect your opinion.

Peace.

P.S. This was written by a Bible believing Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3772844;
    Well, that would be why I prefaced that comment with . . . I hope not to offend anyone . . .

You sound offended. I'm sorry for that.

It just struck me as extremely arrogant and selfish to ask for help winning a contest to win money when there are so many things really wrong in the world.

I stand by my opinion.

I respect your opinion.

Peace.

P.S. This was written by a Bible believing Christian.
    Not at all, you didn't call me an idiot, you called Natalie and Brett one. I was really just trying to answer the question the best way I know how to that comes up numerous of times.

In regards to the second bolded part, my answer to that falls under there is nothing too small or large for God to care about. That includes what may seem to be petty selfish things and major world problems.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Not to turn this into a discussion of biblical theory...

But there's also a saying, something like "God didn't give me what I prayed for, but he gave me exactly what I needed."

Somehow, I think when true believers pray to God for help in playing games for money, it's not the money they end up getting.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3771736;
    Finally! She's gone!

I don't think Brett is a bad player. He's a superb player. He was the only one of Galu who didn't want to send Erik home as well and now is in a losing position due to the decisions his tribe made. He's well liked and every single post-show interview from a Galu, they've always mentioned Brett as one of their closest allies. He's doing something right! His only downfall is the decisions made by Galu at the merge; I'm certain he would have been a lock for the finals had Galu kept their majority.

Russell should have taken Brett out over Kelly with the idol; Kelly I doubt has the same challenge prowess Brett has.

Shambo got the placement she deserved. She set herself up to be used by Foa Foa and disposed when they no longer needed her. I call that poor game play, and it speaks volumes to me how she's happy that Foa Foa took her out to stay together. Um...okay?
    Whenever I read your posts MisterSSS, it seems like you're always taking the words from my mouth!

I was happy with Shambo's elimination also. It was a long time coming.

I agree with you on taking out Brett before Kelly. It seems to be that Brett was more well-liked than Kelly was. People have said that he has been a horrible player--I have to disagree with that. I already said this before, but his game is very invisible, which you can blame the editing for, because it's obvious that everyone on Galu liked him. He's a real threat to win this game. But with his overall edit throughout the season, I really doubt that he will and that his immunity streak will come to an end soon.

It would be great to see him get voted out next, just to see the dominant tribe at the merge get decimated by the smaller one. It would be a reverse-Pagong'ing.

I'm super excited for the finale to see how this season will turn out. I really want Natalie to take it, and I'm actually thinking she has a good chance at it. She seems like the only one that has a solid spot for the F3. I have a bad feeling it might be Mick though, which I really don't want to see happen.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3772109;
    The way the last episode set it up was that if not Brett, then Mick. However, they also set it up to foreshadow Brett as doing some damage to the Foa Foas and his immuntity streak may not me over.

I have a feeling Brett, Mick and Natalie might try and knock Russell down another peg by booting Jaison if Brett wins immunity; Russell's ideal F3 appeared to have been Jaison, himself and SHambo. He just lost Shambo...
    Time for them to take out RH.

+ Reply to Thread