+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 12/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 12/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Shoesies;3772422;
    Seeing Eric meowing at them...cracked me up..I would have been right there with him. I hate that type of behavior in women...and it shows that they lack the intelligence to reason through their issues with Shambo and move on. UGH.

I call a Natalie win. I reserve the right to be wrong...but I don't believe I am.
    That was the first night Shambo got there when there were still really bitter feelings that hadn't been resolved yet. I would bet you a million Survivor dollars that things got a whole lot better after that but they decided not to show them (Shambo, Kelly & Laura) getting along on purpose.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

In the second video, Kelly, Laura and Shambo are even seen talking together. All the bitterness was only in the first video. It's natural to be bitter at folks regarding the game as well. I didn't think Laura and Kelly were that bad...good for Laura and Kelly for avoiding SHambo rather than starting a confrontation if the bitterness they felt toward Shambo was really that strong. I think it was stronger in Kelly than in Laura anyway.

Kelly's fork comment I'm pretty sure had to do with the fact that SHambo was changing her socks at the dinner table as well...

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3772429;
    That was the first night Shambo got there when there were still really bitter feelings that hadn't been resolved yet. I would bet you a million Survivor dollars that things got a whole lot better after that but they decided not to show them (Shambo, Kelly & Laura) getting along on purpose.
    The middle school mean girl behavior the first night is enough for me. there was no rational reasoning out of differences. I am just not used to adult, mature, intelligent women acting in such a manner....ever, not even the first night. I do not excuse that type of behavior in my children, so I do not excuse it in those around me.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3772452;
    In the second video, Kelly, Laura and Shambo are even seen talking together. All the bitterness was only in the first video. It's natural to be bitter at folks regarding the game as well. I didn't think Laura and Kelly were that bad...good for Laura and Kelly for avoiding SHambo rather than starting a confrontation if the bitterness they felt toward Shambo was really that strong. I think it was stronger in Kelly than in Laura anyway.

Kelly's fork comment I'm pretty sure had to do with the fact that SHambo was changing her socks at the dinner table as well...
    Then why not be mature, not play to the camera and simply say: Shambo please do not play with your feet at the table...trying to eat here. Or simply remove yourself from the table because you cannot eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoesies;3772458;
    Then why not be mature, not play to the camera and simply say: Shambo please do not play with your feet at the table...trying to eat here. Or simply remove yourself from the table because you cannot eat.
    If no one played to the cameras and everyone just acted like mature adults, I think I would have fallen asleep at my computer watching the Ponderosa videos .

It's not unnatural or unheard of for people in these types of shows to be annoyed with each other and let their emotions come out. I don't think it makes them immature and unintelligent people unless constant whiny hissyfits and temper tantrums are being thrown around at almost every second.

Basically I just don't get why some people on these shows get a free pass and others are ripped to shreds by some viewers. Shambo has said MUCH worse things than Kelly or Laura ever said or acted--but of course, that's just my opinion .

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3772461;
    If no one played to the cameras and everyone just acted like mature adults, I think I would have fallen asleep at my computer watching the Ponderosa videos .

It's not unnatural or unheard of for people in these types of shows to be annoyed with each other and let their emotions come out. I don't think it makes them immature and unintelligent people unless constant whiny hissyfits and temper tantrums are being thrown around at almost every second.

Basically I just don't get why some people on these shows get a free pass and others are ripped to shreds by some viewers. Shambo has said MUCH worse things than Kelly or Laura ever said or acted--but of course, that's just my opinion .
    I agree Shambo over acted to the camera too. I just do not like the mean girl passive aggressive thing. Say it to her face..let the cameras role and go with it...could be interesting....not everything has to be said behind ones back to be interesting. Stabbing someone with a fork...well could be construed as a threat of bodily harm. say it to my face...I'll laugh and we can go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoesies;3772462;
    I agree Shambo over acted to the camera too. I just do not like the mean girl passive aggressive thing. Say it to her face..let the cameras role and go with it...could be interesting....not everything has to be said behind ones back to be interesting. Stabbing someone with a fork...well could be construed as a threat of bodily harm. say it to my face...I'll laugh and we can go on.
    Well, I interpreted Kelly's fork comment at the same level of the phrases, "kill me now" or "he/she makes me want to blow my brains out." Common phrases that to me are harmless I suppose. I'm guilty that I chuckled at that comment

You know, I wonder how differently things would have been had the Galu women actually confronted SHambo about all of their issues...however, we all know how Shambo reacts to confrontation.. I wonder if there WAS any confrontation and it just wasn't shown? It's a two-way street though; Shambo as far as I know never confronted the women either about feeling excluded.

If what she says in her interviews are sincere, then it's certainly the first I've seen of her actually having her head screwed on straight. But I tend to overanalyze and I kind of think it was to do some damage control with the public after some of her embarassing behavior.

FORT Regular

Could be re: Shambles. I alternate feeling sorry for her and just knowing she would never be one I spent much time with. I could be pleasant in social situations with her. I guess I view things differently....and that's okay...i am known to be one quirky individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoesies;3772457;
    The middle school mean girl behavior the first night is enough for me. there was no rational reasoning out of differences. I am just not used to adult, mature, intelligent women acting in such a manner....ever, not even the first night. I do not excuse that type of behavior in my children, so I do not excuse it in those around me.
    But that's where we strongly disagree, I don't think that their behavior was that bad, it wasn't immature, unadult or unintelligent. It was I know you hate me, I'm uncomfortable and I'm not sure how to act around you right now behavior from Laura and I really can't stand you and at this moment and I'm not even going to try and pretend anything different behavior from Kelly.

All the reactions seemed pretty normal to me It definitely wasn't so-called mean girl behavior.

Like I said before, John to me is the only one out of the bunch who came across and highly unlikeable; with his sanctimonious & I'm better than all you of you attitude.

ETA: Sorry mods, I just realized that this isn't the Ponderosa thread.
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 12-19-2009 at 11:35 AM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3772470;
    But that's where we strongly disagree, I don't think that their behavior was that bad, it wasn't immature, unadult or unintelligent. It was I know you hate me, I'm uncomfortable and I'm not sure how to act around you right now behavior from Laura and I really can't stand you and at this moment and I'm not even going to try and pretend anything different behavior from Kelly.

All the reactions seemed pretty normal to me It definitely wasn't so-called mean girl behavior.

Like I said before, John to me is the only one out of the bunch who came across and highly unlikeable; with his sanctimonious & I'm better than all you of you attitude.

ETA: Sorry mods, I just realized that this isn't the Ponderosa thread.
    It was bad enough that a man in the group was meowing at them. I just do not like the behind the hand whisper about someone in the room...gang mentality...nor do I see it as mature or intelligent. JMO and we can agree to strongly disagree. I just do not know people who act that way in public and I think I can happily go through life the same way.

+ Reply to Thread