+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 12/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 12/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Stock Footage. Unless it's a critter getting cooked.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

FORT Fan

My favorite shot tonight was Shambo in the foreground saying "My head could be on the chopping block" and Russell in the background chopping away at something with the machete. You know the cameras guys were loving that.

FORT Fogey

I hope not to offend anyone with this comment, but what was up with Natalie and Brett being 'prayer warriors'? I mean, come on, seriously. I think God has a lot more to take care of than a couple of idiots on an island playing a game for money.

Finally! She's gone!

I don't think Brett is a bad player. He's a superb player. He was the only one of Galu who didn't want to send Erik home as well and now is in a losing position due to the decisions his tribe made. He's well liked and every single post-show interview from a Galu, they've always mentioned Brett as one of their closest allies. He's doing something right! His only downfall is the decisions made by Galu at the merge; I'm certain he would have been a lock for the finals had Galu kept their majority.

Russell should have taken Brett out over Kelly with the idol; Kelly I doubt has the same challenge prowess Brett has.

Shambo got the placement she deserved. She set herself up to be used by Foa Foa and disposed when they no longer needed her. I call that poor game play, and it speaks volumes to me how she's happy that Foa Foa took her out to stay together. Um...okay?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3771727;
    Stock Footage. Unless it's a critter getting cooked.
    I don't think it's stock. All season it has been super-beautiful. and techincally exquisite. I think the photographers have outdone themeselves this time around.

The underwater photography alone is worth the price of admission.

Kudos to the artists!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3771734;
    I hope not to offend anyone with this comment, but what was up with Natalie and Brett being 'prayer warriors'? I mean, come on, seriously. I think God has a lot more to take care of than a couple of idiots on an island playing a game for money.
    IMO their religion is something speciific that they have in common and it has helped them bond in ways that they haven't bonded with others.

This kind of connection can be very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3771736;
    Shambo got the placement she deserved. She set herself up to be used by Foa Foa and disposed when they no longer needed her. I call that poor game play, and it speaks volumes to me how she's happy that Foa Foa took her out to stay together. Um...okay?
    I thought that at first but then I considered that the Galu tribe would have likely voted her off much sooner. I think she made it further than she would have with Galu, and doesn't making it further in the game garner her more money?

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3771761;
    I thought that at first but then I considered that the Galu tribe would have likely voted her off much sooner. I think she made it further than she would have with Galu, and doesn't making it further in the game garner her more money?
    I have no idea how the payments go, but I have a feeling she would have made it further with Galu. The guys were paranoid about Laura and Monica and would have done something against them over SHambo I believe (remember the guys made an "alliance" (per say) with Shambo? And then who knows what would have happened. I just think Shambo had a much better chance at squeezing through with Galu. Plus, she could have jumped back to Galu when they needed her Guarantee her some hatred and thus a spot in the final 3

Does anyone know what website you have to go to in order to vote for who wins the sponsor money as the fan favorite or whatever at the end?

I'm not surprised Shambo was eliminated when Brett won the II. That said, based on her comments afterward, I think she knew it was coming some time unless she won immunity and respects the Foa Foa for staying together than the Galu for treating her as an outcast. Said as much based on her gracious exit speech - might have been a bit out there, but at least it was polite and she respected the game play. IMHO I think she knew that she'd been eliminated sooner had she not helped the Foa Foa's, so that would also explain it (well that and she did oust several people she personally didn't like).

Loved the reward challenge idea - a mental and strategic one without being too physically taxing. LOVED how Russell was able to get the one thread out without a coconut falling. If he doesn't win, I do think he'll win fan favorite because love him or hate him, he's played the game well and has made it entertaining.

+ Reply to Thread