+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 12/3 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 12/3 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3762502;
    There are not really a lot of "good reasons" to not like Shambo--unlike the numerous reasons for not liking RH.
    Heh! Russel has his flaws, certainly, but Shamble's bitterness, self-pity, lack of self-awareness and general stupidity make her just unbearable, and not remotely entertaining. Russel's machinations are infinitely more amusing than Shambles' moronics.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fanatic

Heck, yes!
    First of all, he really should have spent his pie money on the advantage prize. Secondly, it's a social game, and he chose a piece of pie over goodwill. Stupid on both counts.
    A piece of pie only lasts a few minutes, but immunity or goodwill, well, that can help you in the game.[/QUOTE]

In that case, you could give that arguement about all of them--they ALL should have jumped at the chance for immunity challange advantage, no matter if they had even a few dollars or the whole five hundred, as Jaison did. If you've read of the tons of post show interviews...THEY ARE LITERALLY STARVING OUT THERE. Food becomes surprisingly close in importance to immunity.

It may be a social game but at this late date in the game...people are voting out others for reasons far more important than, to paraphrase you, a piece of pie that lasts only a few minutes. The only act of such selflessness that usually garners important favor, is when someone gives up something involving family (eg. picture, letters, phone calls, even in the flesh visits ) so that all can have the reward.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3761964;
    Boiling a chicken for two hours? That is going to be one revolting soup. I don't blame the rest of them one bit for trying to wrest the cooking from that nutbag's unskilled hands.
    I don't know...these aren't chickens from Perdue, these are "layers" who aren't specially bred for eating, kept trapped in tiny cages. These birds have some muscle on them--vide Daisy's flight to freedom and speed when being chased by Eric. I once by accident bought a "stew chicken", and believe me, it took a LOT more cooking than the usual chicken to make it edible.
    I was surprised they didn't show us the outcome of the stew...was it good or not? And while Shambo didn't express it well, she was absolutely right...if you barbecue it it all those fat calories fall into the fire, a real waste in their situation.

Re why she likes the chickens so much...she said it, they are her best friends there...more a reflection on the other people than the chickens.... I've seen 4H kids in tears as the animals they've raised are sold for slaughter...you know that's the whole point, but that doesn't mean you won't miss them. Once you start naming them you are in trouble.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3762404;
    OK, as I posted earlier, I missed a lot of last night's epi when I was on the phone.
    I know why Russell wanted to get rid of John, but why did Mick say yes right away? Was it because John preferred not to share the pie? Anybody know why they all jumped on bandwagon to get rid of John and not Dave. I already know about Russell's stake in the matter.
    TIA
    I don't think they really explained that on the show. My assumption was that Mick, when asked who he would prefer to vote off (as opposed to having to go with Shambo's picks), chose the one he felt was the biggest threat, and that was John. It makes sense to me, as John is clearly pretty smart. Dave, though he might be a threat in an immunity challenge, has shown himself not to be very bright.

If you've read of the tons of post show interviews...THEY ARE LITERALLY STARVING OUT THERE. Food becomes surprisingly close in importance to immunity.
    But didn't Jeff say that this was the first season that there was plenty of food available? It seems like they have fruit around, at least. Either way, a slice of apple pie does not make up for 30 days with no good food. Few people have that much self-control, but I admired both Russell and Jaison during that challenge last night. Russ, because he refused to get involved/excited about the whole thing, and Jaison because he WAS excited but (finally) did something that was smart for him personally and for his alliance in getting the IC advantage. I don't think that the pie had anything to do with John getting voted off, though. That was all about his being too big a threat to Russell. Aside from the HII, Russell was going to have to break a promise (to vote off a FoaFoa) to John, and John would have made it clear to everyone that Russ had lied to him after TC, if he had still been around.

Like some others here, I'm wondering how that chicken turned out? It's weird that they didn't show even a quick clip of them eating it after the drama between Shambo and Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3762964;
    Like some others here, I'm wondering how that chicken turned out? It's weird that they didn't show even a quick clip of them eating it after the drama between Shambo and Dave.
    In the SFP interview, John said Shambo knows how to make a good chicken stew. He said Dave even admitted so.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3762975;
    In the SFP interview, John said Shambo knows how to make a good chicken stew. He said Dave even admitted so.
    It probably was good, and that's why they didn't show it. That would have validated Shambo to a degree, and that's not where her edit is leading right now. They're only airing her lunatic fringe moments. And she's providing lots of them!

She actually had a good rationale behind cooking it the way she did -- she said there would be 65% yield lost (assuming she's talking nutrients) if they cooked it Dave's way. She's probably right, but I'm sure roasted chicken would have tasted really good at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3762964;
    I don't think that the pie had anything to do with John getting voted off, though.
    I don't know that it changed anything but I can't imagine it didn't make the whole process much easier. How many times have we seen something that seems so little to us end up getting someone voted out.

If nothing else it gives them an opportunity to ease their conscience by saying they didn't stab him in the back because he showed with the pie thing he wasn't really a team player.

Russel getting him to vote for a Foa Foa was a great move I thought. Hopefully he can use that to show Shambo that John was turning on her team so had to be taken out. Can't imagine there's any way that Shambo will join up with Monica and Dave so don't see that she has any choice but to stay with Foa Foa which is why I thought voting out John was a great move.

The pie thing was irrelevant. Galu members hated John for flipping so they were more than happy to vote him off and because it's either Dave or him, so naturally, Dave would rather be in good graces with Russell since Foa Foa is in control. I'm not sure if Russell was thinking that making John vote for Mick would make Shambo think that John flipped against them or the edit would have shown RH saying that. I think Shambo will now realize that she is not in control. That she was just Foa's pawn. John was her other alliance that could have help her move further but now he's gone. She will be pissed but I don't think she'll ever flip back to Galu.

It was interesting that John just depended on RH on voting off Mick but he didn't take the initiative to talk to his Galu tribe (including Shamwow) to vote off Mick. If Dave went with him, it would have been a 4(John)-4(Mick)-1(Dave) vote where that lone vote against Dave coming from Shambo. A re-vote would have commenced (except for John and Mick) and Shambo would be the deciding vote. Would have been interesting for her to choose between John and Mick. However, I don't think Dave and co. will ever go with John after that betrayal last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3762982;
    She actually had a good rationale behind cooking it the way she did -- she said there would be 65% yield lost (assuming she's talking nutrients) if they cooked it Dave's way..
    Besides the fat dripping thing, a lot of goodness boils out of the bones when it's boiled for a long time. And I too have boiled chicken for a really long time--it doesn't hurt a thing if you are using the broth along with the meat, as for soup.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE
    In that case, you could give that arguement about all of them--they ALL should have jumped at the chance for immunity challange advantage, no matter if they had even a few dollars or the whole five hundred, as Jaison did. If you've read of the tons of post show interviews...THEY ARE LITERALLY STARVING OUT THERE. Food becomes surprisingly close in importance to immunity.

It may be a social game but at this late date in the game...people are voting out others for reasons far more important than, to paraphrase you, a piece of pie that lasts only a few minutes. The only act of such selflessness that usually garners important favor, is when someone gives up something involving family (eg. picture, letters, phone calls, even in the flesh visits ) so that all can have the reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe
    The pie thing was irrelevant.
    First of all, yes, they should have ALL been going for that clue. This is a game for a million bucks, it's not about having lunch. I would still argue that the pie thing was not irrelevant, mostly because that is how John chose to spend his money. He had 300 riding on the immunity clue, and Jaison out thought him on the bidding. He then had nothing but the pie. That was a major whoops as it turned out.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think that eating the pie was WHY he was voted out, only a moron would think that. But he had just turned on his tribe, so he was going to have to go with Foa Foa from there on out. He was the new kid with the Foas, why not buy a little good will? It WAS a stupid move... even if it didn't affect the vote either way. Still bad game play.

+ Reply to Thread