+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 12/3 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/3 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3764195;
    I think secretly that you are big Russell fan as you seem to be the only one who counts every single scene he is in in every episode.
    As a writer who has written screenplays and teleplays it is very easy for me to count scenes while doing two or three other things at the saasme time.

Like driving it becomes automatic at a certain point.

______________________________ _____

As a reminder--those of us who do not like what is happening re RH in this show do NOT "hate him"--we hate what the producers have done to this show.

I love what they have produced this season! It is the first truly enjoyable season in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3765080;
    As a writer who has written screenplays and teleplays it is very easy for me to count scenes while doing two or three other things at the saasme time.

As a reminder--those of us who do not like what is happening re RH in this show do NOT "hate him"--we hate what the producers have done to this show.
    Well counting the number of scenes he has and complaining to everyone on the board isn't going to change anything. If you really are a 'writer' than you should know that the 'star' of the show typically gets more screen time than the other people.

I agree that they've given RH way more airtime than anyone else this season.
    But, I do have to say I find him more watchable than I ever did Coach. That guy was just totally obnoxious.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3765122;
    Well counting the number of scenes he has and complaining to everyone on the board isn't going to change anything. If you really are a 'writer' than you should know that the 'star' of the show typically gets more screen time than the other people.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3765122;
    My posts are objecting to the producers making any one contestant--especially RH--the "star" of this show when there are many interesting contestants--whom we never get to see.

When did this show start to have--or need-- "a star" who is pushed at the viewer to the detriment of being able to see/judge/enjoy other contestants?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3765327;
    there are many interesting contestants--whom we never get to see.
    Since we have seen everyone many times, that statement isn't correct. Please name the "many interesting contestants" we have never seen. The only possibility is Brett (whom we have seen many times, not "never"), who is intentionally playing as far under the radar as he can. We can assume that based on what we see him not doing week after week. We also know that for fact, because it is confirmed by many exit interviews, by Jeff, and perhaps by Ponderosa. So anything conceivably interesting he might be doing has nothing to do with the game.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3765083;
    I love what they have produced this season! It is the first truly enjoyable season in a long time.
    It got me interested in the show again...I don't think I care much if it's Russell of the producers.

Regardless, if Russell is on the All-Stars, that will make me want to tune in all the more (plus Colby who I've had a crush on since his season).

My posts are objecting to the producers making any one contestant--especially RH--the "star" of this show when there are many interesting contestants--whom we never get to see.

When did this show start to have--or need-- "a star" who is pushed at the viewer to the detriment of being able to see/judge/enjoy other contestants?
    Since you don't like Russel and feel that he is given too much airtime, and nearly everyone else finds him to be the most entertaining component of this particular group, I think that the producers are actually doing their job correctly. It would benefit very few people, producers, network and advertisers included, to have a show of earnest, well-meaning dullards working on their tans every week.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Regular

He is only a "star" as you say..because the rest of the cast are dullards so to speak when it comes to camera time. Take Russell out and the "star" would likely be Shambles. It's like this almost every season...the interesting get more air-time. It is what it is.

+ Reply to Thread