+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 12/3 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 12/3 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3762964;
    didn't Jeff say that this was the first season that there was plenty of food available? It seems like they have fruit around, at least.
    Think back to other seasons where either they were given a load of rice to start with or the reward challenge was a load of rice and beans. Also, previous reward challenges where they spent a day with the natives to learn how to scrounge. Compared to that they apparently had quite a bit of food this time. They were also hoarding their finds in the woods and not sharing with their tribe mates.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3762975;
    In the SFP interview, John said Shambo knows how to make a good chicken stew. He said Dave even admitted so.
    Ah ha! And I agree, queenb, the broth will be really good, and if you cook it long enough you make a lot more of it edible... even the feet! I assume she washed off the grit before she started cooking. After all, at any dim sum place you can get chicken feet as a delicacy. Spent a couple of hours last week boiling a turkey carcass, made really good soup (with all the leftovers tossed in of course, even the salad!).

FORT Fogey

Unsurprisingly in the new ad for the next show RH has a scene all to himself every fourth scene.

This is getting so old. It would be great to see some other contestants getting basically their own ads and PR.

You mean like Mick, who is the only one who gets to talk in said ad?

FORT Fogey

Only RH gets his own individual scenes in the ad--and he gets two of them versus none for any other of the eight contestants.

Par for the course of TPTB shoving RH in our faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3764078;
    Only RH gets his own individual scenes in the ad--and he gets two of them versus none for any other of the eight contestants.

The reason we see alot of Russell is that he is doing something. He has turned this game with being able to find the Hidden Immunity Idol without clues and all the strategizing he has done and of course creating chaos. That is at least interesting. Do you really want to watch the others doing nothing?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3764107;
    Do you really want to watch the others doing nothing?
    Yes she does! But that wouldn't make for an interesting preview, and fortunately CBS knows that the sponsors wouldn't tolerate it.

I'm guessing RH doesn't make it to the finals. In which case I'm looking forward to the Ponderosa clips where he no longer has to be tactful and can rip Laura a couple new ones.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks
    I'm guessing RH doesn't make it to the finals. In which case I'm looking forward to the Ponderosa clips where he no longer has to be tactful and can rip Laura a couple new ones.
    A couple. Despite loving that thought immensely, I really hope Russell makes it to the finals. It'd be kind of tragic if he left soon, he really has played the game so hard and well.
    I love Survivor, no matter how horrible the season, but thanks to pretty much Russell alone, (and in a smaller way, the ineptitude of the likes of Shambo and Dave), this is one season where I truly look forward to the next episode.
    I'll take the Russell show over last season's Coach show anytime. Coach had some entertainment value, in that one wondered what the heck he was going to make up next, but I pretty much dreaded seeing him.

Russell, on the other hand, is joy.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I can't stand Russel.

But I have started to take some entertainment pleasure from seeing how the game goes with his manipulations.

I would like to see future seasons feature more real game-players like him to keep things from being tediously centered on one or two characters, however. Yes, I've changed from not being able to stand seeing him to anticipating what he's going to do next.

But it'd be MORE interesting to have multiple characters doing the same. Let's have a smart, wily hero to balance out the smart, wily villain. And then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3764078;

Whether you like Russell or not, he's the star of this season, so you might as well resign yourself to the fact that he's going to be on screen a lot. The star always gets top billing, and most of the scenes.

I started the season hating the man, but he's grown on me over the weeks until now, I find myself actually cheering for him.

I do agree with Spockwhat that I'd much rather have Russell "forced" on me than someone like Coach.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread