+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 11/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Russell is the only playing the game smart. He's not sitting around or laying in the tent like the other players. The other players could have been looking around for the idol while the rest of them were at the challenge award but they waited until Russell came back and then followed him around. I don't like Russell and I don't want him to win but he is a player even though he can't spell.
    I am now loving this season, the blindsides are great and I love the facial expressions on Eriks face on the jury.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Dave probably isn't the only high IQ guy there...no doubt John the rocket scientist and Jaison the Stanford undergrad, Chicago Law student are right up there. However either lack of knowledge of how Survivor is played or lack of energy or lack of people skills (which, surprisingly given his interviews, Russell seems to have, according to the interviews), seems fo mean that none of them are playing in Russell's league. John got stirred up when directly threatened and started applying his brain, but most of the time only Russell seems to be being active.
    As everyone's said, I can't stand RH, but he's a definite player and so far he's the most deserving win by the outlast, outwit, outplay standard. Ugh.
    I was somewhat surprised that Laura didn't target Shambo for the risky role assigned to John. Or maybe she did and the guys wouldn't go along, but we didn't see it. It's not like it was ever a secret that Shambo wanted Laura out--I'd guess everyone on Galu and Foa Foa knew it. So S wasn't giving a lot away with her chortle during the immunity contest--and I attribute that outburst as much to tension release as anything else--after all, Laura had already won immunity twice.

I know how everyone is being portrayed by the editing, but then again, it IS editing. For all we know some of the others ARE using their brains and it just isn't being shown. At all. Hmmm.....
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3754688;
    I know how everyone is being portrayed by the editing, but then again, it IS editing. For all we know some of the others ARE using their brains and it just isn't being shown. At all. Hmmm.....
    That kind of editing reality changing is only possible to a certain extent. You can take stuff out, but you can't generally put stuff in. So Dave Ball, for example, being a clueless dumbass (even if very book smart) is hard to counter, because we've HEARD his stupid ideas and seen his blank looks.

Laura's savvy was hidden for a while, since we didn't see much of her tribe, that's true. John's intelligence was underplayed by the editing. But if they made any "big moves" we didn't see, then what did they affect? Team dynamics? They sure didn't effect anything bigger--there haven't been that many "holes" in the explanations we've gotten over who went at which times.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neighborhoodie;3754450;
    Ha, I was wondering who did that

Funny the guy outwitting everyone can't spell Laura. I think he got it right the second time around though? Can't remember, but at least he knew there was a "u" in there
    I think he did it on purpose just to annoy her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy;3754856;
    I think he did it on purpose just to annoy her.
    Good point, kinda sounds like something Russel would do

FORT Fanatic

This is the best season of SURVIVOR ever.

DAVE your nose twitch before the final vote for laura eviction told me you smell blood letting on the way just when it was about to hit, your WOW was awesome including your eye movement and slow head turn = PRICELESS.

SHAMBO you are working it girl, when you are around nasty people who think you are nothing show them you can beat them at their own game, your giggle and facial expression was a joy to watch. Keep it coming pick off your former team mates one at a time let the girl power that you have as 1 rein.

ERIC your commentary on the side is PRICELESS and have me peeing myself, I cant stop watching this episode. Keep it coming it is just getting better each episode.

RUSSELL you fish keep swimming I am enjoying your game play, it is OUTWIT, OUTSMART and OUTPLAY them all, hope you win it all.

This was the best episode yet.
    Last edited by brittyiswitty; 11-22-2009 at 12:49 AM.

Kiz

"I cant stop watching this episode" ^^

I don't remember ever re-watching a reality show within days after it aired, but I had to re-watch the tribal council week before last, Russell on the hunt for the HII with Dave on his tail this past week, and of course, the last tribal council. What a hoot! As much as it's the game play I've enjoyed, it's the facial expressions from the players that have me rolling. The only thing that's missing is a little light bulb lighting up over their heads.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Looks like Thanksgiving evening is scenes they haven't shown us before. Which means RH lasts another week!!

Until the last couple of episodes I thought this might be the worst season ever but now I'm changing my tune!

+ Reply to Thread