+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 11/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

gotta just say that this is easily my favorite edition of survivor ever. I have just casually watched the last few but am now totally hooked on this. Russell is so great, and so is John. priceless ending

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3754099;
    I thought several years ago that one of the players did try suing CBS or the producers, for manipulating the game so he couldn't win. Or something like that. Does anyone remember the details? It was certainly incentive to CVS/producers to avoid anything like that in the future.
    That doesn't make it more likely they're pulling something with Russell. It makes it less likely.

If they were innocent the first time, then that bolsters the notion that they don't work that way.

If they were guilty the first time, and got called out for it, then they'd have to have the intelligence of lower primates to repeat the situation.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3754250;
    That doesn't make it more likely they're pulling something with Russell. It makes it less likely.

If they were innocent the first time, then that bolsters the notion that they don't work that way.

If they were guilty the first time, and got called out for it, then they'd have to have the intelligence of lower primates to repeat the situation.
    I entirely agree!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3754229;
    We will just agree to disagree on this one, I am merely suggesting that there is nothing that the producers and or production crew wouldn't do for ratings, and they have the card blanche to do so. In signing on the dotted line these contestants normally give up every right they have and hand themselves over on silver platters to the crew & co. Therefore, the production staff can have willy nilly with these contestants as they will have very little in the way of legal action. The Production companys have terrific lawyers who ensure "iron-clad" contracts, so even if someone cries "foul" they will have no legal recourse....

All I am suggesting is that the season was going on fairly boring..so Russell was "enlisted" and "entrusted" to help lay so "evil" ground work...I am sure that the ratings are doing well as most people love to hate Russell, and are tuning in just to see if he will be the next person blindsided at tribal council. Others tune in to see what devilish plan he concocts next...either way it is a win win for the franchise!
    I agree! Are we still thinking that production does not sway what is going on in reality shows? Come on! We are not that naive.

How hard is it to spell Laura?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

One thing to keep in mind is that the HII was not directly under the rock as the picture showed. Russell had to do some digging to find it. From the different clothing views on Russell, he did not have the "Eureka" moment in the 5 or so seconds the show leads us to think. Rusell, at least, has the good sense to look for the idols. The others seem to look for Russell looking for the idols, rather than try and find the idol, themselves.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3754255;
    I agree! Are we still thinking that production does not sway what is going on in reality shows? Come on! We are not that naive.
    Because Survivor is NOT classified as entertainment or reality but as a game show--they DO have to follow the rules that others can bend or break. Its quite simple.

Laura tidbits:

Natalie did NOTHING to get Erik out like we were shown and Jeff keeps talking up, Brett was a spy among the guys and had already filled the girls in that the guys were after Monica.

Dave chased Russell around for an hour before Russell came back to camp with a smile.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3753804;
    Terrific episode!!!

I just love John! He was hysterical when he dissed his fellow Galu tribemates by saying "you're an idiot!" about their decision making and planning. Loved that he was the one to flip rather than play the purple rock.

And Jeff did explain the purple rock with stating that the 2who were tied (Laura and Natalie) would be SAFE and someone else would be eliminated!!
    Here is something I don't understand. If they had gone to the rock draw, would Mick have also been safe since he had immunity or does immunity go away in that case? They kept talking about a 1/8 chance so I wasn't sure.

And as an aside, I liked the episode and found myself cheering when RH found the HII. I could not stand him early on, but he is a real gamer, and I can respect that. I don't much care for him, but he probably deserves to win more than anyone out there.

Shambo acted like an idiot when Laura did not hit a tile. I thought she wanted to say on the down low about her allegiance to Foa Foa. Well that's a great way to do that.........NOT! I think I just love the underdog so I'm pulling for RH and his crew to pull it out. Not sure if I really want him to win, but if he does, I'll just tip my hat and say nicely done. He did at least play.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3754266;

How hard is it to spell Laura?
    Ha, I was wondering who did that

Funny the guy outwitting everyone can't spell Laura. I think he got it right the second time around though? Can't remember, but at least he knew there was a "u" in there

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3754255;
    Of course they sway what goes on in the show. What they don't do, or they get sued and/or publicly disgraced, is go beyond mere swaying (via setting up challenges which favor certain people, rewriting challenge rules when it suits them, etc. etc.) and outright give the answers directly to certain people. There's no "Psst, Russell, its just West of Camp!" going on. They may keep putting the Idol out specifically because they know he's good at finding it, and that's certainly them swaying things, but its not the same thing as what was being suggested. That he's specifically "had help" finding them. Nonsense.

Even if he can't spell Laura...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread