+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 11/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

To the Point

Re: 11/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3754000;
    I disagree with this statement...I think that the producers (Or at least production CREW) could very easily tipo Russell off...they were able to see what type of a "dynamic" player he would be..and I am sure they used that to their filming advantage...

The fact that they got an 8 sec. clue that basically showed a moss covered rock...then Russell was able to IMMEDIATELY locate THAT particular rock in the island jungle...gimmmeee a break, don't insult my intelligence.
    I think they have a gold mine with Russell, people either love to hate him..or love how he is playing the game..either way it equals great ratings, and that's what it's all about!
    And can you say lawsuit? They get caught doing that and they would pay majorly in any number of ways! Of course, many of us have been harping on this for several weeks, but it seems that there are those who just can't believe that someone determined to be the best at this game, with nothing but time on their hands, to keep themselves from being bored out of their minds, who actually spends a great deal of time looking for said idol, could actually find it on his own. If it wasn't for the fact that we live in a very litigious society I might be more likely to entertain this idea.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

I am truly amazed at the fact that I don't dislike Russell anymore. However, I think a big part of that is because he is part of the underdog team, Foa Foa, and that Galu was being so cocky because they had the numbers. (So, I guess "cockiness" must be the main factor on which I base my likes and dislikes.)

Don't care for Shambo's response either. Thought it was really poor that she broke out in laughter when Laura didn't hit a tile at the IC. Don't like Laura, but thought that Shambo should have showed a little more class. Don't have strong feelings either way for Shambo, but I fear that she is getting a false sense of superiority and it will come back to bite her.

What I don't get is why are both tribes going after the girls. I would think that they would want to try to get some of the stronger guys out. Like last week...Foa Foa pretty much knew they had them...why not go after one of the guys (John, Dave, Brett) instead of Kelly. I didn't really see her as a threat. And this week, why did Galu go after Natalie. I know they thought it was going to come down to a tie, but why Natalie. I'm sure they thought that there was a possibility that Russell had the idol again and Mick had immunity, but why not Jaison.

Natalie did do awesome in the reward challenge though. In my opinion, they won because of her practically hanging her whole body off that thing. Rocket Scientist John should have been able to figure out that his reach would have been greatly improved if he didn't lay on that thing like his belly button was clipped to the middle of the board.

Also, they say that Russell (or maybe Russell said it himself) that he is already a millionaire. If that is true, why hasn't he gotten a replacement for that missing tooth of his. My husband says that it's a gold tooth, and he left it at home so he wouldn't lose it.

I thought several years ago that one of the players did try suing CBS or the producers, for manipulating the game so he couldn't win. Or something like that. Does anyone remember the details? It was certainly incentive to CVS/producers to avoid anything like that in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3754099;
    I thought several years ago that one of the players did try suing CBS or the producers, for manipulating the game so he couldn't win. Or something like that. Does anyone remember the details? It was certainly incentive to CVS/producers to avoid anything like that in the future.
    you're right, i only have time for a quick google but the person bringing the lawsuit was stacey stillman of the very first season. CBS counter-sued for defamation it looks like. maybe someone else can dig further
    _(Moo!)

FORT Regular

I dont really agree with people saying that Russell hates women. I think that he knows that if there are too many women in the game they usually end up sticking together and making a girls club. Guys for some reason never catch on to this and I think he's done a good job of separating the girls. Foa has 1 girl left, she has no choice but to align with 3 other guys. The other group had 3 girls that were close together and the guys that were somewhat together based on default.

He took apart the girls and one of the guys turned on the girl club (surprise surprise). Smart move by Russell. He pretty much talks trash about everyone on the show. The guys and girls included.

This is the first time someone I like has gotten far. James, you always disappoint me.

Another great TC!

I think the casting people need to go back to just putting on people who WANT to be on this show and have been watching it. The majority of those "recruited" seem to think they are put on the island for a vacation or their shot at "reality stardom."
    I have no clue as to who goes to Dave for "fitness training." His physical fitness appears to be lacking on my TV screen.
    Ding, Dong, the wicked witch is dead! Sorry, but I'm totally thrilled to see Laura gone. She was definitely the leader of the mean girls and over the top arrogant. And, am I the only one who laughed out loud when her Husband, in the Survivor Family moment, went on about how her beauty knocked them all for a loop!! The woman was attractive, but a beauty who people were in awe of?!! Give me a break.
    I agree that Shambo does need to control herself better. She has been pretty childish and immature. She needs to give that up. I do have to say, though, that I like her a lot more than Laura. I also think if Shambo gave up the mullet, et al, she'd probably be a knockout, as her face is very pretty.
    Russell has the sense to not just pull up a rock, but to actually search the entire area around it. I also agree that his search was a lot longer than viewers are led to believe.
    I figured, from episode start when they hatched thier plan about John, he was 1 "rocket scientist" who had a lot more sense than his tribesmen.
    I give Natalie strong kudos for doing so well in that reward challenge. She definitely wants to win this and it's noice to see players who actually back up those hopes with their actions!

By the way, Stacey's suit went away and was never heard in court. Most thought she was just seeking her 15 minutes. See below:

'Survivor' Lawsuit Will Be Heard in L.A.
    CBS invokes contract, ex-contestant gives in
    Peter Hartlaub, Chronicle Staff Writer

Friday, March 30, 2001

(03-30) 04:00 PST San Francisco -- Stacey Stillman's lawsuit against the creators of "Survivor" has been voted out of San Francisco.

The former contestant on the hit reality TV series sued "Survivor" creator Mark Burnett last month in San Francisco Superior Court, arguing that the show was rigged.

But the suit is now headed to the celebrity-stocked courthouses of Los Angeles, after CBS lawyers produced a contract Stillman signed, wherein she apparently agreed that all disputes related to "Survivor" would be handled in Los Angeles.

Stillman, a San Francisco attorney, filed the lawsuit Feb. 5, saying that her early ejection from the first "Survivor" series was fixed by executive producer Burnett.

CBS responded to Stillman's lawsuit with a countersuit in Los Angeles.

Lawyers for the network also filed court papers in San Francisco, asking for an order to move Stillman's lawsuit south, although the judge in that case never had to make the call.

Court records show that Stillman, who had been representing herself, hired attorney Donald A. Yates, then agreed to move the case to Los Angeles without a legal fight.

Reached at his office in San Diego, Yates said his client knew about the contracts she signed before appearing on "Survivor" but wasn't sure if they would hold up in court.

"I think that she felt that the contracts were not binding," Yates said.

Yates said the change of venue would not hurt Stillman's case.

"It seems to me like L.A. is more convenient for everybody," Yates said.

Stillman says Burnett persuaded two other contestants to vote her off the South China Sea island where the competition took place, protecting 72-year- old Rudy Boesch, who was popular with older viewers.

CBS has denied the allegations, and contends in its lawsuit that Stillman made false accusations that have damaged the show. The studio also asserts that Stillman breached a confidentiality agreement.

Corporate trainer Richard Hatch won the contest's first $1 million prize, and CBS is broadcasting the second "Survivor" series, set in the Australian Outback.

In court papers filed in San Francisco, CBS lawyers said Stillman had "explicit and repeated warnings" that she was barred from filing the lawsuit anywhere but Los Angeles.

"Although the $1,000,000 grand prize on 'Survivor' eluded her, Stillman devised a plan to seek an even bigger bonanza by promoting herself, while simultaneously attacking the show and its producers, in a coast-to-coast publicity campaign," the motion to transfer the case states.

"One essential element of Stillman's publicity campaign was her filing of this lawsuit, in a totally improper forum, against the producer and broadcaster of 'Survivor.' "

CBS lawyers also asked for an order punishing Stillman by requiring her to pay $10,000 for the firm's extra costs in getting the case moved from San Francisco.

But the case never came before a judge, and no sanctions were levied against Stillman.

Read more: 'Survivor' Lawsuit Will Be Heard in L.A. / CBS invokes contract, ex-contestant gives in
    Last edited by norealityhere; 11-20-2009 at 02:56 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3754093;
    And can you say lawsuit? They get caught doing that and they would pay majorly in any number of ways! Of course, many of us have been harping on this for several weeks, but it seems that there are those who just can't believe that someone determined to be the best at this game, with nothing but time on their hands, to keep themselves from being bored out of their minds, who actually spends a great deal of time looking for said idol, could actually find it on his own. If it wasn't for the fact that we live in a very litigious society I might be more likely to entertain this idea.
    Yes,, these contestants all sign contracts (that are without a doubt legally binding)..however, in MOST of these reality show contracts there is also a clause that allows the producers to manipulate or represent the "players" in anyway they choose. Least we foreget these are the very core a TV show for ratings..if it so happens that the cast is rather boring, I would bet that there are producer driven moments to stir the pot...if anyone believes that these show are shot in raw honest footage..and that we see only that raw honest footage..you are sdaly mistaken. You can take a look at most any of the reality shows on tv and you will find some type of "manipulation" that is going on, sometimes even the final players are willing "in" on what is happening, so that too can reap whatever benefits they are looking for...for most it is extending their 15 minutes of fame....

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3754222;
    Yes,, these contestants all sign contracts (that are without a doubt legally binding)..however, in MOST of these reality show contracts there is also a clause that allows the producers to manipulate or represent the "players" in anyway they choose. Least we foreget these are the very core a TV show for ratings..if it so happens that the cast is rather boring, I would bet that there are producer driven moments to stir the pot...if anyone believes that these show are shot in raw honest footage..and that we see only that raw honest footage..you are sdaly mistaken. You can take a look at most any of the reality shows on tv and you will find some type of "manipulation" that is going on, sometimes even the final players are willing "in" on what is happening, so that too can reap whatever benefits they are looking for...for most it is extending their 15 minutes of fame....
    Manipulation/driving the plot and outright giving a player an obvious advantage are two different things in my book. I don't doubt that they stir the pot by asking certain questions and such, but people are suggesting that the producers are "obviously" giving Russell tips that others aren't getting on where to find the idols. That I don't believe. I know they are manipulating things. We see this just in TC and it's obvious in confessionals, so I can only imagine how much more they stir the pot outside of that. My post had nothing to do with how much they "stir the pot", it was in reference to basically saying the producers are helping Russell cheat at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3754224;
    Manipulation/driving the plot and outright giving a player an obvious advantage are two different things in my book. I don't doubt that they stir the pot by asking certain questions and such, but people are suggesting that the producers are "obviously" giving Russell tips that others aren't getting on where to find the idols. That I don't believe. I know they are manipulating things. We see this just in TC and it's obvious in confessionals, so I can only imagine how much more they stir the pot outside of that. My post had nothing to do with how much they "stir the pot", it was in reference to basically saying the producers are helping Russell cheat at the game.
    We will just agree to disagree on this one, I am merely suggesting that there is nothing that the producers and or production crew wouldn't do for ratings, and they have the card blanche to do so. In signing on the dotted line these contestants normally give up every right they have and hand themselves over on silver platters to the crew & co. Therefore, the production staff can have willy nilly with these contestants as they will have very little in the way of legal action. The Production companys have terrific lawyers who ensure "iron-clad" contracts, so even if someone cries "foul" they will have no legal recourse....

All I am suggesting is that the season was going on fairly boring..so Russell was "enlisted" and "entrusted" to help lay so "evil" ground work...I am sure that the ratings are doing well as most people love to hate Russell, and are tuning in just to see if he will be the next person blindsided at tribal council. Others tune in to see what devilish plan he concocts next...either way it is a win win for the franchise!

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3754229;
    All I am suggesting is that the season was going on fairly boring..so Russell was "enlisted" and "entrusted" to help lay so "evil" ground work
    But all his villainous activities to date were the very first episode, and it was very early in the game that he found the first idol on his own.

I didn't think the season was boring at all. I could see that the Russell factor would be huge if he made it to the merge and I was looking forward to it. I enjoyed watching the Galu v. Russell tension build pre-merge. Did the producers also tell everyone who to vote for in those early episodes to make sure Russell stayed around?

+ Reply to Thread