+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 11/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3754000;
    I disagree with this statement...I think that the producers (Or at least production CREW) could very easily tipo Russell off...they were able to see what type of a "dynamic" player he would be..and I am sure they used that to their filming advantage...

The fact that they got an 8 sec. clue that basically showed a moss covered rock...then Russell was able to IMMEDIATELY locate THAT particular rock in the island jungle...gimmmeee a break, don't insult my intelligence.
    Well we see Russell looking for the idol in the morning while its still dark, then we see him looking without a shirt, then we see him looking with a shirt on--he didn't find in it in 5 minutes--he was at it for a while.

And as Mariner said--survivor is a game show, you get caught rigging there will be fines and jail time.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Kiz

There was a congressional investigation into the $64,000 Question scandal. While Russell has proved to be fodder for entertainment for many people, I don't believe for a minute that Survivor would go to the lengths of tipping him off on the HII to help him stay in the game longer. I have to give Russell credit for being crafty and tenacious. I don't care for him personally, but I like much of his gameplay.
    Last edited by Kiz; 11-20-2009 at 10:44 AM.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Russell is one wiley, sneaky, fabulous bugger. I want to not like him, but he's the only one other than John and Natalie that seems to be trying to win this thing.

Last night's show was brilliant, and I loved seeing the faces of Galu once again when they got blindsided. Did they actually think that John would be okay with them choosing him to be the faux target? Seriously? Those people are morons.

Shambo is indeed childish, while Laura was a major b*tch and leader of the "mean girls club". I'd just as soon as see them both go out.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by i_used2bophelia;3753742;
    Now...a quick question. Dave came into the game with the highest IQ of any contestant ever to play the game. Why is he so dim? I guess IQ doesn't translate to 'on your feet smarts'...
    I think people with high IQ's are basically "people dumb". Lacking in the social skills as well as trusting their own opinions too much.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller;3754066;
    I think people with high IQ's are basically "people dumb". Lacking in the social skills as well as trusting their own opinions too much.
    Uh, that's a bit of a blanket statement, so thanks.

I think that Dave is one of those guys who tend to trust their own opinions more than others because they know they are smart. Underestimating the intelligence of those around you is fatal in this game.
    But, he's an individual, and there are those who score high on IQ tests who are more than socially able people.

I think the game just got really interesting. And if I were Russell, I'd be more nervous now than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller;3754066;
    Actually, taking Dave out of the equation, the problem those with high IQs tend have is that they are frequently better able to read people. And believe me, the clearer an understanding one has of people's motivations, the less likely one is to want to spent a lot of time with said people.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3754073;
    Uh, that's a bit of a blanket statement, so thanks.

I think that Dave is one of those guys who tend to trust their own opinions more than others because they know they are smart. Underestimating the intelligence of those around you is fatal in this game.
    But, he's an individual, and there are those who score high on IQ tests who are more than socially able people.

I think the game just got really interesting. And if I were Russell, I'd be more nervous now than ever.
    Sorry to have offended you. I was only going by personal experience, since I scored 138 on IQ testing and have pretty much lagged behind in people/social skills for most of my life. I can hold my own in social situations, but not comfortably. BTW, I am 60 yrs. old.

FORT Fogey

I still can't believe that Galu are surprised at Shambo's actions, are they forgetting how they treated her early in the game? They sent her to Foa Foa multiple times, and they expect her to not have made friends/connections that could be helpful later? On the other hand, she does not see how Russell is really playing her...like he plays everyone.

He looked for that idol for a long time, but after spending days before searching, he may be more familiar with the island and where these things might be than anyone else (who were sleeping, sunning, or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3753943;
    RUssell wasn't being very obnoxious about it though. Shambo was. And she was doing it purposefully to make a statement, but it wasn't a good one.

Shambo is just a spiteful whiny turd that didn't want to fit in with her tribe and then blamed the tribe and mainly Laura who called her out on it for obliging her wishes.

This episode was terrible; having to witness Shambo who hasn't done anything but complain and follow Russell being able to gloat and seeing one of my two favorites players, which happens to be Natalie and Laura go home.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3754000;
    I disagree with this statement...I think that the producers (Or at least production CREW) could very easily tipo Russell off...they were able to see what type of a "dynamic" player he would be..and I am sure they used that to their filming advantage...

The fact that they got an 8 sec. clue that basically showed a moss covered rock...then Russell was able to IMMEDIATELY locate THAT particular rock in the island jungle...gimmmeee a break, don't insult my intelligence.

I think they have a gold mine with Russell, people either love to hate him..or love how he is playing the game..either way it equals great ratings, and that's what it's all about!
    Immediately? How do you know that?

It could have been any time within a whole day or so, from what we saw.

Also, think carefully about what you are suggesting. I don't know how easy it would be for the producers to be criminally prosecuted, as others have suggested, but even if they couldn't think about lawsuits. There are a dozen other players from this season who could sue over not getting that same "advantage", heck a lawsuit could even be brought by one of the hundreds of cast members/contestants from previous seasons from the same angle ("he got it, why didn't I" works across seasons--it doesn't have to be that he was a direct competitor to them).

And even in the utterly impossible scenario of nobody on the production staff blabbing to the press (think of the tabloid money), even if Russell WAS the only one with the knowledge that he'd been "helped out", that would still be pretty dangerous. Think of the leverage someone as canny as Russell would have over the producers if they gave him "dirt" to use against them. Why would the producers risk giving such to him?

In other words, while it would have been all too easy for the producers to get this info to Russell, there's no way they did it. None. Mark Burnett is far too successful to risk bringing down a multi-million dollar empire with that kind of utter stupidity.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread