+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Wow! Can we officially rename this season Survivor: The Russell Show. The man is brilliant.

Kelly who?

I am curious why Russell always goes to eliminate the females first? Getting rid of Kelly did break up the female alliance on Galu, will that mean Natalie can possible fill in for Kelly? Why doesn't Russell go after the men?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;3750826;
    I stopped watching the show a while ago, and only drop by here out of morbid curiosity to see when/if that two-legged pig Russell is voted off. So, he found another idol by searching holes on trees and rocks, and then played it? And now people seem to love him and credit his astonishing gameplay?

Yikes! I think of him the same way I think about Rob Mariano back in All-Stars. It's not that he's brilliant, it's that everybody around him is being stupid. Honestly, the only thing I can give him credit for is getting off his butt to look for the idol. But considering that Survivor's made the idols so damned easy to find lately, I cannot give him credit for finding it. It's basically Survivor in Easter Egg Hunt mode. Come on, I remember when these hidden immunity idols were so hard to find that you needed several clues and actually having to dig around! This is way too easy, way too boring, and only gives extra focus on a guy that's been shoved in our faces so much I can practically smell him.
    AMEN!! I totally agree with everything that you posted. This show has become so scripted that it is hard to call it a "reality" show
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

It's amazing to me that so many people feel like it has to be a love or hate relationship with these players. That's just a case of totally missing the point. I can hate everything he stands for, not want him to win as a person or a player, but I'm loving his effect on the game right now. I can't say what the dynamics this season would be without him, but with the hand we have now it's pretty interesting having him in the game. I love the game of Survivor more than I've loved or hated any player who has ever played it, and I like watching a season that has some spark to it. I may not love every minute of every season, and there have been plenty of seasons or moments that have left a bad smell behind them, but it's an hour a week I look forward to every season even if I have to deal with a Russell, a Coach, a Sugar or a Fairplay. I'm not going to gripe so much about it that it ruins what I've always loved about this game for me...the fact that on any given day the goat may become the hero, the villian will get his due, the hero will survive another day. I can't understand why a Russell can change how someone feels about the entire game of Survivor. Nothing new is happening here. The editors have always created these characters. Is something new happening this season that I'm missing?

I'm reserving how I feel about this season until the end. It had it's dull points,and I'm happy it's picking up steam. As always, I may love or hate the winner, but in the end I just want to be entertained.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by taracran;3750888;
    AMEN!! I totally agree with everything that you posted. This show has become so scripted that it is hard to call it a "reality" show
    It really does seem that way, doesn't it?

It seems that some contestants have been told to keep saying certain kinds of things--so that's all we hear from them ad infinitum.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3751267;
    It seems that some contestants have been told to keep saying certain kinds of things--so that's all we hear from them ad infinitum.
    If you take a good listen to people ITRW, you might notice that many of them tend to be repetitive and uninteresting. There's no real reason to assume that reality show mactors would be any different.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3751272;
    If you take a good listen to people ITRW, you might notice that many of them tend to be repetitive and uninteresting. There's no real reason to assume that reality show mactors would be any different.
    But at least in the real world we can turn around and lsiten to someone else. Not a choice we're being given this season by TPTB.

FORT Fan

But at least in the real world we can turn around and lsiten to someone else. Not a choice we're being given this season by TPTB.
    I'd say that the real life "turn around and listen to someone else" has a TV equivalent - flip the channel or turn the TV off. And that goes for all shows, reality or non-reality, because TPTB always get to choose what we see. I personally have no desire to do that, but the option certainly exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3750868;
    I am curious why Russell always goes to eliminate the females first? Getting rid of Kelly did break up the female alliance on Galu, will that mean Natalie can possible fill in for Kelly? Why doesn't Russell go after the men?
    My take is Russell is more threatened by the women. Russ has always said Survivor is a purely strategic game...outwit and outlast. The women he's getting rid of are the ones who see through him and he can't manipulate. My bet is he thinks he stands a better chance at playing strategically against the men that are left. He's no slouch in the physical competitions by a long shot, so he stands a good chance there too. But his entire reason for coming on (so he says) was to manipulate his way into the final two....to see how much he can control the other players. He needs puppets to master and Kelly was having none of it
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

it really was!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3749317;
    This has to be one of the best moment's in Survivor history! I loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3751426;
    My take is Russell is more threatened by the women. Russ has always said Survivor is a purely strategic game...outwit and outlast. The women he's getting rid of are the ones who see through him and he can't manipulate. My bet is he thinks he stands a better chance at playing strategically against the men that are left. He's no slouch in the physical competitions by a long shot, so he stands a good chance there too. But his entire reason for coming on (so he says) was to manipulate his way into the final two....to see how much he can control the other players. He needs puppets to master and Kelly was having none of it
    On Foa Foa his "real" alliances was with Ben, Jaison and Mick, the girls were all "show", so he had no problem voting them out over his real alliance members. after the merge he chose Kelly because thats who Shambo advised him to go after.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread