+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Like most here I loved the last episode!!! Next week should be truly interesting but I hope it doesn't come down to a split vote. I'm hoping Natalie will work on Monica - remind her that the Galu guys wanted her gone - that she's at the bottom of their totom pole. She could even promise her final 4 and tell her that as soon as the numbers are on Foa Foa's side they would vote out Russell. They would just have to not let her know that Shambo was already with them.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3750418;
    Well, she's just a follower. Around her little stubborn quirks and (probably righftul) disrespect for a bunch of "90210 jackasses", yoga exercising in camp, etc. what she really "needed" was the external form of respect, even if it was just a shallow illusion. They didn't give it to her, so she bolted for the people who WOULD give it. But she's a total follower there, despite Russell taking her advice on who to boot.

I've called her "Shambles" for that very reason. Or sarcastically, I think I was calling her "ShamWow" before that. She's a mess, and the "wow" factor is kind of a sham. But at least she's an interesting curiosity because of it. Some of the sheep on the other "side" aren't even THAT interesting. They don't deserve single nicknames, much less multiple variations!
    Exactly, she needs to be liked. I can't hold that against her, since everyone likes to be liked.

But the thing is that Shambo kind of brought it upon herself. She makes herself out to be the victim of it all, when in reality, she's part to blame. It's true that the other Galu'ers didn't necessarily make her feel welcomed, but Shambo could have made more of an effort to bond with them. She passed judgment way too much. Take the yoga scene for an example. She just looked at them with disgust. Yeah, in Survivor, work needs to be done. But do the castaways always have to work? I don't think so. I think there should be some time to relax and to get to know other people better. Shambo made it all about work, work, work, and that separated her from the tribe.

But instead of blaming herself, she blames the others, and that, in turn, causes this intense hate for the other Galu'ers, especially Laura.

Yeah, I just really don't like Shambo. Simply stated.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3750416;
    Just posted a purple rock question on the spoiler thread....still trying to remember the actual circumstances.
    See, I'm not one to look at spoilers, so I avoid that thread. But good to know that I'm not the only one who's curious about tiebreakers.

It just makes me more excited for the next episode and seeing if we'll finally get an answer.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetHugs;3749997;
    There is no way production would tell someone where the idol is. Do you realize the lawsuits that would cause if that would leak out. Face it, Russell is smart and is playing a great game.
    Well, yes. We are in ageement. Did you misread my post?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3750560;
    Well, yes. We are in ageement. Did you misread my post?
    Yes shoepie I was agreeing with you.
    "Never fry bacon in the nude"

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Wow. 25 pages of discussion! And me just watching my tape of it last night.

I will say this - as much as I hate Russel, he was brilliant last night. The look on the faces of the Galu members and the glee on Eric's face was all just priceless.

Got to hand it to him. As detestable a human he is, he is playing this game perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3749804;
    CVS has lots of aids available. Take a look at the tapes CBS prepared on each player just as the game was starting. Take a look at Jeff's hilarious weekly blog. ...One improvement this season has been fewer challenges which gives us more time to see the interactions.
    I can't speak for anyone else. But frankly, I don't want to have to do "homework" outside of watching the actual show to know the characters. I don't read Jeff's blog, I don't read the individual threads on each player here, etc.

And I actually preferred more challenges. This is also supposed to be a game of physical competition. I like the factor of "are we gonna vote out Grampa Bill because he couldn't swim as fast as the others..." during their strategizing over who should be offed at TC.

Yes, I'm bored by this season. But I'd rather see more interesting people who are actually playing than the eye-candy they're recruiting. A game of a cast of Richard Hatch's and Russel H's would be awesome - and I'm not talking about Russel as a person. I think he's a detestable troll. But he is playing a hell of a strategic game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3750717;
    I can't speak for anyone else. But frankly, I don't want to have to do "homework" outside of watching the actual show to know the characters

And I actually preferred more challenges.

I'd rather see more interesting people who are actually playing than the eye-candy they're recruiting.
    Given the limitations of the one hour program with commercials, if you want to know more then you do need to look outside, and with more challenges there would be less time to get to know the players. (I liked it better when the season premier was a two-hour feature.) The eye candy has generally been on the boring list, which is why they aren't showing so much of them. Personally, I have gotten to know all of them fine within the program, but I appreciate there are other options, and some of those options are more direct because less edited for those who want to make their own decisions.

I stopped watching the show a while ago, and only drop by here out of morbid curiosity to see when/if that two-legged pig Russell is voted off. So, he found another idol by searching holes on trees and rocks, and then played it? And now people seem to love him and credit his astonishing gameplay?

Yikes! I think of him the same way I think about Rob Mariano back in All-Stars. It's not that he's brilliant, it's that everybody around him is being stupid. Honestly, the only thing I can give him credit for is getting off his butt to look for the idol. But considering that Survivor's made the idols so damned easy to find lately, I cannot give him credit for finding it. It's basically Survivor in Easter Egg Hunt mode. Come on, I remember when these hidden immunity idols were so hard to find that you needed several clues and actually having to dig around! This is way too easy, way too boring, and only gives extra focus on a guy that's been shoved in our faces so much I can practically smell him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;3750826;
    I stopped watching the show a while ago, and only drop by here out of morbid curiosity to see when/if that two-legged pig Russell is voted off. So, he found another idol by searching holes on trees and rocks, and then played it? And now people seem to love him and credit his astonishing gameplay?
    Well, except for those of us who have been crediting his gameplay all along.

I guess its easier to focus on the fact that Russell doing well consistently has "turned" other people. But it doesn't change the fact that at least a few people didn't CARE all along that he's a disgusting pig personally, but a pretty smart player. It's far easier to put everyone in one basket.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3750766;
    Given the limitations of the one hour program with commercials, if you want to know more then you do need to look outside, and with more challenges there would be less time to get to know the players.
    That's been the format since season 1 - a standard 1 hour with commercials, and more challenges.

I can't remember a season prior to this one that I knew less about the players.

+ Reply to Thread