+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3749921;
    Russell: started out awful... hurting his own tribe, pouring out water, calling girls his dumb blonde alliance, generally full of himself. Then, he found the idol, played his players, showed his strength, found another idol and between he and Nat, saved Foa Foa to this point. Overall, I like him. He's an ass, but such an ENTERTAINING ass! And I can totally understand why his entire tribe was taken in by his personality, he can be quite charming if it works for him. Also, his scrambling and loss of confidence these last couple of shows have certainly made him more endearing.......... Give me... how many? 30+ Russell scenes EVERY week, I'm LOVING it! Have been for a while.
    I've been saying this about Russell all along. It's nice to see that others are finally appreciating the little jerk too, or at least more people are admitting to it now.
    This show has been on for quite a few years now & it always amazes me that so many people think it's like Summer Camp. Just make friends & have a good time & hope people will like you enough to keep you & give you a million $'s.

Finally someone gets it! He's finding the Immunity Idols because he's thinking rather than waiting for directions. He's manipulating people because they're not thinking for themselves & the minute someone starts to, he gets them out before they can do anything about it.

This guy has watched the show & figured it out. I believe him when he says he's not there for the money but to show people how it's done. I'm just surprised that no one has done this before.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Is anyone aware of any villainous he has done since the first episode? Other than giving the gals the evil eye if they challenge him? He started out disrupting his tribe, but he seems to be the glue now. I like the assignments he gives out, LOL, every one go suck up to someone different and then report back. It's serving Foa well.

FORT Regular

Russell has finally earned my respect! Still not thrilled with his sexist remarks but he certainly is interesting and upped my interest in the game. I'm sure they have to leave a lot on the editing floor but I'm sure they could have put in a little more of everybody and a little less of RH. Up until last week I was finding it a bit boring and I LOVE Survivor!!!

It's really impossible to think that we can actually "know" any of the players from the little we see and the massive amount of editing that is done. I still don't anything about Brett, John and (shoot! now I've forgotten the other dudes name!!!)(oh,yeah...had to look it up...Dave!---do know a little about him--he makes lousy decisions, thinks he is in charge, and does a nice drop jaw look!!) Would love to see more of Mick, too. Can't believe he doesn't do/say ANYTHING interesting!!!

I'm wondering if after production counted the ballots they told Jeff---"pick from the top if Russell plays the idol, from the bottom if he doesn't!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3750060;
    Russell has finally earned my respect! Still not thrilled with his sexist remarks but he certainly is interesting and upped my interest in the game. I'm sure they have to leave a lot on the editing floor but I'm sure they could have put in a little more of everybody and a little less of RH. Up until last week I was finding it a bit boring and I LOVE Survivor!!!

It's really impossible to think that we can actually "know" any of the players from the little we see and the massive amount of editing that is done. I still don't anything about Brett, John and (shoot! now I've forgotten the other dudes name!!!)(oh,yeah...had to look it up...Dave!---do know a little about him--he makes lousy decisions, thinks he is in charge, and does a nice drop jaw look!!) Would love to see more of Mick, too. Can't believe he doesn't do/say ANYTHING interesting!!!

I'm wondering if after production counted the ballots they told Jeff---"pick from the top if Russell plays the idol, from the bottom if he doesn't!!!"

That makes a whole lot of sense.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I wonder if Jeff has ever reached into the jar, didn't like what he saw, and been tempted to say, no wait a minute, that isn't what I wanted to pull out next, LOL.

Have any contestants ever said that they paid attention to handwriting so they would know how at least some of the players had voted?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3750052;
    Is anyone aware of any villainous he has done since the first episode? Other than giving the gals the evil eye if they challenge him?
    He says mean things behind their back, gloats and boasts.

BIG DEAL.

We don't have to like him to admire his game play or find him interesting to watch.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

To the Point

Regarding all the screen time RH has gotten. Certainly he's gotten alot. He's been playing hard the whole time! However, I have still managed to notice the other players in the game. Of course, I have not allowed myself to become so focused on RH and the face-time he is getting that I fail to notice the others. At this point there is only one person who still seems to be a nonentity to me and that would be Brett. However, if Brett isn't doing anything to bring himself to the forefront I really wouldn't want the producers to waste the footage. I see him on the screen, I just don't see him as a "player". The others have been shown. We may not know them as well, but perhaps there are very good reasons for the producers making that decision. I really don't want them to show footage of paint drying and I suspect that much of what we haven't seen would equate to that.

School Is In Session! Passepartout's Avatar

Think that they should had voted out Monica as she is more hateful than Kelly. Kelly we hardly knew you. Love it that Shambo did "good acting" for an Academy Award. Maybe not but that was a classic! Shambo seems to be on Foa Foa side.
    Can't Wait for NFL!

The insignificant people are not getting face time which means that they're not going to make it even to final 4. After Kelly...Brett may be next.

FORT Regular

I don't like Russell, but that episode was SO GOOD.

I'm also in the "ew, Laura" camp. I think it started when they first showed her treating Shambo like crap. Laura perpetually has this "I just stepped in dog doo" expression on her face, and I had a boss who made the same face when he was trying to smile but didn't want to. So I guess instinctively I know she's a bad person by her expression. There's always a soft spot in my heart for offbeat people like Shambo, and watching this woman who obviously never got over her high school nastiness being vile toward Shambo is just ... tough.

Bleh.

As far as Russell, I think the main problem is that they don't usually show much of the winning tribe. If I can't watch Survivor until Friday and someone tells me that the show spent a lot of time on a certain person, I know that their team lost. (I had one episode toward the beginning spoiled in this way.) Then when you add in the usual assortment of skinny blondes and strong-jawed scruffy guys who are basically interchangeable, you end up with a load of people where you have NO CLUE who they are. I find that this is true every season. There's always a handful who are ignored. And I don't doubt that they just don't HAVE a personality. At least Russell is DOING something.

+ Reply to Thread