+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3749899;
    Might be hard for you to imagine but... is it possible... the other people didn't have reactions so there's nothing to show?

I know. It doesn't fit in with your "i can't stand Russel and must criticize everything about this show" theme but it's possible.
    I wasn't surprised at all the reaction shots of Russell at TC last night -- after all it was his name being pulled out of the 'hat', at least the first seven votes. I recall some pretty incredulous reaction shots of Dave and Laura in particular as the inevitable finally sunk in with them.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I've thought a little about the Russell/Laura debate:

Russell: started out awful... hurting his own tribe, pouring out water, calling girls his dumb blonde alliance, generally full of himself. Then, he found the idol, played his players, showed his strength, found another idol and between he and Nat, saved Foa Foa to this point. Overall, I like him. He's an ass, but such an ENTERTAINING ass! And I can totally understand why his entire tribe was taken in by his personality, he can be quite charming if it works for him. Also, his scrambling and loss of confidence these last couple of shows have certainly made him more endearing.

Laura: started out ostracizing Shambo... heck all of Galu did. Let's face it, they treated Sham like crap, sending her off whenever they had a reward, and whether she deserved it or not, we don't really know. But it was really, really, really bad game play. To pretend like one of your numbers simply does not matter is STUPID. There was little doubt Laura and Eric were running things there, and though Eric saw the benefit of drawing Shambo in, Laura continued to ostracize her. Even Laura's own tribemates said they thought she was being a B****. So, I guess it's not just us. On the plus side, Laura is a decent competitor, or at least extremely lucky, we'll find out for sure with the next few challenges. Is it wrong of me to not want to look at the face? She gets this ugly look, and well, I can't imagine a really sweet person with that same look, just can't do it.

I think the fact that Russell has become an underdog helps as well. Give me... how many? 30+ Russell scenes EVERY week, I'm LOVING it! Have been for a while.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;3749557;
    I have a hard time believing that Russel found the idol all on his own. Production could have tipped him off.
    It made perfect sense that it was hidden at a landmark. Easy to create clues to direct you there. Russel was smart enough to realize this and looked in every place that fit this logic. I cannot see any reason why production would want to steer the game by telling anyone where to look.

They cannot do this another season!

This is a good season, I am enjoying it and Russel.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3749981;
    It made perfect sense that it was hidden at a landmark. Easy to create clues to direct you there. Russel was smart enough to realize this and looked in every place that fit this logic. I cannot see any reason why production would want to steer the game by telling anyone where to look.

They cannot do this another season!

This is a good season, I am enjoying it and Russel.
    There is no way production would tell someone where the idol is. Do you realize the lawsuits that would cause if that would leak out. Face it, Russell is smart and is playing a great game.
    "Never fry bacon in the nude"

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3749921;
    I've thought a little about the Russell/Laura debate:

Russell: started out awful... hurting his own tribe, pouring out water, calling girls his dumb blonde alliance, generally full of himself. Then, he found the idol, played his players, showed his strength, found another idol and between he and Nat, saved Foa Foa to this point. Overall, I like him. He's an ass, but such an ENTERTAINING ass! And I can totally understand why his entire tribe was taken in by his personality, he can be quite charming if it works for him. Also, his scrambling and loss of confidence these last couple of shows have certainly made him more endearing.

Laura: started out ostracizing Shambo... heck all of Galu did. Let's face it, they treated Sham like crap, sending her off whenever they had a reward, and whether she deserved it or not, we don't really know. But it was really, really, really bad game play. To pretend like one of your numbers simply does not matter is STUPID. There was little doubt Laura and Eric were running things there, and though Eric saw the benefit of drawing Shambo in, Laura continued to ostracize her. Even Laura's own tribemates said they thought she was being a B****. So, I guess it's not just us. On the plus side, Laura is a decent competitor, or at least extremely lucky, we'll find out for sure with the next few challenges. Is it wrong of me to not want to look at the face? She gets this ugly look, and well, I can't imagine a really sweet person with that same look, just can't do it.

I think the fact that Russell has become an underdog helps as well. Give me... how many? 30+ Russell scenes EVERY week, I'm LOVING it! Have been for a while.
    That was Eric that said it but he liked Shambo actually. I personally didn't see anything in that conversation that would make her that. I took that convo as calling Shambo out for being such a whiner, which she is.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3749444;
    uickly.

Loved how the HII was played this week, and the reaction from Erik and others realizing they had been caught in Richard's web. It was a good ep, and makes me look forward to the next week's ep.
    You mean, Russell, right?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3749899;
    Might be hard for you to imagine but... is it possible... the other people didn't have reactions so there's nothing to show?

I know. It doesn't fit in with your "i can't stand Russel and must criticize everything about this show" theme but it's possible.
    As with everything else we've not been shown--there's no way to know since the majority of time is spent on RH.

BTW--why wouldn't the other contestants be reacting to what's going on?

Can it really be possible that ONLY one player has reactions to events and only ONE player does anything of interest?

Based on having watched this show for a number of years my own response would be--Nope.

YMMV

I have to give it to Survivor--last night was one of the best episodes I have seen in many, many seasons!

So much to consider!:
    1) Seems that Shambo has DEFINITELY made a formal alliance with Foa Foa (we werent positive until this episode), and is willing to throw anyone under the bus from Galu.
    2) Kudos to Sham for keeping this a secret! And, anyone else notice her incredulous stare to Laura et. al when the vote was announced and Laura made the remark about Russell? It seems Sham is a good actress!!...she looked angry and bewildered, like she was solidly with Galu (but we know differently, and she knew the whole time what was happening). Honestly, I didn't think Sham had it in her!
    3) Something additional/else is going on with Natalie and the other girls...I am not sure if they made some other alliance or what...but there have been questionable looks and words that suggest some sort of plan.
    4) Russell is quite the player: like him or not he has studied the show and showed up to play! I have said for many seasons now that they haven't been recruiting the brightest players...for instance, why do these folks not think to look for the idol at camp when they know there is almost always one (in the absence of a ridiculous exile spot)? It's not like they don't have tons of time on their hands...and, inevitably, the idol is always near some landmark as given away by [normally] the third or fourth clue. I also used to ponder the psychological edge to the game--why had no one ever attempted to mentally mind-"screw" the other players? We know, psychologically speaking, that this is an effective tool to wear down others and get them to do or say what you want...this isn't a new idea or anything (I mean, fear is a great tool). So, here comes Russell and he does both...and even if he is a butt sometimes, I enjoy watching him think and scheme (while everyone else does yoga).
    5) Even with Russell's discovery of the idol next episode, they still will not have the numbers to save a Foa Foa member--right? At best the Foa Foas have 5 and team Galu has 6 (without Shambo). That means one vote to Russell and 5 to whomever else they select..and they force a tie. The only way around this seems to be if Shambo manipulates them into thinking she is with them and they split their votes and the Foa Foa stay 5 strong. Any other ideas? I just dont see anyone from the 'new' Galu swinging over (certainly not Laura and her ladies)...anyone else see things differently?

As a side note...my husband and I looked at each at the end of tribal council and said, "wow, jeff should just throw Russell the idol and be done with it...it's not like it has become too much of an obstacle for him to find it anyways." Now that would add a new element to the game, wouldn't it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nani;3749647;
    Should we dare to dream???!!! Russ and Shambo....what a great F2!!!!
    It's a F3, else there will be 8 in the jury. F3 will have 7. In case of a 2-way tie when they announce the votes, they take the vote of whoever is the 3rd place finisher. In order for this to happen, two players will have 3 votes each and the 3rd place gets 2 votes. The three players would have cast their votes prior on who they want to win the million dollars but they will only count the vote of the 3rd place finisher to break the tie. I think that's how it works.

FORT Fogey

Currently:

Galu - Dave, Brett, John, Laura, Monica, Shambo
    Foa Foa - Russell, Jaison, Mick, Natalie
    Jury - Erik, Kelly

So, assuming Shambo is with the Foas, we potentially have a 5/5 split on votes next week.
    If we have a F3 finale, that leaves 9 on the jury.

+ Reply to Thread