+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Brooks--Hi.

Every week the elimnated players have been met with "Who is that?" This has been going on since the begiinning of the producrs' bromance with RH.

Having to look a player up because we've never heard of them until they're eliminated makes no sense for this show.

Giving ONE player 30+ scenes many weeks in a row makes no sense either.

A lot of viewers don't really care much for or about this season because it is only about one nasty sexist person.
    Last night's TC is a perfect example--of all the people at TC RH got every third reaction shot throughout the entire TC while most players got none.

When I think of past seasons with multiple diverse characters like Yul and Ozzie it makes me very sad for how this show is now circling the drain with its insistence week after week that only one guy is "playing the game" or is even "interesting."

There is no doubt that some things, as with any season, were left on the cutting room floor that I would have loved to see. Obviously there was a dynamic there with Erik that we missed out on and I've stated numerous times that I would have loved to see more of that. I cannot attribute the fact that we did not get to see that to Russell only. We get to see but a few hours of their time out there, and the editors are trying to weave together a story that will lead us to finale night. With Erik making jury his story is pertinent, but to a far lesser degree than each of those who follow him to jury. Therefore, we got just a glimpse and that little soundbite of a backstory about Erik's doucheiness, and we will see those same glimpses into each jury member, and a bit more from the real players in the game and their pawns, until we reach our final 3. 'Tis the way of Survivor.

As for Russell, he did me one huge favor this season. Many times I have wondered if it were against the rules to find an idol and use it before the clues were given. People have often said "that plaque looks odd" or "that tree looks strange" and yet noone has ever been shown exploring, so it led us to believe that noone ever looked without a clue. Perhaps they have, but it always made me wonder that if they had not then it may not be allowed. Russell has solved a long standing Survivor mystery for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3749702;
    Silly people, my boy Russell already found it. On the way back from TC last night. In the dark. Greatest player ever. He didn't need anyone from production to tell him where it was. Heck, he's so good he probably told them where to hide it. HAHAHA! The next three days are just about sprints around camp to tire everyone else out so he wins immunity and doesn't need to play the idol. Let's just coronate him now!

Love this. Wouldn't it be too funny if that really happened.

Some one posted that Russell would have Foa people lead the Galu people on a wild goose chase so that he could find the idol. I wouldn't put that past him, its a brillant thought.

WD we'd know more about the others if they did something that warranted air time, other than sitting around and doing nothing. Russell has put his face on the screen because he is playing the game, he's looking for HII while others talk about it. That warrants screen time IMO.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3749836;
    This isn't the first time the second highest vote getter left - Amanda's second season (fans vs. favorites) she pulled the "I'm going home" tears then pulled out the idol - this after Ozzy and another person left with it in their hands.

For a long time - no matter if you used it or left with it, the idol was forfeited. That's why James had two HII's and left with both - and none were replaced. It's now where it's constantly in game, making everyone look for it and keep good finders like Russell keep finding it.

Yep and I'll say that was the best tribal council ever not this one, well that may also be becuase I liked Amanda and also like Laura but don't really like Russell.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Regarding "hanging out" with these interesting specimens of the human species ...

I would be hard pressed to decide whether to spend any time with Laura or Russell, if forced to choose between them. Just kill me now. The same goes for Ben and Dave, and probably John. Some of the others...who knows, they haven't had much screentime.

Although I could put up with the valley girls if I had to (which, thankfully, I won't), I would choose Shambo and maybe Russell S (hope he's doing OK now). I just don't like mean people. Imagine that.

And if given the "opportunity" to meet JP, I would turn it down.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Whi is Brett? I don't recall seeing him - must have blinked.
    And, I didn't see much at all of Kelly until lawst night. But, I did learn her name last night.

I did love last night's episode, though. It ranked up there with S1, still my favorite season.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I have disliked Russell from the very beginning and never thought that I'd ever cheer for him, but I found myself cheering him on last night. Maybe it's that whole underdog thing, and the fact that, like many on here have said, Russell seems to be one of the only people actually playing the game. I think that's why we don't see much of the other players. Who wants to watch people lay in the sun all day? It would make for a pretty boring show. I'm even starting to warm up to Shambo a bit.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3749859;
    {snip}
    Last night's TC is a perfect example--of all the people at TC RH got every third reaction shot throughout the entire TC while most players got none.
    Might be hard for you to imagine but... is it possible... the other people didn't have reactions so there's nothing to show?

I know. It doesn't fit in with your "i can't stand Russel and must criticize everything about this show" theme but it's possible.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3749867;
    Regarding "hanging out" with these interesting specimens of the human species ...

I would be hard pressed to decide whether to spend any time with Laura or Russell, if forced to choose between them. Just kill me now. The same goes for Ben and Dave, and probably John. Some of the others...who knows, they haven't had much screentime.

Although I could put up with the valley girls if I had to (which, thankfully, I won't), I would choose Shambo and maybe Russell S (hope he's doing OK now). I just don't like mean people. Imagine that.

And if given the "opportunity" to meet JP, I would turn it down.
    No matter the name of this board, "Fans of Reality TV", it doesn't mean we're obliged to like people ON Reality TV. We're voyeurs.

The vast majority, virtually every last one of them on every show, are typically fairly awful people. They could be aggressive, or fake, or boring, or snotty, or hypocritical, or any combination. We should be used to it this far into Reality TV's existence and not expect them to secretly not be. Really, why would we want to hang out with ANY of them? They're hamsters and we're watching them. It doesn't mean we need to want to be them, be like them, socialize with them, hang out with them, etc.

Of course I'm sure there are exceptions, but this is about our base assumptions.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Has anyone else noticed that the the show was getting kind of dull and not a lot of conversation about it this season, but now that Russell and Shambo have made some critical plays, there is so much more talk and interest. Love them or hate them, Russell, and to a lesser extent, Shambo, have made this season interesting.

I've grown to appreciate Russell's game play. In the beginning I thought I would like Shambo, then after the first few episodes, I almost gave up on her. Now, I like Shamob a lot, and I think it's pretty great that Russell and Shambo have joined up and would love to see them in F2, though I doubt it will happen.

+ Reply to Thread