+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 272

Thread: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

  1. #131
    RIP Billy Mays:'( Trista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    I think it was very wise for Shambo to vote with the Galus, it makes them focus on trying to vote one of the FF's. They are suspicious of her, but it at least keeps them somewhat in their good graces.

    Watching the reactions this TC was priceless. The looks on Dave's face and the faces of the Galus when they realized that one of them would be going home, the look after the idol was played, Erik's reactions...this season went from "meh" to "awesome" in two episodes.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

  2. #132
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    27

    Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    My understanding is that if a hidden immunity idol is used, it's replanted up to the final 4 or 5 depending on the season. If, on the other hand, an individual leaves the game with the idol, the idol is not replanted.

    Unfortunately, in the past, almost everyone with the idol has either left the game with it or used it at the last opportunity. I think the survivor people have been itching for the opportunity to see it used repeatedly. I think Probst and Burnett are overjoyed to finally see someone with the second highest number of votes go. I don't understand why Foa Foa targeted Kelly rather than a stronger player.

    Way to go, Russell!

  3. #133
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    I'm getting a little tired of the HII because it has changed Survivor entirely. It has become one of the most important things, if not the most important, in this game. The players are now focused on getting that HII, which eats up time on actual strategizing (if you don't know already, I love the strategic part of the game ).

    With that said, I liked this episode. And as I'm a supporter of Foa Foa, I was happy to see them survive. And I've now found a new favorite: Natalie. I hope she survives for a while, unlike my other picks.

    I'm a little confused, though, because pre-show, the show wanted to make out Russell as the biggest villain this show has ever had. But now, it seems as if they want us to root for him. He's an underdog now, and people love underdogs. So what is he: a villain, or a rootable underdog? Or is he a villain that happens to be an underdog?

    I'm also confused as to why they targetted Kelly. Seriously, Kelly? Is Laura that threatening that they would want to vote off her friend? Why not go for one of the guys that are stronger at challenges?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  4. #134
    FORT Fogey jammyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,613

    Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    I'm also questioning why Foa Foa agreed to vote off Kelly. I know Laura should have been gone last week or tonite if she didn't win immunity. But taking out Kelly probably makes sense to Russ because 1.) She's Laura's ally 2.) She's getting too close to Natalie 3.) She is liked by everyone 4.) She's a woman 5.) It was Shambo's idea.

    Russ doesn't like most women (hence #4 reasoning). He reveals his HII to Laura and Kelly (and i think one of the guys) only to be betrayed by them so naturally Russ has a vendetta against them. But his emotions took over and I think should have taken out Galu's leader and stronger player which is Dave. Off course, everyone at Foa Foa trust RH, so naturally they will go with whoever he wants voted off without even questioning his choice.

    Shambo doesn't get along with the women of Galu. She gets along with Foa Foa and especially Russ. She should've shut up when they were at the waterslide and Kelly was telling her and everyone to get rid of Russ. They were arguing so she tells Russ and he gets upset so they agreed to vote off Kelly since Laura won immunity.

    It's Russ vs. Laura show. And I hope that Shambo votes with Foa Foa next week. I can't believe Laura won two immunities in a row. She would have been gone both weeks. I saw Russ showboating when he got the 2nd bag only to get beat by his nemesis, Laura on the last second...lol. And I can't believe Shambo and Nick went brain dead at the challenge when they were clearly ahead. I would have liked to have seen Laura's shocked face getting voted off because of Russell's doing while he shows his smug and gloating face to her (which i know he would).

    I hated the IC because there were only 3 people going to the next round instead of 5 or 6. I hated the RC in that they split them into two groups as if they were two tribes competing again. Why not an endurance challenge instead. Then if we get an even number, you can at least split them into groups of two or three, as long as there are more than two teams.

    From the very beginning I've always liked RH because he's playing the game more than anyone else. Then he tried to destroy his own tribe by creating chaos and in effect weakening his tribe. Bad strategy. He would not have been in this predicament if he kept his tribe strong first. However, it made him a more interesting player. He took out all potential threats to him and he found both HII without clues.

    For next week, if Shambo votes with Foa Foa, they should vote off the weakest Galu. This means they should vote off Monica and not Laura. The vote will be tied and she has to go up against a Foa Foa to create fire. Hopefully Galu doesn't vote for Natalie or we will have the most embarrassing show of survivor skills since that Season when two girls couldn't start fire for 2 hours that Jeff finally gave up and gave them matches! Because Galu is not so smart, they will try to vote off Russ again. So I hope it's Russ vs. Monica in tribal council.

  5. #135
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;3749358;
    That was great! My comment was that Russell would probably find the next idol on the way back to camp. Love him or hate him, he's totally changed the game. And God love Foa Foa, they played tribal council well. Loved their faces, loved that they were outraged that Russell dare play the idol.
    Yes. According to them he's "sneaky and conniving" because he broke his ass to find the Idol. Yup.

    I mean he IS "sneaky and conniving", but certainly not for THAT.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  6. #136
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3749439;
    Me too. Maybe because this is still the "Russell Show."

    I counted Russell scenes until I got to 30 and then stopped.

    There were still 20+ minutes to go in the show.

    During tribal council every third reaction shot was of Russell while other players got no reaction shots at all.


    I think it's great how the producers keep giving Russell more chances by giving him yet ANOTHER Immunity Idol.

    Can anyone else say--"the fix is in"?
    What fix? He's using his brain. Since when is the show supposed to punish someone for doing that?

    And its not like he can just march back to camp and pick up a third Idol. NOW its a war. Him getting the Idol is far from assured.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  7. #137
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,100

    Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3749479;
    What fix? He's using his brain. Since when is the show supposed to punish someone for doing that?

    And its not like he can just march back to camp and pick up a third Idol. NOW its a war. Him getting the Idol is far from assured.
    Um, yeah, that's the outwit part.

    Does anyone think Russell convinced the Foas to boot Kelly instead of one of the stronger male Galus in order to not only mess up Laura's game, but also to keep the male/female numbers in his favor? Seems like every season somebody tries to form an all female alliance towards the end. As it stands, it's 6 male/4 female. If Kelly had stayed and they had booted Dave or one of the other guys, they would be at even numbers.

  8. #138
    Love is in the Air! jette66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    817

    Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3749439;
    Me too. Maybe because this is still the "Russell Show."

    I counted Russell scenes until I got to 30 and then stopped.

    There were still 20+ minutes to go in the show.

    During tribal council every third reaction shot was of Russell while other players got no reaction shots at all.


    I think it's great how the producers keep giving Russell more chances by giving him yet ANOTHER Immunity Idol.

    Can anyone else say--"the fix is in"?
    WD...if you're sooo tired of the "Russell Show" then just stop watching it. It sounds like you spend more time counting the number "Russell scenes" each week, than watching the actual show and trying to get to know the other Survivors. Stop with your idle treats, and stop watching (like you've threatened so many times)...or at least stop complaining...it's getting old. If you were actually watching the "show", you'd see Russell is actually playing "the game"...the game to outwit, outlast and outplay...that's "the game" of Survivor.

  9. #139
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3749475;
    It's Russ vs. Laura show. And I hope that Shambo votes with Foa Foa next week. I can't believe Laura won two immunities in a row. She would have been gone both weeks. I saw Russ showboating when he got the 2nd bag only to get beat by his nemesis, Laura on the last second...lol. And I can't believe Shambo and Nick went brain dead at the challenge when they were clearly ahead. I would have liked to have seen Laura's shocked face getting voted off because of Russell's doing while he shows his smug and gloating face to her (which i know he would).

    For next week, if Shambo votes with Foa Foa, they should vote off the weakest Galu. This means they should vote off Monica and not Laura. The vote will be tied and she has to go up against a Foa Foa to create fire. Hopefully Galu doesn't vote for Natalie or we will have the most embarrassing show of survivor skills since that Season when two girls couldn't start fire for 2 hours that Jeff finally gave up and gave them matches! Because Galu is not so smart, they will try to vote off Russ again. So I hope it's Russ vs. Monica in tribal council.
    I find the bolded part a good thing. Laura is becoming a dominant character. So is Natalie. I've loved this season, but I will agree that there was a bit too much focus on a few people. Now, it seems that more people are receiving the airtime that they deserve.

    Speaking of Laura, I honestly don't think she's that much of a bitch, as other FoRTers have felt (look at me again, having the unpopular opinion--whatta shocker! ). The only one that seems to hate her is Shambo (and Russell, but I think that Shambo just rubbed her opinion off on him and that he sees Laura as a major threat to his game). Shambo puts on this "woe-is-me" persona when really, I would be frustrated also if I lived with her. I would have been pissed off as hell if someone let go of a chicken. Laura did get in Shambo's face last week, but the same thing could be said about Shambo, as she got into Laura's face the same way.

    If the former Foa Foa finds a way to seize control again next week, I disagree that they should vote off the weakest. It won't do any good to the former Foa Foa'ers to vote off Monica, who is not a threat in challenges and not a threat strategically. Also, if one other person were to switch to the dark side, it would be Monica. When Russell came up to her last week, she was totally up for his plan. The only reason why Russell changed his mind was because he thought that she was too weak. Dave seems to be the voice of the former Galu, and he is good at challenges. He should be their target.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3749483;
    Does anyone think Russell convinced the Foas to boot Kelly instead of one of the stronger male Galus in order to not only mess up Laura's game, but also to keep the male/female numbers in his favor? Seems like every season somebody tries to form an all female alliance towards the end. As it stands, it's 6 male/4 female. If Kelly had stayed and they had booted Dave or one of the other guys, they would be at even numbers.
    That's a good guess, Alexxxx. If I were one of the guys, I would do anything to try and prevent a women's alliance because unfortunately, it seems that women nowadays can only win when they form a power-girl alliance. Post-ASS, there have only been two female winners: Danni and Parvati. Danni didn't form a women's alliance; she won by flying UTR, winning immunity when necessary, and then finding a way to sneak into the Final2. But Parvati definitely won with her Black Widow Alliance. Also, both of these ladies beat another female in the finals (Danni beat Steph, Parvati beat Amanda). It's as if women can now only win when they're up against another women, as recently the men have prevailed over the women when they're down to the Final2/3. It's not like its slated in the rules that women can't beat men, but it hasn't happened ever since... All-Stars, when Amber defeated Rob. Wow, that seems like soooo long ago.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  10. #140
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    281

    Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    I don't have time to read all the posts this morning, so I don't know what others are saying. But in my opinion, Survivor is BACK!!!

    I have hated Russell, and I have loved to hate Russell. Now I just officially love Russell. The guy is smart and entertaining. My husband and I spent an hour after the show last night talking about these "characters", debating strategies and what will happen next. Our voices got almost loud enough to wake the kids. This is exactly why I used to love Survivor so much in the first few seasons. It was not only enjoyable to watch together, but it kept us thinking and speculating long after the show was over.

    Laura, BTW, is a much bigger *ss than Russell has ever been. She's nasty and hypocritical and full of herself, and generally just an ugly person.

    At this point, nothing would please me more than if Russell won the whole thing. In my mind, he deserves it more than anyone. But no matter what happens, I can't wait for next week. Was Shambo's voting for Russell strategy, or stupidity? Will the Galus or the Foas find the HII, or no one at all? Will Laura win immunity AGAIN? Will the final vote be a tie? This is what this show is all about, and I couldn't be happier.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.