+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 11/5 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/5 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

With no immunity idols in play this could be very interesting after all--IF the show gets over their weird obsession with Russell and let us get to know the rest of the contestants and THEIR game play.

For example--I for one would like to know what Mick is doing. He has always struck me as someone who is playing an under the radar game. I'd like to see how he interacts with other contestants.

I mean besides Russell.

FORT Fogey

Does anyone know why Jeff did not do his usual announcement about playing the idol?

He had to know that Russell and Eric had them.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3744773;
    Yeah, I didn't hear anyone mention race during the Eric/Jaison exchange either. What I heard that was so appalling to me was Eric's tone with Jaison -- extremely condescending, like Eric held all the cards and Jaison had to measure up to Eric to continue living on 'his island/beach". Eric was just so certain of his numerical superiority he didn't consider he could possibly be in danger. Then, the blindside. Perfect.

OK, stupid question alert: Did Eric have a HII? Sorry, I haven't followed every episode of this season and I'm not nearly as good at the game strategy as you folks, but it occurred to me that maybe the reason that Russell played his HII was to keep Eric feeling secure of his safety, and guaranteeing that the blindside would work. That is, if Russell appeared certain of votes for himself, Eric wouldn't realize that he might get any votes. Also, Russell's HII was basically worthless at that point anyway, since so many knew he had it.
    Yes, he did...he mentioned it on the way to TC, otherwise I wouldn't have recalled which Galu had found it either. So now both HII s are out of the picture.
    Sometimes even when everyone knows you have the HII it can help you...you have to have two targets you want off....e.g., threaten the holder so s/he plays it but also vote for target #2 so someone you want off goes. Takes a coordinated group. In the past some holders have parlayed having it when everyne knew it so well they never really had to play it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Eric found out that Jaison had more influence and more going for him than ol' Eric thought! Well, at least he WILL find out when he sees the tape! Love it, love it, love it!!!

Jaison may be a man of few words but, obviously his words carry some weight.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3744786;
    Eric found out that Jaison had more influence and more going for him than ol' Eric thought! Well, at least he WILL find out when he sees the tape! Love it, love it, love it!!!

Jaison may be a man of few words but, obviously his words carry some weight.

I was really surprised to hear Eric trash-talking Jaison. I mean he hardly knows the guy--so what was the point?

And I too took Jaison's comment about "taking this kind of thing for a lot of years" had to do with having to work hard to get where he is against odds and against some people's not feeling he had the abilities that he does have.

I certainly did NOT take it as having any sort of racial meaning.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Did Jeff say Eric is the first member of the jury? Usually anyone voted out post merge is, but I don't actually remember him saying tha.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3744780;
    yes, eric had a HII.

the rest of your reasoning doesn't hold though, because the idol is played AFTER votes are cast. i mean, playing it might have gotten a bigger reaction from eric as he was blindsided, but it didn't DO anything you know?
    OK, thanks. I get your point.

I was just thinking that if Eric had gotten any inclination about the blindside, that Russell doing what he did may have given Eric enough confidence not to play his HII. That is, if Eric had thought he was in trouble, Russell playing his HII might have confirmed to Eric that the votes were going Russell's way, and he could hold onto his HII for later.

I think too much!

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3744770;
    I think the problem is that there's something about Shambo that makes you WANT to like her. I know that's true for me, and I've seen other people say something similar.
    I suppose that is true for some people, but I had a bad vibe from her right from the start. Not evil bad, but a really irrational self-centred arrogance that is mighty unappealing.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Premium Member

I missed the episode last night although I saw a clip of the blindside of Erik, good stuff, incredibly he was more of a jerk than Russell. . But can someone tell me why they decided to get rid of Erik, did Shambo release info that lead the others to believe he had the other HII? Thanks.

I really like Jaison. He seems to have a lot of integrity - quite a rarity in the game of Survivor. I didn't think Jaison was playing the race card, either.

I'm confused as I thought there's only 1 Hidden Immunity idol each season, yet both Russell and Erik had one. Hasn't ther just been 1 in seasons past?

I happen to like Shambo, though I do think she's shooting herself in the foot in so many respects; esp. with the girls. Can't stand Laura; same for Monica. I still can't tell the difference between the 2 blondes, though.

Even with next week's promo, I still think Russell will stay.
    I'm wondering, then, if those of us interested can sign a petition and send it to CBS that we want the guy off our screens STAT?!!
    I am just sick of this little guy. To me, he has a true Napoleon complex. He seemsto be a foot shorter than even the shortest male on the show. Overcompensating much?!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread