+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 11/5 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/5 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ArdisJ;3744335;
    Where's all our posters?
    Probably sick of the "Russell Show."

I know I almost didn't tune in but when I did I decided to count the number of times Russell was shown.

In the first half of the show Russell was shown in SIXTEEN separate scenes.

That does NOT include the number of reactions shots they showed of Russell when anyone said something like in a conversation or at the challenge or in TC.

If they don't stop doing all this next week I will stop watching.

It's pathetic to give ONE contestant that much air and face time when there are so many contestants we barely even know.

It's not like he's saying anything we hven't heard 20+ times before.

______________________________ _

ETA--Broadway--hi--I had the very same reaction you did when they said "Kelly"--I said out loud-"WHO?"

See my count of Russell scenes to explain why we know almost NOTHING about Galu.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 11-06-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Fantastic, and well deserved, blindside. Now that's how to make a TC interesting.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3744616;
    That is the nature of a group of young women with an older woman, and she should get over it, like older women all over the world do. Part of the reason they are making something of a pariah of her is because she is so freakin' hypersensitive. Despite her general ineptness, they probably wouldn't have as much of a problem with her if she wasn't always pulling the poor, poor pitiful me card. That is just asking for people to hate you. All that aside, Laura is a nasty bitch, though.
    Exactly!!! You are either part of the solution or part of the problem...and Shambo is part of her own problem. She'd be better off with a stronger sense of self and not bellyaching about high school issues. People only mess with you because they know that you will react. She's a person who really needs the approval of "buddies", and people can always control you if you have that mentality. And the guys are just playing her for a fool.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

I think it's clear that Russell's II was good, considering what Jeff said. We also know that any immunity idol that is not in someone's possession (or at least in their bag or whatever) officially belongs to no one and can be re-found by anyone. So it stands to reason, to me, that it doesn't matter whether you find the II at your own camp or at the other one, as long as you have it.

I thought the merge really made things interesting yesterday. Love seeing everyone scramble. I am starting to like Natalie a lot - she has more brains in that blond head than Russell and others think she does. The Erick move may have been Jaison's idea, but it was Natalie who made it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3744738;
    I think it's clear that Russell's II was good, considering what Jeff said. We also know that any immunity idol that is not in someone's possession (or at least in their bag or whatever) officially belongs to no one and can be re-found by anyone. So it stands to reason, to me, that it doesn't matter whether you find the II at your own camp or at the other one, as long as you have it.

I thought the merge really made things interesting yesterday. Love seeing everyone scramble. I am starting to like Natalie a lot - she has more brains in that blond head than Russell and others think she does. The Erick move may have been Jaison's idea, but it was Natalie who made it happen.
    Erik's reaction each time his name was read was "classic", he was blindsided which was terrific, I hope they can continue to shake things up and wise up to Russell's caniving ways...I love love love that they made him "play" his immunity idol, hopefully this will enlighten all of them to how much Russell has "played" every single person...this season may have just gotten interesting

Shambo's problem is Shambo--she's the one who didn't want to be a part of 90210, not that they didn't ask her to be. Not she bellyaches how she isn't tight with them. Plus we must remember-the guys don't like her either!! We don't get to see a lot of everyday like where people can rub others the wrong way but it seems to me if there's 10 players and 9 don't get along with one its most likely the one that has the problem, not the 9
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3744764;
    Shambo's problem is Shambo--she's the one who didn't want to be a part of 90210, not that they didn't ask her to be. Not she bellyaches how she isn't tight with them. Plus we must remember-the guys don't like her either!! We don't get to see a lot of everyday like where people can rub others the wrong way but it seems to me if there's 10 players and 9 don't get along with one its most likely the one that has the problem, not the 9
    I think the problem is that there's something about Shambo that makes you WANT to like her. I know that's true for me, and I've seen other people say something similar. She just seems like someone I want to root for. And yet, she's done pretty much nothing right. She lost the fishing gear and the chicken, she's arrogant about having friends at FoaFoa and about becoming leader, she doesn't know anyone's name, she's somehow the one "left out" of every tribal council decision, even when they TELL her what's going on, and she generally seems to be dumb as a rock. Oh, and no one (at least no one at Galu, where they've had to live with her) likes her at all. So why am I still looking for reasons to like her?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3744498;
    The only thing that really bugged me was when Eric was calling Jaison out on not doing much and Jaison starts in with how for 20 something years he's been fighting 'this' , etc. The disgusted look on Eric's face was telling. No one was being racial. I'm sick of the race card being an excuse. Jaison is a strong, intelligent man-- he should be stepping up his game. No matter what race he is. Irks methat he couldn't defend himself but had to use the same old excuse...

Otherwise-- GREAT episode! Really kept you guessing who was going home. Loved the blindside! And Russell really guessed wrong, in my opinion, and just gave up his immunity award. Couldn't keep his mouth shut about having it. I told my husband those girls would talk together and soon everyone would know he had it and was dealing with people at the same time. Not trustworthy behavior. But I do like to watch him work it! I hope he doesn't leave next week. He at least is playing the game.
    Yeah, I didn't hear anyone mention race during the Eric/Jaison exchange either. What I heard that was so appalling to me was Eric's tone with Jaison -- extremely condescending, like Eric held all the cards and Jaison had to measure up to Eric to continue living on 'his island/beach". Eric was just so certain of his numerical superiority he didn't consider he could possibly be in danger. Then, the blindside. Perfect.

OK, stupid question alert: Did Eric have a HII? Sorry, I haven't followed every episode of this season and I'm not nearly as good at the game strategy as you folks, but it occurred to me that maybe the reason that Russell played his HII was to keep Eric feeling secure of his safety, and guaranteeing that the blindside would work. That is, if Russell appeared certain of votes for himself, Eric wouldn't realize that he might get any votes. Also, Russell's HII was basically worthless at that point anyway, since so many knew he had it.

OK, stupid question alert: Did Eric have a HII? Yes
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3744773;
    OK, stupid question alert: Did Eric have a HII? Sorry, I haven't followed every episode of this season and I'm not nearly as good at the game strategy as you folks, but it occurred to me that maybe the reason that Russell played his HII was to keep Eric feeling secure of his safety, and guaranteeing that the blindside would work. That is, if Russell appeared certain of votes for himself, Eric wouldn't realize that he might get any votes. Also, Russell's HII was basically worthless at that point anyway, since so many knew he had it.
    yes, eric had a HII.

the rest of your reasoning doesn't hold though, because the idol is played AFTER votes are cast. i mean, playing it might have gotten a bigger reaction from eric as he was blindsided, but it didn't DO anything you know?
    _(Moo!)

+ Reply to Thread