+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 93

Thread: 10/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

  1. #81
    FORT Fogey Coco46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    977

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ;3739749;
    Russell can charm his way into alliances now, but that's only because everyone that he's befriended and then trashed has left the show. Once we have a jury that has been snarked by him it will be harder for him to win. He can pull all these games now, but it will be tougher going as the products of his manipulation begin to linger on in the form of those deciding his ultimate fate!
    Exactly! He has made enemies of those that have been voted out so far (who don't count) and will make enemies of those that do count as they become part of the jury. I still can't figure out what his game play will be in the end.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

  2. #82
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,798

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ;3739749;
    Russell can charm his way into alliances now, but that's only because everyone that he's befriended and then trashed has left the show. Once we have a jury that has been snarked by him it will be harder for him to win. He can pull all these games now, but it will be tougher going as the products of his manipulation begin to linger on in the form of those deciding his ultimate fate!
    So true! Those he's targeted have immediately been tossed from the game, and for some reason none of them saw the value of outing him before they went, so everyone still thinks he's OK or thinks they are in a tight alliance with him and he'd never backstab them. If only someone had let it all fly at the TC, then maybe people would be a little more suspicious of him.

    But when the merge happens, these people will remember everything and will know what he's said and done. I hope it comes back to bite him in the butt, but I have a scary feeling he may play the "I outwitted every one of you, so give me the $$ based on gameplay" card and he'll walk away with the cash. Ugh.

  3. #83
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,517

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    At the beginning of the show after the four men of Galu discussed bringing Shambo on as their fifth wheel and then burning her, was it Dave who said "it's for the bros not the hos"? That was mean, nasty and downright hateful. This person is the true villain of this season of the Russell Show. (Oh, is it still named Survivor?)

    Was it Kelly (blonde bitter thing on Galu) who was making all those cracks about Shambo. Too bad no one put a hook through her face during the challenge, that way her ugly exterior would match her ugly interior.

    Jaison, Osten's twin brother.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-30-2009 at 09:10 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  4. #84
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,995

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3739835;
    At the beginning of the show after the four men of Galu discussed bringing Shambo on as their fifth wheel and then burning her, was it Dave who said "it's for the bros not the hos"? That was mean, nasty and downright hateful. This person is the true villain of this season of the Russell Show. (Oh, is it still named Survivor?)

    Was it Kelly (blonde bitter thing on Galu) who was making all those cracks about Shambo. Too bad no one put a hook through her face during the challenge, that way her ugly exterior would match her ugly interior.

    Jaison, Osten's twin brother.
    No, I think you are being too hard on Jaison. He's not an empty headed body builder. He got those muscles in sports, he can really swim, and he put out a lot of effort early on. And he's smart enough and insightful enough to be upset with his performance. Osten had none of that...he's in a class by himself.

    I also really dislike that bros before hos line....always so tempted to reply chicks before ... one of two options that rhymes with ..icks. Not sure if either is quite PG-13.

  5. #85
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,798

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3739835;
    At the beginning of the show after the four men of Galu discussed bringing Shambo on as their fifth wheel and then burning her, was it Dave who said "it's for the bros not the hos"? That was mean, nasty and downright hateful.
    That was downright disgusting. I gasped, and then of course my 9 year old daughters asked me what I was upset about...try explaining that to your kids. All I could manage was that he referred to the women on his tribe in an ugly and disrespectful way, and that no man should ever talk about women that way. GRRRRRRR

  6. #86
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    I missed hearing Dave say that but given his attitude to Shambo I don't doubt he said it.

    Do we really need this many sexist men on one show?

    Do they go looking for these disgusting types?

  7. #87
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3739635;
    Yeah, but the focus is on him because it HAS TO BE. Nobody else, as you say is playing.

    So I think the proper target for the frustration shouldn't be on the focus on him as much as the fact that the other players are such nits that there's really no other place to point the camera and actually see a brain working, or a person not spouting inane garbage, or sleeping, or doing yoga, or scratching their @ss, or nattering like an idiot, or some other garbage.
    I agree. If anything else was going on we would definately see it. Editing creates the story and all who align and scheme make the cut. The women on Foa Foa and perhaps Galu (who are they anyway?) are the dullest group we have ever seen.

    Natalie saved herself from Russels hatchet by bonding with the visiting Galu woman unbeknownst to her. I got a kick out of that. Russel is definately calling the shots and I look forward to his manipulation after the merge next week.

  8. #88
    FORT Fogey Coco46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    977

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3739982;
    I agree. If anything else was going on we would definately see it. Editing creates the story and all who align and scheme make the cut. The women on Foa Foa and perhaps Galu (who are they anyway?) are the dullest group we have ever seen.

    Natalie saved herself from Russels hatchet by bonding with the visiting Galu woman unbeknownst to her. I got a kick out of that. Russel is definately calling the shots and I look forward to his manipulation after the merge next week.


    I like a manipulator in this game but not an arrogant one and the other men are disgusting with their feelings about women.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

  9. #89
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,995

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3740064;
    [/B]

    I like a manipulator in this game but not an arrogant one and the other men are disgusting with their feelings about women.
    Russell and Dave for sure re women. I haven't seen Jaison or the other Foa Foa guy speak that way. In fact I recall Jaison criticizing Ben for how he spoke to/about Yasmin re her gender. The other Galu men went along with Dave but you know how it is on Survivor, everyone's a coward afraid to make waves. Except Jaison. (And of course the departed Foa Foas.)

  10. #90
    The First And The Best pawpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Michigan, U.S.A
    Posts
    2,176

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    FYI some cut sences

    Mick left Liz to watch his drying pants over the fire and she let them burn by accident

    Galu almost didn't get their food reward on the sail boat because they all got seasick
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

    Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.