+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 10/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

With the merge, they can now focus on evicting the stronger players. Mick might end up being the swing vote if he parts rank with RH. Since Foa Foa is down to so fewer players, Galu has the option of gradually voting them out, so RH has to quickly take the disenfranchised Galu ladies under his wing. Laura has apparently already signed up for Team Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3739598;
    I, too, am frustrated with the the focus on Russell. Yes, he is a conniving galoot, but it would be nice to see if ANYONE else thinks about true strategy.
    Yeah, but the focus is on him because it HAS TO BE. Nobody else, as you say is playing.

So I think the proper target for the frustration shouldn't be on the focus on him as much as the fact that the other players are such nits that there's really no other place to point the camera and actually see a brain working, or a person not spouting inane garbage, or sleeping, or doing yoga, or scratching their @ss, or nattering like an idiot, or some other garbage.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3739594;
    Yul was a really nice guy, that's for sure. He was pretty smart as well. I think Russel is smart, wily, but at some point somebody has to wake up and see he's playing everyone. Didn't Monica (was it here, I can't remember who the Galu people are!) wonder why Russell was IMMEDIATELY trying to form a F2 with her? I mean, c'mon. That's a wee bit fishy to me. A secret alliance for post-merge, sure, but a sudden F2 pact?
    I think he played the good Christian card in more detail than we've seen and that's why the F2 pact made sense... him, the son of a preacher man, and her the youth pastor who thinks women shouldn't be pastors.... FYI, it was Laura, who I had thought seemed to be a little smart... Russell S. seemed to think she might be running things behind his back. But noooo....
    The thing is, in their comments his teammates all seem to like Russell...they don't see the Russell we see, so I"m sure he'll suck in Monica as well. The only way he won't get Shambo is that she doesn't like the other women (and vice versa) so if she sees him allied with them he won't get her. On the other hand none of his minions seem to have a clue about his other allies. So maybe she falls as well. I"d hope she'd be loyal to the guys she thinks chose her as a leader, but maybe not.

I like it when a villain emerges from the group, not when they are recruited and cast to be a villain. There has been so much air time spent on Russell that I still don't know the names of all the Galu tribe.

I agree with the poster upthread who said they need to stop casting models and hollywood wannabes. I'd rather see real people, like in season 1.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Right, more people like Russell S. who really wanted to be on the show.

Did Russell Hate (someone said this before season started and that's what I think of everytime!) try to get on the show himself, or did they cast him??

Daddy is a preacher ... I would love to have a list of all his questionable statements. Okay, lies.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

JMO, but it seems on this board that there has been a diminishing number of posts and diminishing number of people online to watch live as this season goes on.

I blame this on TPTB and the editting. For whatever reasons, they decided that they needed the ultimate villain
    Click to see Spoiler:
    (probably to get another villain for AllStars)
    and cast for that. I guess they think that most viewers want to watch those like Russell H, but not me.

Almost the same for the valley girls (ugh), and Laura (double ugh). Did anyone catch her face after the new chief vote? What a shining example of Christianity.

Obviously most of this is editted out of context and sequence, but for quite a while I have been thinking that the only redeeming factor of this show is the nature photography. But curiously, no one seems to ever mention that!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3739635;
    Yeah, but the focus is on him because it HAS TO BE. Nobody else, as you say is playing.

So I think the proper target for the frustration shouldn't be on the focus on him as much as the fact that the other players are such nits that there's really no other place to point the camera and actually see a brain working, or a person not spouting inane garbage, or sleeping, or doing yoga, or scratching their @ss, or nattering like an idiot, or some other garbage.
    My own opinion is that we don't know that for sure.

We only know about R's "game" because that's ALL we've been shown.

We only recently learned about the guy alliance on Galu--because until recently we hadn't been shown anything about Galu.

Who knows how much else we haven't been shown?

IMO it's not scientific to make assumptions based on info that we do not yet have.

IMO only.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3739727;
    JMO, but it seems on this board that there has been a diminishing number of posts and diminishing number of people online to watch live as this season goes on.

I blame this on TPTB and the editting. For whatever reasons, they decided that they needed the ultimate villain
    Click to see Spoiler:
    (probably to get another villain for AllStars)
    and cast for that. I guess they think that most viewers want to watch those like Russell H, but not me.

Almost the same for the valley girls (ugh)
    Agreed, 200%.

Russell can charm his way into alliances now, but that's only because everyone that he's befriended and then trashed has left the show. Once we have a jury that has been snarked by him it will be harder for him to win. He can pull all these games now, but it will be tougher going as the products of his manipulation begin to linger on in the form of those deciding his ultimate fate!

+ Reply to Thread