+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 10/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

To the Point

Re: 10/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Krom, you are so right! At this point the only one I can even imagine liking on Galu is Shambo, and she hasn't played the smartest game. I just have a soft spot for her.

Dave- Jerk in the biggest sense of the word.

Laura - Did she really think it wouldn't be her or Monica going to foa foa? Get real

Monica - same as above.

Mick for foa foa- Haven't seen any great stategic moves but he needs to stay just because he's pretty.

they need to stop recruiting models and start picking through the people who have applied. i mean, i understand they want good looking people but jeez, two or three lookers per season would suffice. i want to see people who are there to PLAY and not to whine. jeez. i wish i could see someone see russell's game and attempt to fight it. hopefully the galu men will not be as dense as foa foa has been

definitely bring on the allstars
    _(Moo!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3739285;
    Russell is mad because they are costing him a Million dollars -- that is his fun money!

Our fellow viewiers are probably watching the World Series!
    I switch over to the World Series game whenever they have Russell yammering away again.

I've seen a LOT of the game.

I am sooo sick of R's face on my tv screen.

They're making it look like he's "in charge" of something when he is not.

of course he may think he is--in his own mind.

And now he's COMPLAINING about his tribe?

He's the one mowing them down--what does he expect--that what's left after he shoved the strongest people out will help him "win" anything?

What a stooopid--and hypocritical--nasty little guy.

BTW--whenever I see him I think--"He looks like someone who smells funny when you have to stand next to him."

Thank goodness we don't have Smell-o-vision.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 10-30-2009 at 08:58 AM.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just rewatched Tribal Council from last night.

Russell sits there with that smirk on his face and says that "no one is going to outwit me." Then they all start talking about how their TRUST for each other is the core of the tribe, even though they're losing challenges.

Hey people. WAKE UP! The man is now flat out telling you he's a liar, and you're not getting it. And next week, he gets to start his machinations with a whole new group of people.

In my perfect world, NO ONE should win this year. All but one of them are too stupid to win the million - and the other one shouldn't get it because he's such a jerk.

The sad thing about Russell is, I think I'm becoming numbed to his toolishness. I've heard all the crap every week, ad nauseum, until the edge of it is starting to wear off a little bit for me. I still wince at his horrible sexist comments and puffed up delusions of grandeur, but at the same time I find myself kind of cheering him on a bit when he says that things will turn around for Foa Foa, and when he talks about what a bunch of whiners they all are. At least he's trying to play the game!! When Jaison and Liz were sort of talking last night, I'm thinking DO SOMETHING STRATEGIC! MAKE A PLAN!! Nope. They just talked about how it sucks to keep losing. Ugh.

What I wouldn't give to have seen Rob M and Russell on the same show, same team. Now THAT would be entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3739429;
    I can't believe he seems to be sucking in Laura as well...what IS his charm? I wonder if Laura will compare notes with the Foa Foans as to Russell and his family... and being a survivor of Katrina with just him and his dog and all.
    What would be funny is one of the standard challenges of how well do you know the other players. Jeff could really sabotage RH with a well chosen question, LOL.

RH reads people really well. And I have to admire his physical and emotional resiliency during the extended deluge.

It should be interesting next week when the tribes merge. I wonder if the Galu people will be as stupid as the Foa Foa's as far as Russell is concerned? My guess is yes. I would hate to think of Russell making it to the end!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3739548;
    The sad thing about Russell is, I think I'm becoming numbed to his toolishness. I've heard all the crap every week, ad nauseum, until the edge of it is starting to wear off a little bit for me. I still wince at his horrible sexist comments and puffed up delusions of grandeur, but at the same time I find myself kind of cheering him on a bit when he says that things will turn around for Foa Foa, and when he talks about what a bunch of whiners they all are. At least he's trying to play the game!! When Jaison and Liz were sort of talking last night, I'm thinking DO SOMETHING STRATEGIC! MAKE A PLAN!! Nope. They just talked about how it sucks to keep losing. Ugh.

What I wouldn't give to have seen Rob M and Russell on the same show, same team. Now THAT would be entertaining!

I agree. Last night when I was watching them whine I was saying out loud--"DO something! Be PRO-active! Don't just lay back and RE-act!"

They onl needed ONE more person to vote R off. And yet they did nothing--or nothing that we've been shown.

It's possbile that the people in Foa Foa are not as ineffective as we are being shown.

Maybe the show just wants to build up toi a big dramatic "showdown with Russell" episode.

BTW--there is NO need to be as nasty and brutish and sexist as R is being.

Yul certainly did the exact opposite and he won the whole thing.

IMO R is only using the show as an excuse for his usual rotten self.

IMO only of course--based on what we've been shown of R.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3739567;
    BTW--there is NO need to be as nasty and brutish and sexist as R is being.

Yul certainly did the exact opposite and he won the whole thing.

Yul was a really nice guy, that's for sure. He was pretty smart as well. I think Russel is smart, wily, but at some point somebody has to wake up and see he's playing everyone. Didn't Monica (was it here, I can't remember who the Galu people are!) wonder why Russell was IMMEDIATELY trying to form a F2 with her? I mean, c'mon. That's a wee bit fishy to me. A secret alliance for post-merge, sure, but a sudden F2 pact?

I, too, am frustrated with the the focus on Russell. Yes, he is a conniving galoot, but it would be nice to see if ANYONE else thinks about true strategy. The Galu Guys are coming closer, but the women this year stink at it. For all her Marine sergeant stuff, Shambo really is dumb and distanced from her tribe. We'll see what happens at the merge - whether she'll fall for Russell's baloney, or whether the Galu Guys can keep her reigned in. She may turn out to be the swing vote this season - heaven forfend. Let's see...Russell's harem against the Galu Guys...that could last at least three more episodes, or until Jeff's foretelling of blindsides becomes fact.

+ Reply to Thread