+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

In orther words the spoilers about Russell "having a seizure" were incorrect?

Maybe we shouldn't put so much faith in those spoilers?

Russell was down and treated for 45 minutes--we saw @ 4-5 minutes max, who knows what they showed and didn't show us. If they had showed him flopping around in a seizure people would of said that was too much.
    Last edited by pawpaw; 10-23-2009 at 08:22 PM.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3734765;
    Again, I wouldn't say that's so true of Liz. She's smart, and trying, but she's also nervous about offending Russell further as he was so threatening to her, and the guys seem to often follow him.

And Russell seems to be hinting that Jaison is no longer on his A list. True, we see a lot (editing?) of Jaison moaning, but I think it dates back to when J didn't go along with Russell at tribal council and dumped Ben.
    But I agree, Russell so far is only to their face rude (and scary) to the women.
    i think liz's mistake is that she is assuming the tribe needs physically strong players to win challenges and therefore keep players in the game. she's approaching it wrong. SHE should be aligning with natalie and maybe mick to form a voting alliance that would keep them in the game until the merge, or until a tribe rebalancing.

i mean, early on, yes, vote out your physical weak link. but when the numbers are 5 vs. 9, rethink your strategy and just stay alive because SOMEONE from your tribe has to survive being voted out, so you'd best be sure it's you.

in short - she's a better player than riding-the-coattails natalie, but her strategy still has a fatal flaw and she will not win
    _(Moo!)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree her strategy is only good for the short term. The problem with trying to align against Russell is that stupid Natalie thinks he's her ally as do the guys. And he is so strong the guys won't vote him out because they "need" him (although we are getting close enough to the merge...if there were any "players" there they would be thinking about getting rid of post merge rivals soon). She'd have a really hard sell. I think she is just hoping to make it to merge without crossing Russell any more...and by being able to make the argument that she's better in challenges than Nat. So if she tries to go behind Russell directly she'll rev him up and make ti harder for the other guys to support her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3734794;
    In orther words the spoilers about Russell "having a seizure" were incorrect?

Maybe we shouldn't put so much faith in those spoilers?

Russell was down and treated for 45 minutes--we saw @ 4-5 minutes max, who knows what they showed and didn't show us. If they had showed him flopping around in a seizure people would of said that was too much.

Not all seizures look like that--"flopping around." You're possibly thinking of grand mal seizures which often are rather dramatic looking.

Petit mal seizures look and sound very different.

Russell quite obviously had neither.

If he'd had anything even slightly resembling a seizure they would have whisked him out of there immediately. To have done anything less--like dithering around for 45 minutes without evacuating him to the nearest medical treatment facility--would have opened them up to lawsuits.

Russell collapsed from overexertion plus whatever underlying health problem he had going in that was undetected.

The point is--anyone can say "seizure" in blogs anywhere--and Jeff can be scared spitless--but it is only the facts of Russell's condition--his symptoms and physical signs--that count.

To some observers like the non-medical bloggers found online anything untoward might look like a "seizure"--but to medical personnel Russell's condition and the specific event had nothing to do with seizures and everything to do with the environment he'd been living in for a number of days plus his underlying and previously undiscovered health problem.

I ddoubt we'll ever know what that is--there is such a thing as privacy when it comes to medical situations--

--but no one should think they've seen someone having a seizure--either petit mal or grand mal--from watching Russell collapse.

My thoughts and prayers are with him for a full recovery now that his health situation has come to the attention of appropriate medical personnel.

ETA--Jeff is obviously a wuss when it comes to emergency situations.

I wonder how loudly he squeals when he sees a mouse?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3734445;
    I think you have to add Liz to the exceptions...she is really trying to demonstrate her worth. Just her bad luck to be on a team with Russell H. who targets anyone, and especially any woman, who stands up to him.
    Maybe I have not been paying that close attention since the editing is showing us Russell predominantly. Liz may be working to shine to her team but none of these women took charge out of the gate when they noticed the male female split on their team. And not one of them shared info about Russell apporaching them for an alliance. I have seen zero stratedgy from any of them. They didnt even make an alliance with each other!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re a female alliance.. I sadly agree. It's as if they think they have to be buddies to be allies with another woman...or as if they think being allied with Russell is enough. The two blondes were friends/allies, but it didn't seem as if they ever thought of asking Liz to join them. Maybe they saw Liz as closer to the guys than they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3734734;
    So far it's only been women that he's dissed and made disrespectful sexist remarks about.

...because they're the only ones who have turned against him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3735446;
    ...because they're the only ones who have turned against him.
    Not really.

They're the ones who have figured out who he really is.

But that makes them smart--not stupid. And it doesd NOT give him the right to be disrespectful.

Has anyone heard him say anything specifically disrespectful about any specific man?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3735455;
    Not really.

But that makes them smart--not stupid. And it doesd NOT give him the right to be disrespectful.

Has anyone heard him say anything specifically disrespectful about any specific man?
    He's been pretty negative about Jaison whining, behind his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3735455;
    [/B]
    From their exit interviews not one of them has had a clue about him--he's a real nice guy.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread