+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 10/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3734416;
    There is no reason for anyone to become dehydrated! It happens every season though most are not removed from the game. They have access to water so I don't get it. Russell's ego didn't allow him to sit out this challenge and that is just not smart; he knew he was weak and not feeling well. He also made a huge mistake in not taking the tarp in lieu of pillows and blankets on that reward challenge awhile back. Note to future castaways: If they are offering a tarp they know something you do not. Take it. A tarp would not even be offered in the desert.

Yes, indeed, what a boring show.

Shambo excluded I don't think we have ever seen such weak women on a cast. They are just sitting there waiting to be plucked.
    I think you have to add Liz to the exceptions...she is really trying to demonstrate her worth. Just her bad luck to be on a team with Russell H. who targets anyone, and especially any woman, who stands up to him.

Boy, I could NOT have been the caller in that challenge...get carsick, seasick, airsick way too easily.

Thanks to all the input on what Jeff actually said....I didn't tape it so unless someone did I guess we will have to wait for the summary from the mod for a resolution.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3734438;
    Before the challenge, Jeff said both teams would attend TC and the winning tribe would eat hot pizza in front of the losing tribe. After the challenge was interrupted by RS' collapse, Jeff said both tribes would attend TC and each vote someone out. At the end of TC Jeff said there would be no vote. So Jeff changed the rules twice.
    Jeff said at the beginning of the challenge that someone from each tribe would be voted out. I remember because I was thinking....then what's the point of this challenge...then he said they were playing for pizza.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3734446;
    Jeff said at the beginning of the challenge that someone from each tribe would be voted out.
    I just replayed it. You're right, he said both would go to TC, both would vote someone out, and the losing tribe would watch the "winning" tribe eat hot pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3734446;
    Jeff said at the beginning of the challenge that someone from each tribe would be voted out. I remember because I was thinking....then what's the point of this challenge...then he said they were playing for pizza.
    And not just any pizza - HOT! pizza.

Regarding everyone huddling or seeking shelter, after five days of continuous cold downpour, survival becomes about retaining body heat - not expending it through exercise. For instance, Dr. Mick found a spot in the tree hollow that radiated some body heat back to him.

More than one person flinched when they heard thunder and saw the rain start again during tribal council. I wonder if anyone will ask to leave because they've reached the end of their emotional rope? I also wonder how many crew members have refused bribes for their jackets or headgear?

I did notice that there was to be only one challenge this week - reward of sorts without immunity. Was this a nod to the weather conditions? The challenge, though, certainly did not cater to weakened players as it was both physical and mental.

Jeff was shaken when Russell S. went down. I wonder if he feared he was to witness the first Survivor death? How many days of extreme weather condition have they set as the limit before they supply the teams with tarps and space blankets? Though next week it looks sunny as Russell once again begins his King of the World campaign.

The four guys on Galu have tightened into an alliance...they will not bring Shambo in, but will include her in their decisions so they can have one more vote when needed. Their main goal is to breakup a seminal female alliance before the merge. On Foa Foa, there is only Russell and his multiple alliances of one. I truly hope Liz can fend him off a while longer.

Insider sence: Mick from Foa Foa explaining to his tribe what was going on with Russell S.

Russell at Galu, he was volume deplete, he was dehydrated, and performing strenuous exercises. He's sweating and his heart is trying to pump all that fluid aroud and maintain a decent pressure, blood pressure, to profuse his head, so his brain has some blood to keep things going. When that drops he could no longer maintain consciousness becaue of that. Dehydration, strenuous exercise, those things combined, you just...you can only, they're essentially a bunch of pipes, and if you can't keep them filled up with fluid, the presure goes out of them, and you're just drained, and night night. Out you go."

PS. Russell said if Galu won RC he was sending Shamboo again to miss the reward!

They were working on Russell for 45 minutes before they made the decision to pull him.
    Last edited by pawpaw; 10-23-2009 at 11:38 AM.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3734492;
    Insider sence: Mick from Foa Foa explaining to his tribe what was going on with Russell S.

Russell at Galu, he was volume deplete, he was dehydrated, and performing strenuous exercises. He's sweating and his heart is trying to pump all that fluid aroud and maintain a decent pressure, blood pressure, to profuse his head, so his brain has some blood to keep things going. When that drops he could no longer maintain consciousness becaue of that. Dehydration, strenuous exercise, those things combined, you just...you can only, they're essentially a bunch of pipes, and if you can't keep them filled up with fluid, the presure goes out of them, and you're just drained, and night night. Out you go."

PS. Russell said if Galu won RC he was sending Shamboo again to miss the reward!
    They were working on Russell for 45 minutes before they made the decision to pull him.
    Wow... talk about guarenteeing that she will jump ship---and never ever vote for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3734483;
    And not just any pizza - HOT! pizza.
    DH & I laughed because Jeff said "...hot PIPING pizza."
    What the heck is piping pizza anyway.

So many people these days seem to get on this show simply because they were recruited. Russell was somene who campaigned for a long time to get on. How sad to have to leave the way he did.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3734216;
    Well, I don't have to listen to Russell justify he a$$ poor leadership decisions anymore or listen to his whinny little voice. Yeah, Shambo is safe. Monica is an idiot. Shambo is not your enemy, everyone wants you gone because you suck at challenges. Maybe we should introduce Monica to Casey over on RW/RR:The Ruins?

Can anyone tell me how the tribes can be so dehydrated in the middle of a 5 day continuous rainstorm?

Thank you for saying this! I shrieked when I heard that.

Are they really so dumb they can't stand in the rain with their mouths open?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3734317;
    I thought I heard Jeff say, BEFORE Russell passed out, that both teams would vote someone out, but one would get to eat pizza....and watch the other team vote. Then I thought the losers would leave and the winning team would do their vote.
    But some of you seem to be implying that only after Russell went down did that happen?
    And then Jeff changed his mind...

On the being cold topic...yes, I think Russell H's extra pounds are helping him, both with insulation and energy, but you'll notice there are a lot fewer of those pounds than at the start of the season when we were all lamenting his clothing choices and the gut revealed. The Survivor Diet strikes again.

I was surprised that nice Russell was able to make fire at all in that downpour and keep it going. And why do they not take down that hammock and lay it over the roof of their hut?
    If they can't figure out how to get water from a continuous five day rainstorm--then I'm guessing they don't have enough brain cells to figure out how to keep dry either.

They are truly pathetic.

ETA--Russell's fire minding/saving efforts reminded me of how basic and grinding life was for the people who originally inhabited those islands.

I'll bet they didn't whine that way but were thrilled to have a place to live that gave them so much sustenence.

+ Reply to Thread