+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 10/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 10/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

You can always tell which tribe is going to lose the challenge by how much camera time they get. We watched them asking... who's that?

Dumb move to vote of Yasmin, but these people are living so easy they're forgetting about game play.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;3725074;
    You can always tell which tribe is going to lose the challenge by how much camera time they get. We watched them asking... who's that?

Dumb move to vote of Yasmin, but these people are living so easy they're forgetting about game play.
    What game play? The only one playing this game is Russell. The rest of them are dumb as dirt and some just mean rabid dogs. This is what happens when casting recruits people for their looks. This is a really pathetic group of people.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I wonder if a strategy should be to find out how much the contestants really know about Survivor. As a group it might be easier to bamboozle the recruited pretty faces.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

This was the first year I heard anything about recruitment (though this is also the first time I've ever taken part in any discussion with anyone else about this show). I think it's crummy to do that with so many people wanting to be on this show applying over and over.

The "reality" in "reality TV" is disappearing more and more and more and more. I know editing has been a major game going back to The Real World, arguably the start of the Reality TV genre. But it's gotten so out of hand, along with things like recruitment, planting moles, etc.

I stopped watching sitcoms years ago, and if it weren't for the fact that I can't get ANY reception in the house I'm renting using rabbit ears, I wouldn't even have cable. Reality TV shows are nearly all I watch, and even those shows are starting to drop off my "must see/record" list with shenanigans like this.

Pretty soon I'll be down to Heroes, CSI Miami, Fringe and SYTYCD (I'll never give up my vicarious life through those dancers...).

I hope the networks learn from the mistakes of this year and improve next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3725186;
    What game play? The only one playing this game is Russell. The rest of them are dumb as dirt and some just mean rabid dogs. This is what happens when casting recruits people for their looks. This is a really pathetic group of people.
    ITA. I am so tired of hearing contestants say:
    -I'm ready to go
    -I want to quit
    -I was ready to leave
    -I had no idea how to play the game
    -I had no strategy

There must be thousands of crazy fans who apply for this show and would get in and play like Russell this season (with a clear game plan, actually trying to strategize and win)...now that would be entertaining! Where do they find some of these idiots?

+ Reply to Thread