+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/01 Show Thread

Re: 10/01 Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3716394;
    Are tribal councils still every third day? If so, with the combined reward/immunity challenges there is more downtime in between and more opportunity to be useful around camp. I thought it might be to recover from the very physical challenges, but maybe starting with 20 players they are more often.
    TC is usually every third day, but with such a large cast they have to condense some things. Hence why Ben was voted out on day 8 instead of day 9.

I prefer the combined challenges. I don't watch Survivor for the challenges. I watch for the scheming!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3716596;
    I don't watch Survivor for the challenges. I watch for the scheming!
    Me too!

FORT Fogey

About Ben--an appropriate response of a thoughtful person when having it pointed out to him that his comments could be racist--would have been--"I didn't mean them that way but I am sorry if I inadvertently upset someone by my thoughtless remarks."

The fact the he DEFENDED his "ghetto" statements shows me that Jaison really had Ben's number and just handed him the rope and let him hang himself.

I am hoping that Jaison the lawyer--and Mike the doctor--put their educated and potentially savvy heads together and come up with an equally slick way to slide Russell on out of there.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The look on Jeff Probst's face when he told Ben "The tribe has spoken," was nothing short of disgust.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I haven't been participating much in the discussion for this season. And I really don't know why, because I'm actually liking this season so far. Every time I feel like I'm getting bored... BAM! Something exciting happens.

I hated Ben so much, but I have to admit that he brought many memorable moments. The last TC will go down as one of the most memorable TCs ever.

But I must say, there's a little too much focus on Russell, just like there was on Coach last season. And there's way too little of Galu. The editors can't seem to get it right nowadays. They got it right in the past, like with Pearl Islands. Jonny Fairplay was definitely the standout villain, but not all the attention was focused on him. The editing for casts of 20 people have been off-balance. And who is there to root for? The people I was rooting for (Marisa and Betsy) turned out to be the first two boots. The editors need to start highlighting more people of this cast, because I need a favorite fast! Ashley, Jaison, and Natalie are rising up there though.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just a note about Jeff's PS at the end of the show... that if people want to help the Samoans after the earthquakes and tsunami waves they should go to the Red Cross websites. I did that, but would like to direct my donation to that specific area (not that the people of the Phillipines, etc., etc., are any less worthy, just want to focus my contribution in this case), but don't see any way to do that. Does anyone know how to make sure it goes where I want it to? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3717867;
    Just a note about Jeff's PS at the end of the show... that if people want to help the Samoans after the earthquakes and tsunami waves they should go to the Red Cross websites. I did that, but would like to direct my donation to that specific area (not that the people of the Phillipines, etc., etc., are any less worthy, just want to focus my contribution in this case), but don't see any way to do that. Does anyone know how to make sure it goes where I want it to? Thanks!
    If you google "EW Jeff Probst blog" you should get to the Entertainment Weekly were Jeff is posting a weekly blog. Check the right side box for the link to the week 3 episode and it should get you to the correct blog. He states there that if you say Red Cross Samoa it should be directed to the relief effort in that area. But Please check that site as I think there was some info at the end of the blog.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3718189;
    If you google "EW Jeff Probst blog" you should get to the Entertainment Weekly were Jeff is posting a weekly blog. Check the right side box for the link to the week 3 episode and it should get you to the correct blog. He states there that if you say Red Cross Samoa it should be directed to the relief effort in that area. But Please check that site as I think there was some info at the end of the blog.
    Thanks so much, Bearcata!

Here is a link to a Ben interview: Survivor: Samoa’s Ben Browning: ‘I Hope Russell Wins!’ - PEOPLE TV Watch

I like this interview, especially where he says he turned the tables on Jaison logic at tribal council and that Jaison is the real racist. That comment and the nibbles he is getting for perphaps being a judge on Top Mixologist are quite funny. He also says he killed a chicken with his bare hands and he made a fake immunity idol and he and Russell put in the same place that Russell found his immunity idol.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3718482;
    he made a fake immunity idol and he and Russell put in the same place that Russell found his immunity idol.
    And yet Shambo didn't find it...

I'm really having trouble believing anything this guy says. Reconstructionist.

+ Reply to Thread