+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 9/24 Show Discussion

Re: 9/24 Show Discussion

I like the theory that they sent Yasmin just to get her out of their camp for a while.

It's not good strategy, but then perhaps the best strategy was to get her our of there so they could take a moment to think in silence.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Luckily for them she either had no tribe secrets to divulge or Ben was such an ass that she didn't get a chance to do so. I just would need to keep a loose cannon like her in my sights even if she is annoying me to death. Then again, I don't have to live with her out in the woods now do I? Maybe they sent her hoping for a twist where they would get to keep her. Yasmine...the gift that keeps on giving-lol.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;3712071;
    Huge late reply but posting my thoughts like I sometimes do anyways.

Foa Foa is a joke of a team. Russell is an idiot - he's sabotaging his group and voted off his own alliance. You don't just vote off an ally because they get suspicious. You only do that if you're paranoid, which apparantly he is. What if they merge with the other team having lost NONE? It could happen. Surprising that he found the idol though. And most irrational tribal ever, can't believe Ben is still there. Like I said though - Russell is there to gimp his team. And the host said "6 days in, 3 members down, something has got to be not right."

Jasmine is on crack. That is how you NOT play the game. She was in the PERFECT situation - first person to travel to another tribe, chance for first impression, chance to observe and make notes about other team, power in wielding this information over others, and chance to form an alliance with somebody of the opposite team (forget that's it's found, they didn't know that). But what does she do? Tries to act all Coachy while insulting them and getting into an argument with Ben. I'm not even sure what her point is. And back at camp she said that "who invented loving the outdoors?" quote which you don't say if you want to stay in the game! It's an outdoors game and that makes her look like she can't deal. If she and Russell are still around at the merge, he's gonna go full blast to axe her, and I think Foa Foa would be totally behind him.

Shambo - OMG, way to orchestrate yourself from the group. If age difference and funky name wasn't enough, now you BREAK and LOSE the stuff they won from the challenge, stuff they need to eat!? If I was on Galu, I would have her head at tribal council.
    I agree, and it seems like her teammates do as well, but that presupposes they ever GET to tribal council! So far not seeming likely as we've barely seen this team...which usually means they keep winning.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Since the most interesting character continues to be Russell, I don't see us getting too familiar with the other tribe any time soon...unless they lose the next immunity challenge and have to sweat out who to vote off the island.

The "rules" are coming into play this year, so whether Russell legally found an immunity idol will make for an interesting show down should he try to play it. The clue message given to the visiting tribe member states the immunity idol is in the opposing camp...so as many have wondered...what happens if you find the idol in your own camp?

Yasmin got so wrapped up in her own personal concerns that she didn't pay attention to the clues (maybe she didn't even know what they meant?) and her self-absorption and non-game play will catch up with her as soon as her tribe loses a challenge...unless...Shambo is viewed as a weaker link. The oldest of the Foa Foa have been voted off or taken out, and Shambo is next in line on the age list.

Hmm...once the spotlight is off Russell and his cleaver play, maybe the tribes will come into focus.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3714245;
    Since the most interesting character continues to be Russell, I don't see us getting too familiar with the other tribe any time soon...unless they lose the next immunity challenge and have to sweat out who to vote off the island.

The "rules" are coming into play this year, so whether Russell legally found an immunity idol will make for an interesting show down should he try to play it. The clue message given to the visiting tribe member states the immunity idol is in the opposing camp...so as many have wondered...what happens if you find the idol in your own camp?

Yasmin got so wrapped up in her own personal concerns that she didn't pay attention to the clues (maybe she didn't even know what they meant?) and her self-absorption and non-game play will catch up with her as soon as her tribe loses a challenge...unless...Shambo is viewed as a weaker link. The oldest of the Foa Foa have been voted off or taken out, and Shambo is next in line on the age list.

Hmm...once the spotlight is off Russell and his cleaver play, maybe the tribes will come into focus.
    Dr. Freud strikes again!

I agree, that really describes his style...

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3714886;
    Dr. Freud strikes again!

I agree, that really describes his style...
    Jeez...me and the meaty cleaver vs. the mighty clever...again. But, maybe it was Freudian because his tactics are heavy handed; more like a chopping blow than a rapier thrust.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3715072;
    Jeez...me and the meaty cleaver vs. the mighty clever...again. But, maybe it was Freudian because his tactics are heavy handed; more like a chopping blow than a rapier thrust.
    You really cut to the heart of the issue there...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Regular

I consider myself a diehard Survivor Fan. I've never missed an episode, etc. And as much as I see the need for a villain or two in every good reality show's storyline, Russell's character goes too far for me. It's made the show unwatchable for me. So, until I see here on the FORT that he's been voted out, I'll be watching (and tivo'ing) something else on Thurs. at 8.

FORT Newbie

As someone above mentioned, Russell found the other teams idol. Like fake idols in the past, will they allow it if he tries to play it. Of course if it is not played before the merge, then does it still belong to a "tribe". So many questions so few answers.

It looks like when Survivor viewed the footage of this season, they felt there were not enough / any interesting characters, so they opted to go with the "Russell the villain" character. As a result, we're getting to see very little about anyone else. And, it's becoming prtty weary to see this guy. I prefer to see more of the social dynamics between the tribes as opposed to the "Russell show."
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread