+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 9/24 Show Discussion

Re: 9/24 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by law638;3711411;
    I have a question, in the past when someone was medically removed from a losing team, there was no eviction at tribal?
    That's how I remember it. But I wonder if he is really out, because usually Jeff updates the tribe or the entire group about the person's medical status and whether they are really gone.

Or TPTB realized they wouldn't have to use a lame twist to reduce this enlarged number of contestants in the time constraints of 39 days.

The challenges so far have seemed to emphasize physical performance, so perhaps they assumed that they would lose a few on the way outside of tribal council.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3711425;
    That's how I remember it. But I wonder if he is really out, because usually Jeff updates the tribe or the entire group about the person's medical status and whether they are really gone.
    He has given exit interviews--he is gone.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3710938;
    ITA.....though he did lose me somewhat after telling Jaison about finding the HI. That was stupid, IMO.
    In theory it could have worked. In the past, having the Immunity Idol has sometimes played out even better if it kind of leaks out that you MAY have it, but people aren't sure. Maybe that was his intent here?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3711425;
    The medic said they were removing him from the game.

I think they probably had planned a double eviction somewhere later in the game because they started with so many people. This probably eliminated the need for that.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Anyone else think Ben was incredibly stupid at Tribal Council. Even by some miracle he got to the final two or three I would never vote for him. He is pissing off people right and left.

What is wrong with Yasmin? That women has no game play or strategy.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just watched the tape and found myself unexpectedly sympathetic to Ben in his response to Yasmin.... I hate being attacked by someone who won't let you get a word in edgewise and just keeps repeating her/himself. I also admit I found it pretty hysterical that his point of attack was her grammar...how about that she is nuts? To say nothing of supremenly untactful. If she seemed smarter I'd say she was trying to set herself up as F2 partner, but it seems more like her natural state from what we saw. Plus she's so annoying even the big prize would seem hardly enough to endure her for a month....
    The whole ghetto trash comment set, especially in tribal council, with a visitor there who you KNOW will repeat it verbatim to the other team, was pretty dumb, as well as very un-PC. He's now managed to likely offend anyone the least bit sensitive to racism, classism ,etc., which is not just going to be the minority group players.
    I saw the blonde on the opposing team pop her eyes a bit at some of Ben's comments as well.... And loved Jeff's pullback when Ben called him a wimp.
    The only smart woman on the losing team is the one the team leader identified as smart...so far she has aligned herself with Russell H(orrible)...consulting and agreeing. She may not trust him, but she's not telling him that. I was surprised they didn't show Betsy trying to connect with her...then the 2 of them might have been able to talk sense into the blondes. I hate to stereotype blondes (natural or otherwise) but the 3 darker haired women on that team sure seem smarter than the two blondes. And the woman with the darkest hair is the smartest!

Practical question---after that game everyone shows up at TC all cleaned up, and the women with flowing locks....very clean looking hair on Betsy for example...and on one of the blondes who often piles her hair on top of her head in another shot. They already have shampoo?

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3711441;
    He has given exit interviews--he is gone.
    pawpaw I love your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3710834;
    It was stated on the Mike B thread that he'd been in trainiong for some time before the show began.

Nope. Otherwise he would have lost that big gut and his apparent heart/circulatory problems would have made an appearance during his training.

Also they still are calling Evil Russell an "oil company owner" when he just owns trucks that transport oil.

I'm beginning to wonder--does this show tell the truth about anyone?
    Yeap, he was scheduled to be on Survivor: Tocantins' but was pulled right before it started due to medical reasons. Since then he lost 50lbs and had jaw surgery to fix his sleep apnea.

Oh, according to Mike in one of his interviews the medic on Samoa pulled him after 40 minutes but he was find at the 60 minute mark, simply dehydrated. I question that 40 minute mark as I could have sworn the medic said they had waited an hour and Jeff Probst also said the same in his EW blog.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 09-26-2009 at 01:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread