+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 9/17 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/17 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3706102;
    I was surprised it wasn't a two hour intro. That could have made a difference.
    Me too - there were so many contestants, they could have easily made it two hours so we could really get to know them and get a good read on the tribes' personalities. Jeff said in his blog that they took out the intro this time that shows each person&name, to give more time to the episode. Marisa said we didn't get to see how awful Ben was b/c of all the time spent on RH, so I wish they would have made it two hours. Maybe then the ratings would have been better too?

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3706048;
    Thank you!!

Rats, just checked my dvr and I can't find it. It has CSI and CSI: Miami, but no Survivor. Where did you see it?
    CBS press release

CBS’s revised schedule for Saturday, Sept. 19

8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR: SAMOA (R)

9:00-10:00 PM CSI (R)

10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS MYSTERY
    Last edited by pawpaw; 09-19-2009 at 11:45 AM.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee;3706052;
    It still bugs me that there didn't seem to be any group speculation as to the water disappearing and/or if Russell said anything about his socks being gone!
    Marisa in her interview said everyone was drinking from different canteens--when they woke the ASSUMED they had drunk it all up.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

FORT Newbie

The producers must be over the moon regarding Russell he makes for good TV but on a personal level he is just sad.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3705609;
    I still can't understand why anyone would have bought Russell's story about being a firefighter at Katrina. Does he have the athletic build to be a firefighter?? No way. The man looks like he sits around drinking beer from noon to dawn.

As both a weightlifter and a runner I can say that those are two entirely different activities requiring two entirely different sets of physical conditioning and exertion.

He may be able to lift heavy objects but firefighters also have to be in excellent cardio shape to run up ladders and stairs.

I doubt if Russell can run 10 feet without his beer gut slapping him in the face.

That's why I think that Betsy will figure out quickly that he's lying. Most cops know a lot of firefighters since they often work the same incidents--vehicular accidents, fires, rescuing/tending to critically ill people and victims of violent crimes etc.

If she can't figure out that he is not who he says he is she isn't much of a cop.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3706342;
    As both a weightlifter and a runner I can say that those are two entirely different activities requiring two entirely different sets of physical conditioning and exertion.

He may be able to lift heavy objects but firefighters also have to be in excellent cardio shape to run up ladders and stairs.

I doubt if Russell can run 10 feet without his beer gut slapping him in the face.

That's why I think that Betsy will figure out quickly that he's lying. Most cops know a lot of firefighters since they often work the same incidents--vehicular accidents, fires, rescuing/tending to critically ill people and victims of violent crimes etc.

If she can't figure out that he is not who he says he is she isn't much of a cop.
    Well, she does already seem to be pretty suspicious of him.

FORT Fogey

PWS--hi. Yes I caught her comment about her "gut feeling" of uneasiness about him.

I hope she gets much more specific with the other team members about why he is lying every which way to Sunday. (an old phrase of my mom's.)

FORT Fan

I usually hate Survivor "villains", but I found Russell to be surprisingly entertaining. He seemed more like he was playing a character to me than that he is that mean and hateful in "real life", but who knows. I think I'll enjoy watching his shenanigans for a while, but I hope he doesn't last TOO long.

Is it really such a big deal that the one guy used the word "Afro American"? It's outdated, but it's not like it's an insulting name or anything.

I hate Ben. Not only is he a d-bag loser, he reflects badly on country guys.

The Asian girl needs to get over herself. You're picked for a challenge, you should be flattered and do your best. Not obsess over the fact that you're being "stereotyped".

I think I may like Shambo. She's the type who will definitely rub the others the wrong way sooner or later, but so far, so good. I also really like the cop. Hopefully she'll be the one to eventually turn the tide against Russ.

I wish the show had been two hours. As it was, we hardly got to see the one tribe at all. I hope they get more airtime next week.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3706714;
    I usually hate Survivor "villains", but I found Russell to be surprisingly entertaining. He seemed more like he was playing a character to me than that he is that mean and hateful in "real life", but who knows. I think I'll enjoy watching his shenanigans for a while, but I hope he doesn't last TOO long.

Is it really such a big deal that the one guy used the word "Afro American"? It's outdated, but it's not like it's an insulting name or anything.

I hate Ben. Not only is he a d-bag loser, he reflects badly on country guys.

The Asian girl needs to get over herself. You're picked for a challenge, you should be flattered and do your best. Not obsess over the fact that you're being "stereotyped".

I think I may like Shambo. She's the type who will definitely rub the others the wrong way sooner or later, but so far, so good. I also really like the cop. Hopefully she'll be the one to eventually turn the tide against Russ.

I wish the show had been two hours. As it was, we hardly got to see the one tribe at all. I hope they get more airtime next week.
    We may not see much of them for a while...we usually see more of the team that is going to tribal council, so that we can understand the vote, and it seems like Russell H(ate) wants his team to end up there until he's gotten rid of everyone he thinks is weak, dislikes, etc.

Re the canteens...everyone was just drinking out of any old canteen? Ugh! And also doesn't allow a more ant type player to protect him/herself from the grasshoppers!

FORT Fogey

IMO attacking and crippling your own teammates indiscriminately does not bode well for the long range and will come back to bite him in his big fat behind.

Hopefully sooner rather than later.

+ Reply to Thread