+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 9/17 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/17 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Russell is certafiable! Marissa really did not say anything challenging or threatening to russell, yet he reacted in a very agressive way! He ran around and told everyone that she attacked him, she threatened him--and the really scary thing is that they listened to him and voted her out!!! I agree that Russell seems to have a real hate-on for women, and what with the way he acts, I am sure he is real lonely in the girlfriend department. And if by some awful chance he is married, i pity his wife.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Both Johnny Fairplay and Dr. Will from BB were somewhat likable. And while you might have disliked how they played the game, they weren't downright mean in their gameplay or in their confessionals. They still had likable qualities...made me shake my head and laugh at their audacity, but never evoked real disgust. Russel, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have any redeemable qualities...seems like a jerk through and through!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3705368;
    That's exactly what I thought when I heard her say that. Then, look what I found in the spoiler thread. Ughgh

'Survivor' contestant Elizabeth Kim says racism was hardest challenge on CBS reality show
    I certainly hope that she is referring to something we haven't seen yet, and not for being chosen to do a puzzle because she was perceived to be "smart."

If it was because of the first episode, then I really feel for her...she has much bigger issues.

The truly audacious thing he has done is flat out tell the audience what his game strategy will be. IF we hadn't seen his multiple ITMs then his actions, including the over the top sliming of Marissa, would have more of the general audience screaming for his guts to be strung up than are doing so.

I personally cringe at his misogyny; and I believe that his views on women could bite him in the arse when those he has dubbed as dumb during his campaign to make "secret" alliances with all the women, comes to light...and with women, you know it will - either in this camp or at the merge.

Since I haven't read spoilers this season, are they not going to have an Exile Island type of place or a HII? In the first episode there was no mention of either.

Dr. Will was all charm, even when he was being a total stinker. He would tell people right to their faces not to trust him, he lies, and then they would turn around and believe everything he said......I loved watching his diary entries because he was so funny about it all and seemed to be having a blast. With Russell it doesn't seem fun, it seems vindictive and malicious. I know that's his thing and he's going for it, but it seems strange to me to come into this experience with a hate-on already for everyone you're playing against. He wants to hate them all, he wants to control them and make them miserable. That's why he's there, it seems to me, to show the dumbasses how to play and win the game. I just wonder, for such a self-proclaimed fan of Survivor...why all the hate?

I feel for his wife and 4 kids. Or is that a lie too?
    Valar Morghulis

FORT Fogey

If they would stop and think about Russel's Katrina story for one minute they would see it as a tall tale instantly. All police and firefighters along with other rescue organizations were in place and ready to help, not at home. It is also unlikely that he lived in a very poor neighborhhood, predominantly black.

Russel is mostly an act--play up to camera. He got on the show thru Boo from Fiji and James from China & Fans vs Favorites. If he was such a prick in real life neither would hang out with him--think "don't bite the apple" James would hang with him if he hated women and was racist?
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3705435;
    I just wonder, for such a self-proclaimed fan of Survivor...why all the hate?
    I think that's this guy's general state of being - off the game, too. I think he's a deceitful little bastard who enjoys pushing other people's buttons for his own self-satisfaction. Self-aggrandizing, egotistical - all hiding some kind of inferiority complex.

Typical bully behavior. Probably got sat on and beat up a lot at school, took his anger, got successful, and rather than learn from the experience how to NOT treat someone (badly), bullies people around him now that he's in a position of success & power.

I don't doubt he's a successful businessman. The best are often the coldest, cruelest, with the most absence of conscience. Not always, but very often.

I. Want. Blindside.

Some behind the sences stuff today

Tribe leader votes was done twice, both tribes tied the first time--Shamboo & Russel...Mick & Jaison

Marisa said Russel burned her socks too.

Voting Confessionals show that is was more Ben than Russel that got Marisa out.

Erik found a huge Papaya tree and carried it to his camp and planted it.

Brett tried to make fire with his glasses but failed ( no Yau Man )

1/2 Foa Foa was wet at the beginning because one of their boats flipped on the way in.
    Last edited by pawpaw; 09-18-2009 at 01:08 PM.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3705511;
    I. Want. Blindside.
    Won't happen for a while if they realize they also need strength on the tribe and they don't figure out he is responsible for the sabotage. Betsy should out herself and then obtain tribe blessing to do an internal affairs review, LOL.

They weren't the tribe that won the reward challenge, right? How did they end up with fire so quickly?

+ Reply to Thread