+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 9/17 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/17 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Ok, I can tolerate Russel sticking around for awhile only if I knew he was in for a huge blindside at some point. That would be satisfying. With my luck though he'll run the game to the end. *sigh*

Still not sure why I could simply adore Rob M and his evil machinations and instantly despise Russel H and his. I believe I even briefly said I'd rather have Coach back than this guy, and I couldn't stomach Coach!

And burning someone else's property? How is that allowed? Seriously, don't they have some kind of rule against that? I know they cannot steal the HII if they rifle through someone's bag and find it, but how is it ok to simply destroy another person's clothing? I call baloney on that, it doesn't make sense.
    Valar Morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3705228;
    Ok, I can tolerate Russel sticking around for awhile only if I knew he was in for a huge blindside at some point. That would be satisfying. With my luck though he'll run the game to the end. *sigh*

Still not sure why I could simply adore Rob M and his evil machinations and instantly despise Russel H and his. I believe I even briefly said I'd rather have Coach back than this guy, and I couldn't stomach Coach!

And burning someone else's property? How is that allowed? Seriously, don't they have some kind of rule against that? I know they cannot steal the HII if they rifle through someone's bag and find it, but how is it ok to simply destroy another person's clothing? I call baloney on that, it doesn't make sense.
    I wonder if Russel would be willing to go so far as to burn someone's shirt! First he burnt Jaison's socks...can you imagine if Jaison just "lost" his shirt, too? I must be evil, but I would laugh if that happens

Declare Your Independence Passepartout's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3705132;
    Was that the country boy behind Russell? I was already operating on the assumption that country boy was a d-bag from the first words out of his mouth, but if that was him sitting back there running his mouth, then it's confirmed - he's a d-bag.
    That was Ben. Already he and Russell are going to be the two big villians in the show so far!
    Nudge Nudge Wink Wink!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3705219;
    I was wondering why Marisa just didn't out Russel at tribal council that he was trying to make a secret F2 alliance with her? It seemed to me that she was over him anyway, so it could not have harmed her to out Russel. This may have swayed some of the tribe's decisions on who to vote out! But, I think minds are made up before tribal council no matter what happens at tribal council. It'd be too risky to switch your vote at the last minute without aid from your fellow tribemates.
    That's a great point. I think she really felt like she was more than safe.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Oh, and please tell me Russel brought something else to wear besides those saggy, stained, grey boxer shorts?? If they are in such bad shape already, how much longer can they last? Please, for the love of all that's holy, tell me that man has something else to wear to cover up his bulging belly and saggy bum??
    Valar Morghulis

^ Er...and other, um, bits.

lol

Sorry, but I kinda like that I have someone I can so thoroughly hate, right from the get-go. And it is kinda unique, as far as the bad-guy stints have gone. That people (other than Betsey, and, too late, Marissa) are falling for it at all almost delights me. One guy even said in the morning that "someone" drank all his water. Well, who do they think it was? No one questioned further that everyone's water was gone?

I will especially hate him for his he-man-woman-hater talk, though, right along with clueless chef guy's "Afro-American" comment, and Jo-Bob-Ben's whole schtick.

More so than Russell H., I was a little surprised at the gloating look of approval on even Mick's face? Hmm...

Loved that the teams were already chosen (and being in the right colors does add to those saying people are told what to wear...funny how all the big-boobed women have the skimpiest tops on) and I thought the first-impression challenge was great. No one picked did badly in their area, I don't agree that "Shambo" was stupid, she made up a lot of ground and almost had it. And the swimming guy did pretty good, just not as good as Jaison. [homer simpson]Mmmm...Jaison...[/Homer Simpson] Thanks, producers, for all the hunky man-candy to make up for RH in his underwear.

I hope Betsey can work her intuition about RH to her advantage.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;3705079;
    Okay, seriously, what's with Russel? Either he's just this mean, worthless kind of person (or excuse of one), or he's simply a sociopath. This kind of people arre not entertaining for me, at all, it just sickens me to no end, and I sure do hope karma gets him good.
    His game strategy doesn't bother me--though it's kind of iffy and could really result in major blowback on him.

But I DO mind his lack of respect for any human being other than himself.

That's the sick part.

I hope he's gone sooner rather than later. I have a feeling if he sticks around he could get violent--seriously.

He really does sound like a sociopath. Not someone to be stuck out in the woods with for more than a few days.

ETA--if Betsy is a half way decent cop she'll figure out that he's not who he has said he is. Does he know she's a cop? Because she should be able to figure out in just one or two convos with him that he knows nada about firefighting or EMT work. Cops and firefighters are usually pretty tight....

We'll see if she follows up on her gut feeling about him.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 09-18-2009 at 01:40 AM.

Russ H is treating this game like the survivors his own personal guinea pigs, in an experiment of his own making. Or cbs put him up to it (wink wink). The guy doesn't need the money, but he wants to win. I don't think he has a ghost of a chance. I do think, however, the he is going to "mix things up" before he is "jettisoned" off the island (it'll be more violent than a mere vote). LOL

I know, I know - he'll be on Tribal Council (I heard). Guess I just want him "punted off" the island in a big, bad way ! LOL again
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain".

"Save the earth - it's the only planet with chocolate!"

I kept wondering if what Russ was doing was even legal in the game... I guess so. I really wish he had gone but I am curious to see what kind of stuff he can stir up next!
    Yup, with donuts!!

OK people, Survivor has boardcast Russel for weeks as the "villian"--did you think you were going to see one nice thing about him? Do you think you will later?

Coach was given the same edit, dozen confessionals every show being cocky, HOWEVER the insider clips ( sences that were cut we seen the next day often had clips of him being nice or helpfull to players.) Why didn't we see these? Because he was edit to be evil so any "nice" crap was dumped so we were sure to hate him.

If a person has 6 good confessionals and 6 bad confessionals and the show only shows 6 of you being bad and only 1 good over time you will be seen as bad ( or vice versa)

Happens every season, we get one hero and one villian. Think Paulu were Stephanie was the nicest girl ever and the next season the biggest bitch ever--same girl, did she change that much in 6 months?
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread