+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 69

Thread: Shannon Waters - Survivor Samoa

  1. #21
    Starbucks is your friend Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Orygun
    Posts
    12,166

    Re: Shannon Waters - Survivor Samoa

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3709322;
    Many of those would have been before the $100,000 popularity contest of recent seasons.
    Good point. But you have to last a long time to earn that, so it would seem poor strategy to intentionally try for that goal early on. Though I think you are just saying many will stay self-aware for a longer period of time. I can't really argue against that logic.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

  2. #22
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: Shannon Waters - Survivor Samoa

    Amazing. I didn't even realize this was her topic, due to the whole "Shambo" thing.

    Shambo, ShamWow, Shambles... whatever we call her, at least she's been interesting. She's not always the sharpest tool in the shed, but she's the swing vote/turncoat figure, and its always interesting how that plays out.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  3. #23
    FORT Troublemaker MisterSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,994

    Re: Shannon Waters - Survivor Samoa

    I just can't get an ounce of like for her. I can't. She annoys me beyond belief and she's only on my tv for maybe 10 minutes tops per week. She's all about pitying herself and making others look like they're the bad guy. And it also annoys me how the episodes are edited to make it look like she's the good guy. There's a reason why people in the game were annoyed by her and it's not just because they're mean people. I think it's quite clear she judged her tribe before she got to know them and stuck with that judgement (Oh look, they're good looking people, all of them younger than me so they're all part of a 90210 clique and are mean). To me, she's delusional about the people around her and her own delusions are what created the tension between her and the rest of her tribe. And the worst part is she'll probably win the fan favorite prize at the end of the season..

    I really wish they got rid of the fan favorite reward. Survivor should be about making it to the end and winning--that's how you win the prize. Not by losing and still being "likable". (Not a spoiler, I'm just assuming Shambo doesn't win).

  4. #24
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: Shannon Waters - Survivor Samoa

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3750447;
    I just can't get an ounce of like for her. I can't. She annoys me beyond belief and she's only on my tv for maybe 10 minutes tops per week. She's all about pitying herself and making others look like they're the bad guy. And it also annoys me how the episodes are edited to make it look like she's the good guy. There's a reason why people in the game were annoyed by her and it's not just because they're mean people. I think it's quite clear she judged her tribe before she got to know them and stuck with that judgement (Oh look, they're good looking people, all of them younger than me so they're all part of a 90210 clique and are mean). To me, she's delusional about the people around her and her own delusions are what created the tension between her and the rest of her tribe. And the worst part is she'll probably win the fan favorite prize at the end of the season..

    I really wish they got rid of the fan favorite reward. Survivor should be about making it to the end and winning--that's how you win the prize. Not by losing and still being "likable". (Not a spoiler, I'm just assuming Shambo doesn't win).
    This!

    I agree so much with you, MisterSSS.

    Except the part about getting rid of the fan favorite award. I only dislike it when people I dislike end up winning. But other than that, I don't mind it.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  5. #25
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: Shannon Waters - Survivor Samoa

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3750447;
    I just can't get an ounce of like for her. I can't. She annoys me beyond belief and she's only on my tv for maybe 10 minutes tops per week. She's all about pitying herself and making others look like they're the bad guy. And it also annoys me how the episodes are edited to make it look like she's the good guy. There's a reason why people in the game were annoyed by her and it's not just because they're mean people. I think it's quite clear she judged her tribe before she got to know them and stuck with that judgement (Oh look, they're good looking people, all of them younger than me so they're all part of a 90210 clique and are mean). To me, she's delusional about the people around her and her own delusions are what created the tension between her and the rest of her tribe. And the worst part is she'll probably win the fan favorite prize at the end of the season..

    I really wish they got rid of the fan favorite reward. Survivor should be about making it to the end and winning--that's how you win the prize. Not by losing and still being "likable". (Not a spoiler, I'm just assuming Shambo doesn't win).
    She's no more "the good guy" than that annoying grinning idiot Rupert was.

    To an extent, she's right about the "90210" folks, but she was also stupid for not figuring out how to use her different background to her advantage, the way others from other seasons have when they've been "the country bumpkin mixed in with the city kids", or "the wise oldster mixed in with the young-uns". You make yourself into their pet and charm them into thinking they have to look out for you, or gather some kind of country (or "old person") wisdom from you. Or variations on that ploy. Even Rupert did it pretty well.

    ShamWow's only point of interest is that she's currently a good tool for Russell. That's it.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  6. #26
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: Shannon Waters - Survivor Samoa

    Shambo is great. A lot more likeable and genuine than the scumbag RH from this season's producers' bromance.

  7. #27
    Unhinged Paradox Magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    432

    Re: Shannon Waters - Survivor Samoa

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3750835;
    Shambo is great. A lot more likeable and genuine than the scumbag RH from this season's producers' bromance.
    Can you please stop bashing Russell with every post you make? Just stop, it's getting seriously annoying. If you really hate him that much, then just leave.

  8. #28
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: Shannon Waters - Survivor Samoa

    "Can you please stop bashing Russell with every post you make? Just stop, it's getting seriously annoying. If you really hate him that much, then just leave."



    I don't "hate" him or anyone on the show.

    I hate that the producers have turned this season into a show where we only get to know one contestant well and the others barely or not at all.

    I would love to see more of Shambo. I thik she's as original a person as RH is. Perhaps more so.

  9. #29
    Unhinged Paradox Magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    432

    Re: Shannon Waters - Survivor Samoa

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3751102;
    I don't "hate" him or anyone on the show.

    I hate that the producers have turned this season into a show where we only get to know one contestant well and the others barely or not at all.

    I would love to see more of Shambo. I thik she's as original a person as RH is. Perhaps more so.
    Well it definitely seems that you "hate" him, as with almost every post you make in this forum, you bring him up in some way and criticize him. It's seriously irritating. Especially when you say things like, "I can't see why the producers believe anyone is still interested in what he has to say." Because, clearly, everyone but you is. I'm not saying you shouldn't express your opinion, I'm just calling you out on your posts. So, take your Nellie McClung fan club badge and leave.

    Oh, and we see plenty of Shambo. The reason we see most of Russell? Because he's the only one doing anything interesting. Would you rather watch Brett suntanning or Dave measuring his ponytail length than Russell finding idols with no clues, scheming, and making fake alliances? If that's the kind of show you want to see, than 'The Real World' is ready and waiting for you.

  10. #30
    Red Sox Nation Brooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,162

    Re: Shannon Waters - Survivor Samoa

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer View Post
    or not at all.
    That simply isn't true, no matter how much you want to believe it. You don't see *as much* of the players who are intentionally UTR. But you do see them, because they're the ones standing around intentionally not saying anything interesting or provocative. The producers can edit out but they can't edit in. Someone pointed out last week that the producers should drill into the actor wannabee recruits that if they want air time they have to *do* something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.