+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Natalie White - Survivor Samoa

FORT Regular

Re: Natalie White - Survivor Samoa

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3774387;
    I felt sorry for her when she just succumbed to the fact that she lost and was undeserving. I really did kind of gag when Russell was telling her she needs to convince the jury why she deserves 2nd place (as if she could never win first place). Even though I DO think she was undeserving, I think her win empowers her as a person and her capabilities in life and I think she deserves that .
    Just because she acted like she succumbed doesn't mean that wasn't part of her strategy. She had "survived" this long by not challenging Russell, so why start now? I actually believe it worked to her advantage for Russell to think the win was already his, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that was her intent. Overconfidence takes down many a daunting opponent, and we can't underestimate the effect it had on the jury.

Like I mentioned in Russell's thread, sometimes people don't want to buy a car from the most "spectacular" used-car-salesman. The results seem to speak for themselves in this case. The un-"spectacular" salesman closed the deal.

Perhaps there should be another award for the most "impressive" survivor that didn't "survive" the final vote.

FORT Regular

I think little Natalie is alot smarter than people think....she watched and she decided bucking Russell in any way was too dangerous...smart...notso smart of Russell to toot his own horn so much. They did not like it. Social game, Natalie won.

Quote Originally Posted by NWTim;3774466;
    Just because she acted like she succumbed doesn't mean that wasn't part of her strategy. She had "survived" this long by not challenging Russell, so why start now? I actually believe it worked to her advantage for Russell to think the win was already his, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that was her intent. Overconfidence takes down many a daunting opponent, and we can't underestimate the effect it had on the jury.

Like I mentioned in Russell's thread, sometimes people don't want to buy a car from the most "spectacular" used-car-salesman. The results seem to speak for themselves in this case. The un-"spectacular" salesman closed the deal.

Perhaps there should be another award for the most "impressive" survivor that didn't "survive" the final vote.
    I understand that, but that doesn't deviate at all from Mick's strategy as well. If we're praising Natalie for not challenging Russell, we should praise Mick as well. On paper, Mick and Natalie played the same game. Both were likable as well. So if we're arguing that Natalie deserves her win, how does her game differ from Mick's that puts her in a more deserving light?

That's why I say Russell is more deserving, but I'm happy Natalie won given Russell's rather robust ego

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3774480;
    I understand that, but that doesn't deviate at all from Mick's strategy as well. If we're praising Natalie for not challenging Russell, we should praise Mick as well. On paper, Mick and Natalie played the same game. Both were likable as well. So if we're arguing that Natalie deserves her win, how does her game differ from Mick's that puts her in a more deserving light?
    That's why I say Russell is more deserving, but I'm happy Natalie won given Russell's rather robust ego
    Because she worked the Jury like nobody's business, knowing that if you get to the end that jury votes are the only thing that matters. She won the Jury votes, so to me she is obviously the most deserving.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Regular

There were many differences between Mick's game and Natalie's game. The most obvious one is their physical appearance (I hesitate to use the word "strength", because Natalie seemed to be much stronger than her appearance). Also, I don't remember ever seeing Natalie refer to Russell as a snake, either privately to a camera or to any tribe-mates. I believe that's a significant difference, because words have a way of coming back to haunt at the most inopportune time. Mick may have been further ahead not saying so much.

Another factor that may be underappreciated is that Galu had a strong designated leader in Big Russ and seemed to resent that Mick didn't stack up very well in comparison as Foa Foa's designated leader. Natalie didn't have that baggage, either.

FORT Newbie

Natalie spent time getting to know people. She was friendly with the women and spent time with Brett. It's hard to know with the editing, but they didn't show Mick spending as much time with the jury members during the game.

I think Russell was a better player, and I thought the vote would be closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3774491;
    Because she worked the Jury like nobody's business, knowing that if you get to the end that jury votes are the only thing that matters. She won the Jury votes, so to me she is obviously the most deserving.
    I agree that she performed better in the jury questioning than Mick, but I didn't really see her work the jury. She made her argument about staying passive to Russell as a strategy and by building her strength by playing this game, but she also made clear that she believed she did not win which to me is like telling the jury you don't deserve to win. You need to own your game and be proud of it no matter how unimpressive it may have seemed. I believe Eric did that for her, but I also believe the jury already had a pretty good idea that they would vote for Natalie.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased that Natalie won, especially after Russell's ego and bragging that he did, and his behavior after he found out he lost. I think Russell and Natalie both had weak points in their strategies, but I still believe Russell played the stronger game and I'm one of those people who wants to award aggressive gameplay over passive gameplay despite social prowess.

Quote Originally Posted by NWTim;3774494;
    There were many differences between Mick's game and Natalie's game. The most obvious one is their physical appearance (I hesitate to use the word "strength", because Natalie seemed to be much stronger than her appearance). Also, I don't remember ever seeing Natalie refer to Russell as a snake, either privately to a camera or to any tribe-mates. I believe that's a significant difference, because words have a way of coming back to haunt at the most inopportune time. Mick may have been further ahead not saying so much.

Another factor that may be underappreciated is that Galu had a strong designated leader in Big Russ and seemed to resent that Mick didn't stack up very well in comparison as Foa Foa's designated leader. Natalie didn't have that baggage, either.

Yes, Mick had a poorer social game than any of the other remaining F3. Russell's social gameplay was all about talking strategy, while I believe Natalie's was about getting to know the person.

I believe Natalie had a better social game, but I believe Russell's aggressive moves were just more impressive and it would have been more fulfilling for me to see that kind of play awarded over a passive socialite .

It's hard to tell because of editing as well, I'm sure much of Natalie and Mick's game have been edited out.

I think Russell's loss is painfully fitting. Had Russell shown a little more passion, perhaps even some remorse about how he treated some people and made it clear he had to separate personal relationships from strategy, I believe he would have had a much better chance at winning. That's where he screwed up. He was too much of an egomaniac and got too excited because he already expected to win.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3774504;
    I agree that she performed better in the jury questioning than Mick, but I didn't really see her work the jury. She made her argument about staying passive to Russell as a strategy and by building her strength by playing this game, but she also made clear that she believed she did not win which to me is like telling the jury you don't deserve to win. You need to own your game and be proud of it no matter how unimpressive it may have seemed. I believe Eric did that for her, but I also believe the jury already had a pretty good idea that they would vote for Natalie.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased that Natalie won, especially after Russell's ego and bragging that he did, and his behavior after he found out he lost. I think Russell and Natalie both had weak points in their strategies, but I still believe Russell played the stronger game and I'm one of those people who wants to award aggressive gameplay over passive gameplay despite social prowess.
    I should have been more clear. I'm not talking about the FTC, she worked the jury way before the questioning at Final Tribal Council where she would had to have screwed up royally to lose.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3774521;
    I should have been more clear. I'm not talking about the FTC, she worked the jury way before tribal council where she would had to have screwed up royally at the FTC to lose.
    Ah okay, gotcha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast