+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Sharbaugh - Survivor Samoa

Re: Kelly Sharbaugh - Survivor Samoa

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer View Post
    There's no way we can Know that since they've refused to show us anyone except RH in great detail week after week.

The claim was made last night that she is very social and gets along with everyone--and that made her a threat. It would have been great to see at least some of that.
    No detail needed. We saw that part of her in every scene she was in. Being sociable and getting along with everyone. Lots of scenes like that, but boring, nothing memorable, so you don't remember any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3749703;
    "There wasn't anything to see."
    There's no way we can Know that since they've refused to show us anyone except RH in great detail week after week.

The claim was made last night that she is very social and gets along with everyone--and that made her a threat. It would have been great to see at least some of that.
    Watch her Ponderosa clip, read her interviews--she's about as exciting as watching grass grow. Her "game" according to her was to listen but not saying anything and not get too close to anyone--her words. Doesn't make for great TV if all you do is sit in the corner of the hut and be silent--thats why you didn't see her.

Not bitter at all

Russell was mean because he got her out and she was a "real" player

Russell doesn't deserve to be there

All the Galu were the "good" people

Foa Foa are all evil and should go home

Sounds like a 12 year old
    Last edited by pawpaw; 11-13-2009 at 05:13 PM.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3749879;
    Watch her Ponderosa clip, read her interviews--she's about as exciting as watching grass grow. Her "game" according to her was to listen but not saying anything and not get too close to anyone--her words. Doesn't make for great TV if all you do is sit in the corner of the hut and be silent--thats why you didn't see her.

Not bitter at all

Yikes! Thanks for filling me so I don't have to waste time reading her interview. The remaining Galu team members all seem to be flat and boring - other than Laura and the guy with the beard. Total yawners.

Not that Foa Foa - other than Russell - is any better, but they are charming in their helplessness.

Kelly recognizes in her post-show interviews that Russell does indeed have some game. I think it's natural for people who just lost any sort of competition to be unjustly angry and say irrational things right after they lose especially if they've been so invested in whatever they were competing in. I think she's a sweet girl and had a really good position in the game; it was smart for Russell to take her out.

Before I read her post-show interviews, I thought that it was stupid for Russell to target Kelly. She seemed harmless, and pretty much the main reason why Kelly was his target was because of Shambo. Honestly, it seems like Shambo hates all of the women of Galu, especially Laura. Just from my judgment on the show, I was thinking that she used the excuse of Kelly being too close with everyone as an excuse to get her out, when the main reason was that she was close with Laura.

But now after reading Kelly's interviews, it looks like Shambo was right, and it pains me to admit that because I really dislike Shambo. Kelly was close with everyone. In fact, her closest ally was Brett (go figure, the two most invisible contestants are the two in an alliance together ), so that just shows that she was bonded with more people than Laura and Monica. So yeah, I guess Kelly was a smart decision.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I thought ousting Kelly was smart. She was friends with everyone, a danger to take to the final 2/3. You don't want to be up against someone who has lots of friends on the jury.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3749879;

Not bitter at all

Why should I have to go AWAY from the show to get an idea of who Kelly was? Was she not a contestant on the show?

Why couldn't they spare oh say five minutes from the Russell love-fest to show us who Kelly really was?

Was she on the show or not?

On my tv it looked like she was not.

Ditto for John and Brett and Mick--among others.

WD, the rest of us don't seem to have a problem getting to know the contestants, and we understand that this is not an unedited documentary - I don't know why you are fighting that concept or what else we can say to dissuade you of your illusion that we are somehow *owed* equal views of unequally interesting or pivotal characters on a reality tv program. The goal is entertainment and advertising dollars. Not full disclosure on every single contestant. The Ponderosa clips are probably the best scenes you will ever have for getting to know the contestants. Along with the original CBS film interviews and the exit interviews, they help make up for the relatively few minutes that can be devoted to any of the players. They also make the season and the players much more interesting and understandable to us, so you're denying yourself that by refusing to view them.

Wait... there was someone named Kelly on the show this season?
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I still have no idea who Brett is, either!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast