+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Fincher - Survivor Samoa

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

John Fincher - Survivor Samoa

John Fincher

Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.

John Fincher claims “winning” is his favorite hobby, and because of that he should have no problem playing the game of SURVIVOR. Being a rocket scientist probably will not hurt his chances either. This charmingly cocky genius believes he possesses the analytical skills necessary to take him far in the game while helping him create a mastermind strategy. In addition to brains, he is a former semi-pro soccer player, who is also going to pose a physical threat in the game.

Fincher says that he is at his best during high pressure situations and times of complete chaos. He finds idiots or “unskilled” people amusing, and has no problem telling them to their face. John has traveled extensively in South America, Europe, South Africa, and Canada, and he plans to use his experience of dealing with people from diverse backgrounds to his best advantage.

John is no stranger to creating conflict and thinks it could work to his advantage in the game. Although, John also believes his good looks and charm will help even out his aggressive personality, especially with the ladies. He also will not apologize living a privileged life and claims that he will party his way around the world with his winnings.

John resides in Santa Monica, Calif. His birth date is August 16th.

Survivor Cast - CBS.com

Who is John Galt?

Re: John Fincher - Survivor Samoa

Too bad he is gorgeous AND has a big brain. There is nothing for him to be humble about. If he has also lived a "privileged" life, he could be a really big jerk. Sounds like he has a "charming" personality too. That all adds up to "hated" by the other guys, but attractive to some of the "silicone" sweeties.

It will all come down to how well he can hide his arrogance.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Giving it to us blunt I see. Causing chaos? He better entertain me or GO HOME.

Wow! Gorgeous, smart, and from the sounds of things....an arrogant jerk. Hope I'm wrong, but given the fact that "He finds idiots or “unskilled” people amusing, and has no problem telling them to their face," I doubt it.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Wonder if he knows BB's Michelle?
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3690675;
    Wonder if he knows BB's Michelle?
    Rocket scientists don't interact much with neurobiologists...

But I'm sure they will meet on the reality TV interview circuit at some point. Sounds like too obviously an arrogant jerk to be friends with her though.

Maybe he is making this personality up to get on the show?

Isn't this our 2nd "rocket scientist"?

Jeff called him a poser...

Yawn. I'll pass on him. Next please.

Here is an article from the Orange County (CA) paper:

UCI engineering grad to compete of CBS’ “Survivor” - College Life OC - OCRegister.com

The latest season of CBS’s venerable show Survivor is underway on Samoa, and this year’s cast features John Fincher, who earned his degree in engineering at UC Irvine in 2006. (So far, it hasn’t helped him, so far as we can see.)

CBS says the 25-year-old Fincher is a rocket scientist. I’m watching the show and can’t tell if the programmers were being accurate or ironic. I mean, it’s tough to earn an engineering degree at Irvine. But so far, Fincher is doing poorly. A competitor has already dismissed him as a pretty boy. Fincher did poorly in the swimming competition. And his plans for a hut mostly bored people.

Fincher hasn’t even impressed ‘Shambo,” a former Marine who said, “All he’s doing is running his mouth.” He’s won immunity until next week, I think, but things aren’t looking good long-term.
    Gary Robbins, the writer, has even put up a poll on how long Fincher will last in the game.

I hope he lasts a long time. That's my eye candy for this season

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast