+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Betsy Bolan - Survivor Samoa

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Betsy Bolan - Survivor Samoa

Betsy Bolan

Hometown: Campton, N.H.

Betsy Bolan dreamed of being a cop her entire life and at age 47 finally turned that dream into a reality. Her friends and family still cannot believe this mother of four is an officer of the law. Even though she is nicknamed “Officer Friendly,” Betsy isn’t naïve and knows that “nice people can be snakes.” She feels her skills as a cop will help her stand up to the possible jerks and alpha-males she could run into during SURVIVOR.

Betsy is happily married with two boys and two girls ranging in age from 8 to 16, but her world almost came apart when her husband was diagnosed with stage-four prostate cancer. Now with his cancer in remission, “all is good” on the home front, but Betsy says the money would mean a lot to her family since her husband does not have health insurance.

After going through a wild time in her youth, this former hippie has now been clean and sober for 21 years. Betsy’s overcome a number of obstacles in her life and is ready to tackle the next one, especially, now that she has become the person “she’s always dreamed of being.”

Currently, Betsy resides in Campton, N.H. Her birth date is March 20th.

Survivor Cast - CBS.com

Who is John Galt?

Re: Betsy Bolan - Survivor Samoa

No pushover is this gal. Been there, done that and has nothing to prove.

Wow, hopefully her husband's cancer stays in remission.

It seems she could go either way. Either find herself outside the young group early on, or be seen as a solid, trustworthy alliance mate. She better make some friends early though.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Hippie turned officer? Didn't see that one coming. Perhaps she acts on impulses...can be good for the game

She's my pre-show favorite. Hopefully with all of the young competition people will forget about her and she can fly under the radar.

She could be fun to watch. Ex-hippy turned cops. I like the sound of that. I wonder if she is more of a peace officer than a law enforcer.

Why does she look so familiar?

I can really relate to this girl. I know a female who just turned 40 with three kids who just became a cop. More power to her! 21 years clean giving up her hippie past must have been a tremendous challenge. Can't wait to see her interact with the others.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

FORT Fanatic

Wouldn't her husband be covered under her insurance policy if she wanted family coverage?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3703680;
    Wouldn't her husband be covered under her insurance policy if she wanted family coverage?
    It depends on your policy ... some don't cover dependents or don't cover adult family members. And some are starting to drop dependents. (This is one reason is why many [cough,cough, me] think we need some healthcare reform, but don't get me started!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast