+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why Rob can't win Survivor

FORT Fan
    Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    I agree with your analysis. Rob is much to careful to tell something so critical to someone who hates him.

If the others think they have a good chance against him, they may carry him. If they had to choose between Rob/Jenna to take to the F2, and figure they will win either way... of course they are going to take Rob before whiny, sucky spoiled Jenna.
    My thoughts exactly. I know I'd take Rob over Jenna if I felt I could win against either of them. It would be interesting to see what is said, if anything, about this "gaffe" in the reunion show.

Yep, I'm in agreement with that.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Great insights, tmcrae! I love your theory. Rob does seem too smart to make really obvious trivial mistakes like that.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I think Rob's admitting openly that he can not beat anyone but Jenna was a great ploy.

At this stage of the game you want to bring along the most hated. Rob has now put the idea in everyone's head that he is the most hated. This is a great for Rob unless someone figures out that he might also be considered by the jury to be the best game player, which is not someone you want to be with.

Therefore, Matt, Butch and Heidi will possibly want Rob with them at the end. Jenna out of spite probably would just want to screw Rob out of at least 100K and pick someone else. The only person Jenna may feel that she can beat is Matt, the "weird guy". Remember the only one that we have been shown that thinks Matt is not beatable now is Rob, because of the RC gift Matt gave, but everyone else may still think that no one will vote for the crazy man.

Rob has had to work a lot more with the people that are left in this game. Not only does Rob have openly hostile people to deal with like Jenna, non-commiters like Christy, people that have other aliances like J and H, M and B, and less trusting people unlike Brian with Helen, Jan and Clay and Richard with Rudy. He has had to play out in the open like the evil Dr. (what's his name) on Big Brother.

But no matter, if Rob doesn't succeed he will be a considered an entertaining player just not a winner and that's all that counts in this game.

Survivor is evolving in that it will be hard for any trust to last much further than the final 5. I'm surprized that it lasted as long as it did last year. If just one of the final 5 last year comparied notes about Brian, he would have lost.

I think Rob's playing the game the way Mark Burnett originally intended it to be played. He's outwitted & outplayed everybody & controlled the game without using alliances. He's like the ultimate free agent, cutting deals with a different person every week. And from the looks of it, nobody holds it against him. They realize he's just playing the game. Win or lose, I'd like to see more players like him in the future.

JR.
    That's a good point Jodaar, I'd like to see a season where everyone played like that. Noboby would know who to trust.

Yep, I agree with that too.
    If he does make the final two I just hope the others can appreciate his game play.
    "That's Numberwang!"

i want rob to win. i do. i think he came to play the game and continued to play the entire time, whereas others had lapses in judgment believing they were forging friendships rather than competing to get to the final 2. even tonight, i remember one of the tribe mates saying, "this isn't a competition." i said out loud, "yes it is, you moron!" (must've been one of the half wits). and besides his excellent game play, and i know this doesn't matter to the other survivors, but without rob, this season would have lacked a tremendous amount of entertainment. he is my fave.

FORT Fogey

Rockin' Rob

Sher, I just read most of the interview with Jeff and I was somewhat surprised to read that he believes that Rob has played the game better than anyone who preceded him.

Somehow, playing the part of the Court Jester as Rob has been doing, enables him to get away with far more than serious-seeming participants. Otherwise, why did Heidi/Jenna listen to him and accept that he was going to vote them out? Why does Matt continue to trust him? Why does Jeff admire him so much?

It's interesting that he's your favorite too. I still cannot make up my mind about him. He is funny and comes out with some great stuff but on the other hand, he comes across as such a pathetic loser when he talks about his lack of success with women, that I just cannot wholeheartedly like him. I want my winner to be a winner!

Great job on transcribing the Telephone Press Conference with Jeff. Congratulations!

I don't think I would care to much for Rob in real life (he is so desperate when it comes to girls - a major turn-off), but as far as the show goes he has been a brilliant player and very entertaining. If he won, I would not say he was undeserving in the least.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast