+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why Rob can't win Survivor

Fri Morning Survivorback
    Originally posted by CaliGirl
    A good player is one who wins the whole thing. I cannot see Rob doing that.
    True, if he doesn't win, I wouldn't give him the #3 spot but I would rank him above Lex, Kathy, and probably even Colby since Rob has gotten here w/o the physical domination.
    What do honesty, integrity, morals, or ethics have to do with a million dollars?

Sometimes jury members like a-holes. As has been said earlier, everyone thought Richarch Hatch would lose because he's been such an a-hole, but sometimes juries forget that and give them their vote because they think they played a better game. You can NEVER be sure who will win out of the final 2, because juries are so fickle. A contestant on the jury can whine all game about someone on the final 2's backstabbing then vote FOR them in the end.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

I think it's very possible Rob can win. It will depend who he has sitting with him at the end and how good of a speech he can come up with. If there was a guy who could back stab you and your friends and laugh about it the next day and then sit down several days later giving you some sort of convulted story about why he did it convincing you that it was the right thing to do at the time so golly gee you have to give him the money...that guy would be Rob.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Originally posted by MoodyBlue
    I don't think Rob will win it either. The mistake he made was voting out Christie, but I do think he will make it to the bottom 3.

IMO, it's going to come down to Heidi and Jenna. If they can get Rob to go along w/ them and vote out Matt & Butch.. then Heidi and Jenna can boot off Rob.

I would rather see Rob win than one of those 2. After last night (I seriously could bearly look at Heidi and just can't stand Jenna)

Rob even in his speedos is more deserving than those 2 wenches.

UGH

I'd really quit watching if that happened........
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

BTW, Mosaik, the jury members are supposed to not confer with one another, but I have a hard time imagining they don't. I've never heard stories of them being individually sequestered.

And I agree with Zaius up there. I've said many times you can't account for how the jury will think. You just have to get yourself in those final two chairs however you can, then prepare yourself for the Q&A round. I think you can actually come from behind and win the game either by handling that round exceptionally well (Tina) or by having your unprepared opponent disintegrate (as Neleh did against Vee).
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Fri Morning Survivorback
    Originally posted by nlmcp
    If there was a guy who could back stab you and your friends and laugh about it the next day and then sit down several days later giving you some sort of convulted story about why he did it convincing you that it was the right thing to do at the time so golly gee you have to give him the money...that guy would be Rob.
    WOW, I'm out of breath after reading that sentence...
    What do honesty, integrity, morals, or ethics have to do with a million dollars?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paulie
    [B]BTW, Mosaik, the jury members are supposed to not confer with one another, but I have a hard time imagining they don't. I've never heard stories of them being individually sequestered.

--
    Ok
    this is news to me. I thought they did speak to eachother and how great that would be for this jury (especially regarding Rob)

I watched last season and none before that and never really read much like I do now after the shows.

This is a bummer. Hopefully, they'll figure it out on their own.

I also noticed on one episode when....I think Deana got the boot.
    Heidi was nodding her head like oh no this is not right...

Trying to look innocent.

Oh well. I thought Christy could go tell the rest of them what was going on.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Fri Morning Survivorback
    Originally posted by Paulie
    And I agree with Zaius up there. I've said many times you can't account for how the jury will think. You just have to get yourself in those final two chairs however you can, then prepare yourself for the Q&A round. I think you can actually come from behind and win the game either by handling that round exceptionally well (Tina) or by having your unprepared opponent disintegrate (as Neleh did against Vee).
    Haven't all the season's been decided 4-3 except one?

That's correct, MFLC. Ethan routed KimJ 5-2. It would've been 7-0, too, if Kelly and Brandon weren't such knotheads.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

This has been some interesting discussion here,but everybody is missing a few things IMO. There is three solid players in this game at this point. Rob, Mathew AND Jenna!!
    Rob is playing the snake card and depending on immunity challenges he could very well win by asking the jury to respect the way he played ala Richard Hatch.
    Has anyone noticed that Mathew hardly ever discuses his plans??? He repeats what Rob has told him but little else. Remember he threw the challenge last week and took a gamble that Rob would not vote against him. And it worked. Does anyone truly believe that he missed all his plates, after the way he was shooting the arrows and javelin last week?? After thinking about it, I was not surprised that he voted Christy off last night. He's letting Rob and the " stepsisters" take all the heat.
    And then Jenna...she has her own plans also that she alluded to last night. I think to win this game you need 1 person that will always vote with you and she has that in Heidi.
    In retrospect, it was either Christi or Butch last night BECAUSE they are the nicest people left. If Rob,Mathew,Jenna or Heidi went to the final vote against Christi or Butch they will LOSE.

My predictions for the final votes goes like this...
    1st eliminated ------- Butch ( get rid of nice people)
    2nd " ------- Heidi ( Jenna will make her think it was Rob)
    3rd " ------- Rob ( Mathew will pull the rug out from
    under Rob.)
    Final two - Mathew and Jenna

Here is my breakdown for final voting to win the million...

Dave - Jenna
    Deena - Mathew
    Alex - Jenna
    Christy - Mathew
    Butch - Mathew
    Heidi - Jenna
    3 - 3 tie with Rob as the deciding vote. Who wins depends on whether he respects Mathew for playing him or is still lusting after Jenna.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast