+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why Rob can't win Survivor

I don't think Rob will win it either. The mistake he made was voting out Christie, but I do think he will make it to the bottom 3.

IMO, it's going to come down to Heidi and Jenna. If they can get Rob to go along w/ them and vote out Matt & Butch.. then Heidi and Jenna can boot off Rob.
    "You are only as HAPPY, as your UNHAPPIEST child"

If it werent' for the spoilers, I think Rob would be the odds-on favorite to win the game right now. I think he's already surpassed Rich Hatch & Brian Heidik as the best player ever. They played good games too, but were blessed to have such tribemates as they did. I don't think you can write Rob off if he doesn't win it all.

Actually, I think Brian is the best player ever. I am very impressed with the unique style of play that Rob is employing, and I do think he belongs in that top three. But you can't ignore the fact that Brian was never really in danger during his run to the S5 title. That can't be attributed solely to the mix of players he had around him. He had total control of that game, but he was so deft in his handling of the other players that nobody ever knew it.

Rob has skillfully directed the game so that he's always in the swing vote position. But he is understandably more paranoid about his position because he has to keep so many plates spinning.

On the other hand, if he should win the game even in the face of the very public knowledge that he's been lying to everyone and manipulating the game from the outset, then he certainly would deserve due consideration as the best player ever. We'll have to see.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Brian played a better game than Rob has so far. Brian had multiple options open to him to reach the end of the game. The vote for his victory never should have been that close.

I give Rich credit for winning the first game and playing it well. So I would rank him #2.

If Rob wins, I think he is easily #3 on that list, and deserves a lot of credit. However, he has not broken up the Jenna/Heidi alliance, and if he was smart, he would have done that this week, instead of taking out Christy. That will bite him soon I think, perhaps as early as this week.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Originally posted by jodaar
    If it werent' for the spoilers, I think Rob would be the odds-on favorite to win the game right now. I think he's already surpassed Rich Hatch & Brian Heidik as the best player ever. They played good games too, but were blessed to have such tribemates as they did. I don't think you can write Rob off if he doesn't win it all.
    You are giving Rob way too much credit. He is not a genius, but rather is surrounded by fools or just people who trust too much.

I disagree NYGal, I think that several people there came to play hard and do whatever it took to win. So far Rob has outlasted most of them, and that is the point of the game.

Doesn't mean I want to have lunch with somebody like him, but he is a very good player.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Fri Morning Survivorback
    Rob may not be the master of the mind game (Richard) or the master of the private alliance (Brian) but he is certainly the most flexible and situational player ever. No one has been as adept at changing his game plan over and over.
    What do honesty, integrity, morals, or ethics have to do with a million dollars?

FORT Fogey
    A good player is one who wins the whole thing. I cannot see Rob doing that.

I agree with those that said that the best player was Brian and second best was Richard Hatch but he gets a bonus point for being the prototype player or shall we give the credit to Nash?

"You are giving Rob way too much credit. He is not a genius, but rather is surrounded by fools or just people who trust too much."
    Great way to put it, NYGal!

I'm pretty new around here so I apologize if this question has come up before...

Do the jury members have the chance to discuss the game with each other when not in attendance at tribal council? Or are they sequestered individually, to prevent them from plotting and finding out more details about alliances, betrayals, etc.?

Do confirmed answers exist to these questions?

M
    ~M o s a i K~

Jury members are together in the "Jury Lodge", kept away from non-jury bootees, but I believe they can and do interact with each other.

As for Rob, the difference between him and Brian is that a core group of players didn't KNOW Brian was stabbing everyone in the back. With Rob, everyone knows it, it's just convenient for them to keep him around, and he still ends up stabbing them when they least expect it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast